So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB

Are any of the rest of you already sick and tired of hearing how the giants will win? Nobody is giving the Pats a chance outside of NE.

Everytime I turn on NFL network all I hear is about Eli and how the Giants are wining this game. Um ok. If the Patriots weren't good they wouldn't be where they are just as much as the Giants so why are all the analyst and many other channels I watch all picking NY.

What is even worse is I live in Indiana and NOT being a Colts fan you know they are all picking the Giants here. Mostly cause they hate NE for knocking Colts out of previous games but that is another story.

Just curious what people are saying where you guys live. Here it is all that the giants will win. BUT....I am hanging on to my Patriots wining and shoving it down all the analyst throats.

Thing is NE wins and they will all kiss up to them like they never picked against them from the start. NFL network, espn, etc, all disgusting.

Go NE. Show everyone your the BEST!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB

Well you have to figure most of the analysts are former players who were beat by the Pats or are former Giants players. Most of their views are skewed to begin with so I wouldn't put to much thought into what they say

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayban. Show jayban's posts

It gets into your head after awhile, though -- all the talk about the Giants' "momentum" and Eli being a better QB "at THIS time" and if Tom Brady doesn't win, will it impact his legacy, and on and on and on!  Nobody's giving NE a snowball's chance of winning, and when you hear it over and over and over again it's disheartening.  I hope the players find it more motivational than I do -- I would so LOVE to see a Pats SB win, especially against the Giants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"For the Super Bowl, most sports books have the Patriots as favorites with a spread of about 3 points, a markedly smaller line from the 12-point spread the Giants faced in the 2008 title game against New England. "

quote from the ny crimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/sports/football/on-a-futures-bet-las-vegas-loses-if-the-giants-win.html

WIN PATS!  Take care of business TB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

it is annoying but these seem to always be the games that the patriots win. i'm not going to watch anything on espn or listen to national talk radio because its all the same anti patriot drivel.. let them play, the patriots will win, and watch the "experts" back pedal..  

all of this b.s. makes it even more enjoyable when the patriots win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Remember prior to 2007 Superbowl nobody gave the giants a chance. Prior to 2001 superbowl nobody gave Pats a chance. Look what happened in those games. All this talk of Eli being better than Brady now is going to play into BB and the Pats hands. Brady will be a man on a mission.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

In Response to So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB:
    [QUOTE]Are any of the rest of you already sick and tired of hearing how the giants will win? Nobody is giving the Pats a chance outside of NE. Everytime I turn on NFL network all I hear is about Eli and how the Giants are wining this game. Um ok. If the Patriots weren't good they wouldn't be where they are just as much as the Giants so why are all the analyst and many other channels I watch all picking NY. What is even worse is I live in Indiana and NOT being a Colts fan you know they are all picking the Giants here. Mostly cause they hate NE for knocking Colts out of previous games but that is another story. Just curious what people are saying where you guys live. Here it is all that the giants will win. BUT....I am hanging on to my Patriots wining and shoving it down all the analyst throats. Thing is NE wins and they will all kiss up to them like they never picked against them from the start. NFL network, espn, etc, all disgusting. Go NE. Show everyone your the BEST!
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. We are all sick of hearing it. Even the local sports talk guys are saying Eli is a better QB right now and the Giants are going to win. Mostly it's just the homers who are saying the Patriots will win.

On the positive side, this is all working out for the best. The Patriots perform their best when they are the underdogs and getting no respect. Trust me Brady is reading all about it. He was tired of hearing about Tebow, now it's Eli.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Let the game be played.  Playing >Talking.  I don't even bother turning it on anymore.  I have Sirius, and the morning show is hosted by the Giants radio announcer, Bob Papa.  I can't even listen to it.  Normally, it's a Giant schmoozefest, but now its even worse.  All they get are angry Raven fans and Giant fans.  Until Super Bowl Sunday.  Then it will be over with.  I hope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"Are any of the rest of you already sick and tired of hearing how the giants will win?"

No, I couldn't think of anything better.  A weaker, less talented team and the media and their fans are grandstanding like bugs in front of a fly swatter.  This is the ideal situation to make the revenge all that much more enjoyable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Hey, the Pats play better when the other team gets all the attention(see Broncos game).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FebruaryGirl. Show FebruaryGirl's posts

I like Colin Cowherd; missed Monday's show but after Tuesday, felt it couldn't have been any better- his constant disbelief that Vegas favors Patriots over that other team; already heard ESPN and the NFL Network and a piece of Inside the NFL last night, and I'm done except HERE. I FIGHT FOR THE PATRIOTS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

As if Brady needs any more incentive! I'm sure he's already steaming from the loss in SB42, where he put the team in the lead with 3 minutes left and they couldn't hold it. And on a couple questionable calls and the once in a lifetime Tyree catch! There is a lot at stake for him. Matching Montana for SB wins, and surpassing him for postseason wins. Redeeming himself for the poor performance in the AFCCG. And proving that he's the better QB than any Manning. One other thing that bears mentioning, the last time he had a bad ankle. Twisted in the Chargers game he wasn't 100% in Arizona. You could see it in the movement in the pocket. Certainly the Giants defense is a force to be reckoned with. But their coverage in the mid range, especially against physical fast TEs is suspect. And, of course, the defense will need to step up. Cruz and Nicks are dangerous weapons, and Eli has gotten quite good at finding them. They will need to get a pass rush to make him uncomfortable. Indeed the play in the trenches will be critical. Both teams can put up 30 points without much effort. At least BB will NOT be wearing that stupid red hoodie again! I expect a close game. Let's just hope it's Brady who has the ball at the two minute warning this time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

NY squeezed by SF due to turnovers, NE beat Baltimore despite turnovers. I think GB, NO, SF or Detroit would have been a tougher match up for the Patriots than the Giants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Personally I like being the underdog.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Embrace it.  Hope and pray that every player on the team reads this with every paper they pick up, hears it every time they turn on the radio, and sees it every time they watch TV.  Hope that Brady frequently hears how Eli is playing better.

Disrespect has always worked out well for the Pats.  Let it continue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB:
    [QUOTE]Are any of the rest of you already sick and tired of hearing how the giants will win? Nobody is giving the Pats a chance outside of NE. Everytime I turn on NFL network all I hear is about Eli and how the Giants are wining this game. Um ok. If the Patriots weren't good they wouldn't be where they are just as much as the Giants so why are all the analyst and many other channels I watch all picking NY. What is even worse is I live in Indiana and NOT being a Colts fan you know they are all picking the Giants here. Mostly cause they hate NE for knocking Colts out of previous games but that is another story. Just curious what people are saying where you guys live. Here it is all that the giants will win. BUT....I am hanging on to my Patriots wining and shoving it down all the analyst throats. Thing is NE wins and they will all kiss up to them like they never picked against them from the start. NFL network, espn, etc, all disgusting. Go NE. Show everyone your the BEST!
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Look, think about it, based on the prevailing wisdom, all year long, the Packers are supposed to be in the Super Bowl, right?  But they aren't.  Some wag will now say the it was the Giants who eliminated them.

Anything can happen, that's why they actually play the games.  If fan opinions across the nation actually meant anything, then this would be over.  Those fan sentiments are driven by so many things, like unreasoning hate, the thought that we are cheaters, simple envy for all the winning for better than a decade now and likely to continue.

Can the Giants beat the PATS?  I think that's already established but it also history.  Bill Belichick will be keen to ensure a win and you can take that to the bank.  The Giants have beaten him twice now, third time might not be a charm for the Gmen.  Take heart and look forward to a competitive game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

The Giants are peaking at the right time, but so are the Pats. I always think the Pats are going to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's okay. In 2007 everybody picked us. That didn't work out that well.

Right now the Giants are very much overrated. That's the way football people are. Flavor of the month.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

sporter81--good idea. I think I will give that a try

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB:
    [QUOTE]NY squeezed by SF due to turnovers, NE beat Baltimore despite turnovers. I think GB, NO, SF or Detroit would have been a tougher match up for the Patriots than the Giants.
    Posted by Angel-of-Light[/QUOTE]

Being a 49er fan, Patriots too, I agree with you.

I can't believe that any true football Giant fan, despite being biased, wouldn't have said "Whew, we were lucky to beat SF" !!!

With first 21 years in Maine and last 45 in SF, I am a Boston teams fan first & SF teams fan 2nd. I would have been in a bit of a quandary watching SF vs Patriots but as a long time Sox fan, Yankee hater, the coming game between Boston & NY(Jets and Patriots too is a good rivalry) and I'm desperate for Patriots to get revenge for themselves losing an undefeated season after 16 wins in Super Bowl a few years back and also get revenge for the 49ers.

The Patriots need not concern themselves with the run but must blitz often to presssure Manning. He does not liked to be sacked so rather will toss the ball up for grabs. Read below:

While waiting until 12:30 am PCT to watch the Nadal-Federer tennis match, I saw NFL playoff game at 10:00 pm.  It was a re:broadcast of the Giants-49ers game.  AM I A MASOCHIST….YES I watched it !!!   I know I’m prejudiced but it reconfirmed my opinion that the 49ers outplayed the Giants. San Francisco’s defense brutalized Eli Manning , hitting him 21 times and sacking him six times. It was a marvelous defensive effort that should’ve combined with two big plays from tight end Vernon Davis to put San Francisco back in the Super Bowl.  Believe me, the better team did not win.  The Giants were lucky !!!  With the score tied with about 2 minutes to go there was an uncalled fumble by Giants’ Ahmad Bradshaw as he was artfully stripped of the ball while still upright.   The officials declined to review the play and refused to let coach Jim Harbaugh challenge the call because a forward progress judgment cannot be overturned by replay.  SF would have had the ball on the NY 20 yard line and could have milked the clock to score a TD or kick a field goal and even if there was time left, NY would have used all its timeouts.

But prior to this,  a near interception knocked out a 49ers by his own team mate.  Either player could have had the ball but they didn’t see each other. SF was so good they had 2 defenders on a Giant receiver. Alas, just one would have intercepted. This also happened on another play when 2 SF players bumped each other preventing an interception.  Uncanny that the 49ers led the NFL in turnover ratio and their special teams did not give up the ball once in any of their 17 other games and the bad luck that SF needed to use a Kyle Williams because of a knee injury to our premier return man, Ted Ginn.  And on the first turnover to have the ball take a bounce that nicks his knee by 1/2 inch.  On this turnover, the Giants got a TD and on the other turnover in OT they got a field goal…these were the only points they scored in 2nd half accentuating the fact that 49er defense was terrific.  And, they were given the ball on SF’s 20 yard line both times !!! Was there skill in the fluke bounce hitting his knee...give me a break !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Keep the faith. It won't be long my friend. Patriots will win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: So sick of hearing that the Giants will win SB:
    [QUOTE]Remember prior to 2007 Superbowl nobody gave the giants a chance. Prior to 2001 superbowl nobody gave Pats a chance. Look what happened in those games. All this talk of Eli being better than Brady now is going to play into BB and the Pats hands. Brady will be a man on a mission.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I am also sick of hearing about how great the Giants are.  Brady and any players that were on the team that lost to the Giants should be seeking revenge for that loss.  I expect Brady to have a great game, although, I am sure that it will be a close game. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Honestly, I love it. I get all this crap from my buddies who are all Anti-Pats which makes it even sweeter when the Pats come out on top.

I know all the media talking heads are all picking the Gints, but does this not show the bias against the Pats considering the spread is 3.5 favoring the Pats. I mean if you were to turn on ESPN or listen to any sports talk out of NE, you'd think the Pats backed into the playoffs and the Giants are undefeated. LOL I don't get it.

But how awesome will it be when the Pats do come out on top? I can't wait to hear the excuses from the likes of Schlereth, Carter, Faulk, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

The Giants put the Patriots in their place in Supe 42, again in Foxboro Stadium in the regular season this year, and will do so again next Sunday.