So proud of this team tonight.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: So proud of this team tonight.

In response to TFB12's comment:

No Gronk tonight, wet conditions favored the 49'ers defense, lost by 7 in the end.  Fix some problems, have good film on the game, I like the chances to should the Patriots meet them in the SB. 

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

there was no quit even with 4 TDs down. it's better to see some of teh things that needs fixing at this point. all of that will be fixed by playoffs.

special teams will play better. RBs were getting good yardage on teh ground, if not for a couple of silly fumbles, that would be part of the game.

bottomline is knowing that they can score 4 TDs in a half against the niners. as i said earlier this week, the niners d is the type that they had difficulty scoring against in recent past. pats now know they can score a lot against the best d in the league.

the pats d will also be better next time they meet if they meet. staff probably did not expect an effective qb. now bb has seen their attack.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Crazy as it might sound, I like our chances to win the Super Bowl better now than I did before this game.  Yes, yes, I realize we just got beat at home, but this team showed some incredible heart tonight.  Down 31-3 mid-way through the 3rd quarter and they come back to tie it by mid 4th quarter?!  That was crazy!  The defense just ran out of gas, but I was so impressed with the way they responded after a first half that went as poorly as it possibly could have.  We will likely be playing on wild-card weekend now, but I really like our chances.  This team is mentally tough, and will use this bitter loss as more motivation moving forward.  Go Pats!!!

What meds do you use? I want some. Talk about channeling Rod Rust.

This game was a microcosm of the team's 2012 season: dig yourself a 3-3 hole and try to crawl out from it.

The wily ol' sage from Havana is right. The Pats finished 1-3 against the NFC West, including two losses at home. If they come up short in the play-offs, put that on the 2012 Pats' tombstone.

How can any Pats' fan "feel so proud" of this team, tonight. Losing is one thing, But this team clearly was not ready to play, and came out flatter than 5 month old Pepsi. They were down on their home field, 31-3. They couldn't run the ball, had numerous dropped passes, turned the ball over four (4) times, and were awful on special teams. Say bye bye to the bye...and hello to ol' Horseface in Denver.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Crazy as it might sound, I like our chances to win the Super Bowl better now than I did before this game.  Yes, yes, I realize we just got beat at home, but this team showed some incredible heart tonight.  Down 31-3 mid-way through the 3rd quarter and they come back to tie it by mid 4th quarter?!  That was crazy!  The defense just ran out of gas, but I was so impressed with the way they responded after a first half that went as poorly as it possibly could have.  We will likely be playing on wild-card weekend now, but I really like our chances.  This team is mentally tough, and will use this bitter loss as more motivation moving forward.  Go Pats!!!

This game was a microcosm of the team's 2012 season: dig yourself a 3-3 hole and try to crawl out from it.

The wily ol' sage from Havana is right. The Pats finished 1-3 against the NFC West, including two losses at home. If they come up short in the play-offs, but that on the 2012 Pats' tombstone.

How can any Pats' fan "feel so proud" of this team, tonight. Losing is one thing, but this team clearly was not ready to play, and came out flatter than 5 month old Pepsi. They were down on their home field, 31-3. They couldn't run the ball, had numerous dropped passes, turned the ball over four (4) times, and were awful on special teams. Say bye bye to the bye...and hello to ol' Horseface in Denver.    

And they nearly came back to win it after all that,  Oh, and against the best D is the league that only allows 14pts a game, no less.  That's why!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

41 points scored on the defense. Yeah the Pats are great! 2 losses at home this year. Yeah the Pats are great! 3 wins in playoffs to get to SB(most likely 2 on road), no chance! They blew it tonight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The wily ol' sage from Havana is right. The Pats finished 1-3 against the NFC West, including two losses at home. If they come up short in the play-offs, put that on the 2012 Pats' tombstone.

How can any Pats' fan "feel so proud" of this team, tonight. Losing is one thing, But this team clearly was not ready to play, and came out flatter than 5 month old Pepsi. They were down on their home field, 31-3. They couldn't run the ball, had numerous dropped passes, turned the ball over four (4) times, and were awful on special teams. Say bye bye to the bye...and hello to ol' Horseface in Denver.    

Biggest fair weather fan on the board. He is only happy in blow out wins. If you do not believe me check his report cards in close ones. Earlier this year he said the Pats had no heart so what do you expect from him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I still like us the most out of all the AFC playoff teams. Denver has not beaten anyone good, Baltimore is extremely beat up (which is why I say what I did about Denver), and I like how we match up against Houston.

Also we are getting Gronk back soon, which is HUGE. I think he is a crucial piece to be missing against a physical team like the 49ers.

denver will be a tough out, maybe the toughest

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'll be proud if the Crush the Jaguars next week. I f they come out all sloppy i might start worrying about some negative carryover.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

there was no quit even with 4 TDs down. it's better to see some of teh things that needs fixing at this point. all of that will be fixed by playoffs.

special teams will play better. RBs were getting good yardage on teh ground, if not for a couple of silly fumbles, that would be part of the game.

bottomline is knowing that they can score 4 TDs in a half against the niners. as i said earlier this week, the niners d is the type that they had difficulty scoring against in recent past. pats now know they can score a lot against the best d in the league.

the pats d will also be better next time they meet if they meet. staff probably did not expect an effective qb. now bb has seen their attack.

exactly,

in my reply to sportsbozo who missed teh first half i said,

you didnt see 5 to 7 pass interferences, 2 in the endzone not called against sf.

if arrington doesnt play, if there are referees who can run fast enough to keep up with the play to make an accurate call

or as you say, it doesnt rain. sf fumbled as many times or more, they just got all theirs back, like us agaisnt houston,

then the pats win.

that 28 points (comeback in the rain, after being as worn out as sf by that time)  was one of the best things ive ever seen, particarly of teh pats

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I'll be proud if the Crush the Jaguars next week. I f they come out all sloppy i might start worrying about some negative carryover.

i actually don't want them to go out with all the plays. i's rather they go with the plan against miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

my only concern going into sf and hous was not win or loss, but health afterward for the playoff push

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Loving this teams fight...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Would have been a great gut check but you know, this team showed heart. Brady found a way to come back and make it a game, despite his top 2 weapons being effectively doubled in the crucial moments of the game. He was vintage, Tom Terrific, minus that one bad pass to Wes. We were overwhelmed early but now we know them and would fair much better if we dont spot them 28 pts. Took one on the chin, but we showed fight. We didnt lay down like the Texans did last week with 3 straight Runs and White flag. We fought back and basically the Special teams let us down and defense ran out of gas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Id tend to agree. This team will make adjustments, and has time to make them. Really there were just a couple glaring mistkes--mostly two of the turnovers--that changed the whole game. SF gave thier absolute best and still almost lost to a Pats team that played sloppy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

SPARE ME!!! The above represents the latest propaganda from the Ostrich Society, to try to put a happy face on this awful loss.  To say that last nights' performance was highly disappointing is a gross understatement. The Pats got pushed around for 2.5 quarters. It was a reminder to all us Pats fans, and, especially for the homers who reside in the Ostrich Society, that the Pats have some holes, and have had problems in the past beating tough, physical teams. Last night was an introduction to the tough, physical football, which the Pats must deal with in the play-offs. One team wins by exerting it's will over another. The 49ers' "D" exerted their will over the Pats by forcing four turnovers. Two of which in particular set up easy TDs. In this was an indoctrination to tough, physical playoff football, younger players like Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen  wilted. 

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Folks, if someone had told any of you that the Patriots were going to turn the ball over four times prior to the start of last nights' game, would any of you have given a plug nickel for their chances?

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and embarrassed themselves last night.      

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Great post...  Agree completely...  (in fact I just started another thread with similar thoughts before I saw this thread...). 

I just kept watching belichick.  He just keeps his focus the whole game and the team hung in til the end.  Brady too.   60 minutes.  Great effort. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

San Fran will not go to the SB - they struggled with St Louis.

They were extremely luck tonight.  Kaperdick will lose his 1st Playoff game.

extremely lucky my *&^%$....they played well-kaepernick was very good especially under the circumstances-try and give a little credit where it's due

exciting comeback though

the 49ers were very lucky, they deserved to win, but they were pretty damn lucky. the ball that barely missed ginn's leg, 4 fumbled snaps and not one resulted in a turnover.

Jints will never admit that. If he does, he has to admit the same about NY last NFCCG.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

SPARE ME!!! The above represents the latest propaganda from the Ostrich Society, to try to put a happy face on this awful loss.  To say that last nights' performance was highly disappointing is a gross understatement. The Pats got pushed around for 2.5 quarters. It was a reminder to all us Pats fans, and, especially for the homers who reside in the Ostrich Society, that the Pats have some holes, and have had problems in the past beating tough, physical teams. Last night was an introduction to the tough, physical football, which the Pats must deal with in the play-offs. One team wins by exerting it's will over another. The 49ers' "D" exerted their will over the Pats by forcing four turnovers. Two of which in particular set up easy TDs. In this was an indoctrination to tough, physical playoff football, younger players like Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen  wilted. 

This and other silly, pie in the sky threads about "how happy" and "how proud" Patriots' fans should be of their team after this performance is absurd. Sure, the Pats were able to erase a 31-3 lead. But, big deal! The Pats' allowed a visiting team to come into Foxborough in an important, nationally televised game, and physically dominate them. Dominate them to the point that, after 2.5 quarters, New England was losing, 31-3. Though the comeback was nice, it was made after the 49ers relaxed a bit, and went into a bit of a prevent mode. It was not based on the Patriots exerting their will, and taking command of the game.

This was a gut check for our Patriots. Unfortunately, as they have in the past against similar teams, such as the 2010 Jets, the 2009 and 2011 Ravens, and the 2007 and 2011 Giants, the Pats wilted under the pounding. They could not exert their will, which is demonstrated by doing whatever is necessary to beat these types of teams. Last night, they wilted again, by failing to execute crisply, and in committing four (4) costly turnovers. 

Folks, if someone had told any of you that the Patriots were going to turn the ball over four times prior to the start of last nights' game, would any of you have given a plug nickel for their chances?

Sorry you homers, but the Patriots were again exposed for the finesse team that they are...and embarrassed themselves last night.      

Youre a great Pats fan!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Texaspat...  Please just clam up a bit.   Your credibility is plummeting daily.  You're embarrassing yourself rather than pats.

You picked the giants yesterday...lol.... !   your jints team lost 34-0.....  explain that instead, oh wise one. I didn't even read your bold typed whiney post because I can predict exactly what is in it.

Just like your epic " pats are soft " thread.  Why don't you start a "jints are soft" one.  Might be more accurate.  

Sections
Shortcuts