So... Suprised by Patriots 4 games in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

So... Suprised by Patriots 4 games in?

I expected we would be no worse then 3-1 at this point but I also figured the loss would not be to Buffalo, more likely San Diego. So here is the question I pose this week...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: So... Suprised by Patriots 4 games in?

I chose Worse not by their record because I figured 4-0, 3-1 at worst so that is fine but their offense has been as good as I figured and their defense has been far worse then I thought it would be. I am still of the opinion they can improve defensively if they can withstand the injuries and youngsters come along as well as at least one of the defensive Line steps it up to go along with Big Vince. If Ellis or Haynesworth become a presence the rest will take care of itself.
    I am still on pace for my12-4, 13-3 prediction. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll say worse simply because they abandoned the youth movement to make the defense better . . .   and the defense isn't better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gotta be worse so far just because I really thought the defense would be making major strides, especially with the schedule of playing 2 terrible Qbs, 1 rising QB, and 1 overrated QB=Rivers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

DEFENSE.  Far worse than what they were showing in the pre-season as it has not translated into the regular season.  Secondly, injuries are mounting up..  as it seems to be the pattern for this team year in and year out.  Don't we wish they be as healthy as the Packers are right now? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Surprised:
    -Mayo has often been out of position and I think his play is down from last year( so far)
    -Mcourtey has been beaten often to the point of getting picked on.
    -Vereen has not seen the field. I only saw him once but his speed was extremely noticable compared to the other backs
    -Vollmers injury. Saw no indication of injury in my preseason attendance
    -Connelly has been excellent at C
    -BB's roster management at cut down time
    Not surprised:
    -Chad Johnson. 
    -Lack of pass rush. I saw no evidence from Carter or Ellis in their past that they would be any answer to a pass rush 
    -Price cannot get on the field
    -Slaters special team play forces him onto the game day 45

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I thought the D would be better. Not great but at least slightly better then average and they have some work to do. But, considering the switch in schemes, injures, and shortened pre-season I fully expect them to improve.

I didn't think the O would fire on all cylinders out of the gate like it has. Ridley is showing real promise, Woodhead and BJGE don't look like they lost a step from last season, Gronk has only gotten better, and Welker is unstoppable even though everyone knows Welker is the target.

I expect the O to slow down a bit and the D to improve so average it out and they are what I thought they were, a 13-3 team that can improve as the season moves along

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting looking at the results here as we enter the bye week. I think the defense is beginning to come around and it reminds me of 2001 when they gave up huge amounts of yards but didn't allow a lot of scoring.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: So... Suprised by Patriots 4 games in?:
    [QUOTE]This road game with the Steelers, will tell me more about our Defense.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I have the Patriots about 7 points up with the Steelers road game.  Barely beating Jacksonville is not a good sign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the defense might be turning out to be what we thought it would be to begin with- and then it was so awful it looked like irrational exuberance- the shitpackers are going to lose in the super duper bowl to the patriots

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yes surprised we lost to the Bills. We'll go 15-1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

The Dl is the key to this defense.  It HAS to collapse the pocket from the middle out, and it has to be tough on the run.  With Mayo, and albert rounding into shape, and carter, anderson, and ellis starting to learn the D the production curve might very well show a steep increase.  Lets hope so, as the LB's and DB's are good enough, but not the star of this D.  The star has to be the front 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought the defense would be better, but injuries have kept that from happening. I think they'll get better at that spot, but to be good enough to win games when they matter - the playoffs, in the cold - a few things will need to happen...Haynesworth will need to stay healthy, Fletcher will need to get better, Bodden will have to get healthy (same for Dawling), either Cunningham or Anderson will have to provide something consistant opposite Carter and they can't sustain anymore injuries!! Christ we've had enough (Pryor, Wright).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

their average for the last10 years is 1 loss in every 4 games

at 6-1 it appears that they're right on course or better

with a little luck they end at least 13 and 3

with a little bad  they will end up 11 and 5

they are now in the play-offs.....looking for that seed.

that's on a ten year average

its more likely that they'll end up 13 plus then 11 and 5

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not surprised, though I mean that in mostly a good way. I don't see a championship caliber team on either side of the ball - yet. But, that's ok, champsionships aren't at stake yet. The offense is closer than the D. But, overall definitely happy with where we are at. 

I'm more surprised by Buffalo, not just that they are in second but that they look fairly legit. I also though the Jets would be a bit better so I was wrong on both counts there.

Sections
Shortcuts