so teams can meet with officials before games and point out rule infractions of the opposing team?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: so teams can meet with officials before games and point out rule infractions of the opposing team?!?

Meadow, r u an adult ? u guys 1  and u r going round the clock defending the call like it is of import when  even the locals r losing interest man continue if u are that  concerned .  u guys aint winning Super Bowl and without  trades we aint either  so mayb u no the phrase about getting a life cause u guys suck as much as we do-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: so teams can meet with officials before games and point out rule infractions of the opposing team?!?

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

dirty uncle must be 60 plus , hottie young men don't make blond jokes!!

26, how old are you?  Apparently you don't talk to hottie young men.  You must be a cougar.  Or are you older than a cougar and considered a "mature" woman?

26?? ha ha Uncle rico  i don't get it please explain, what does uncle rico  mean,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Breer of NFL just reported that the jets reviewed tapes of the Patriots games and pointed out to the officials of the game the infractions the Patriots were making and what to look out for during the game..  Is this for real-- is this cheating, I mean I can't even get my mind around this.  Do all teams do this---do the Patriots do this??   does the NFL approve this.  isn't it up to the officials to figure this out and not rely on tattle tale teams to make their job easier.  apparently the ruling on the field goal attempt was one of the points made by the jets.

Which is why the Jets went for a 56 yd attempt as they knew it was in the bag.

No way a game should be affected by such BS...call that stuff in the first quarter if you want to make a point.

I never thought of it that way.  Rex knew that after the Patriots cheated and didn't get caught against the Saints and cheated and were warned earlier in the game that the Pats would not be able to stop themselves from doing it again.  Wow! That is just fantastic coaching by Rex.

so i guess you have a big high one because your pathetic team finally won a game and cheated while doing it.

Cheated?  how so?  You do know that it was the Pats who got caught breaking the rules again, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

dirty uncle must be 60 plus , hottie young men don't make blond jokes!!

26, how old are you?  Apparently you don't talk to hottie young men.  You must be a cougar.  Or are you older than a cougar and considered a "mature" woman?

26?? ha ha Uncle rico  i don't get it please explain, what does uncle rico  mean,

Apparently you are too old to have watched the movie. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Breer of NFL just reported that the jets reviewed tapes of the Patriots games and pointed out to the officials of the game the infractions the Patriots were making and what to look out for during the game..  Is this for real-- is this cheating, I mean I can't even get my mind around this.  Do all teams do this---do the Patriots do this??   does the NFL approve this.  isn't it up to the officials to figure this out and not rely on tattle tale teams to make their job easier.  apparently the ruling on the field goal attempt was one of the points made by the jets.

Sure, it's fair.  If we were watching tape of them and noticed one of their O linemen holding a lot, a good coach would approach one of the refs and point it out prior to the kick off.  I see no difference with what the jets did.  It was a good move by the jets.

please read what i said BEFORE the game they met with the officials they pointed it out,, during the game is different, the jets knew this would happen, thats why they went for than field goad.

You don't make it clear how far before the game you are talking about.  Before kickoff?  Did they sit down and have a cup of coffee and rex pulled out the laptop with the video.  Maybe you should explain yourself better.

how the hell do I kno maybe you should tun into the NFL network and figure it out for yourself dirty uncle i'm just commenting on breer's report.

I don't get you.  I said it's pretty common to talk to the refs before kickoff and ask them to keep an eye on something you noticed looking at film.

You came back and said "please read what i said BEFORE the game they met with the officials they pointed it out,, during the game is different, the jets knew this would happen, thats why they went for than field goad."

I never said during the game, I said before kick off.  But then asked you if you meant did they have a sit down meeting before the game took place.  Now you say "how the hell do I kno"

Well what are you saying exactly?  If you don't know what you are saying then why are you even saying anything?

You are a blond, right?

Two girls walking down the street, one girl says look at that dead bird.  Blond girl looks up into the sky.  Laughing

was it the blond girl from the video?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

If this supposed rule infraction actually had something to do with the kick being missed I could see the call.

It's not like Gronk wasn't getting mugged all day either.

Sounds like you think that the outcome of a play should determine if a flag is thrown.  Is that right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Can you please tell me what we are supposed to see here?  If we are looking for a jet player pushing another jet player then I really do not see it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

its kinda weird, meadow, cause u win, but somehow u lose anyhow, go figure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

This is news?? Where were you in 2004-2007 when Polian and Dungy were crying to league and instructing refs prior to every game? You dont remember every time colts were losing they just threw long downfield and reciever would flop on ground or jump on defender for an automatic PI call?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

I hate the Jets. If true- Resorting to tattletale before a game is pathetic.  Robbie propbably coached Rexy on this one. Let your play do the talking.

I wonder if being a tattletale is against the rules.  If it is, Belichick should definately report them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

I hate the Jets. If true- Resorting to tattletale before a game is pathetic.  Robbie propbably coached Rexy on this one. Let your play do the talking.

And if BB did it ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No way a game should be affected by such BS...call that stuff in the first quarter if you want to make a point.

I never thought of it that way.  Rex knew that after the Patriots cheated and didn't get caught against the Saints and cheated and were warned earlier in the game that the Pats would not be able to stop themselves from doing it again.  Wow! That is just fantastic coaching by Rex.

so i guess you have a big high one because your pathetic team finally won a game and cheated while doing it.

How, exactly, is this cheating?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

What is disturbing isn't the rule or the fact should be called. What is disturbing is that the refs were supposedly warned about this prior to the game. Yet it happened multiple times during the game by both teams yet they chose to throw a flag on a 56 yard deciding FG attempt.

It is also disturbing that this was a new rule implemented at the beggining of the year and emphasized in training camp yet in over 400 plus FG attempts and PAT's it wasn't called once until  week 7 of an overtime game.

No doubt; this should have never been called. The time to set a prcedent would be earlier in the game, if/when it happens; otherwise, don't call it later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

After walking out of Met Life hearing the Jets fans chanting yesterday....  J.....E.....T....S..... ETC......I was tempted to congratulate them on winning the Super Bowl.....But I didn't...... because I would have feared for my safety

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Threatening the refs after calling the league office earlier in the week, trying to alter the outcome of the game, could be seen as trying to cheat.

I guess that wall they put up a couple years ago with that Sal Alosi guy who was fired and scapegoated out the door may not be seen as cheating, but it also could be.

Attempting to injure other teams' players by sticking your legs out on the sidelines, is pretty bad.

Those other examples, yes. But threatening the refs? How do you know this? I would think that type of behavior is a suspendable offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Great. You won your SB yesterday. Now move along now magic mike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Threatening the refs after calling the league office earlier in the week, trying to alter the outcome of the game, could be seen as trying to cheat.

I guess that wall they put up a couple years ago with that Sal Alosi guy who was fired and scapegoated out the door may not be seen as cheating, but it also could be.

Attempting to injure other teams' players by sticking your legs out on the sidelines, is pretty bad.

Those other examples, yes. But threatening the refs? How do you know this? I would think that type of behavior is a suspendable offense.

Apparently, NFL Network just reported it.  

Also, Willie Colon is apparently lying about the NE FG unit "being warned", as suspected:

@jeffphowe Multiple Patriots on FG team told me officials did not warn them earlier in the game about pushing.

I don't get it; all this must have happened with fantastic split second timing with respect to the forum and the network. And if that's the case (threatening the refs), that's unacceptable, cheating, if you will. However, I shall check the story myself before sticking to this conclusion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Nothing yet, except the story that came out at 4 PM that the Jets warned the refs about this tactic used by the PATs, and which I suspect was tipped off by Sexy Rexy's twin. I'll check later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Nothing yet, except the story that came out at 4 PM that the Jets warned the refs about this tactic used by the PATs, and which I suspect was tipped off by Sexy Rexy's twin. I'll check later.

Yes, speculation is Rob Ryan mentioned it, Rex looked at the tape, called league offices, the memo was sent out to all refs, with the league wanting it now called.

The suspicion lies with the wondering why on earth the league would not remind all teams it included DL as well as second level players, when the original rule mentioned only the second level players.

What's this stuff about second level players? Did they remind any teams not to hit players out of bounds last week?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Albert Breer is now reporting that it was actually the Dolphins who reported this violation to the league in week 5 after the Ravens did a similar thing against their field goal unit.  The league then made it a point of emphasis.  

From Breer's article on NFL.com:

Two weeks ago, a similar situation unfolded at the end of the Ravens' win over the Dolphins in Week 5. Miami rookie Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard bid at a game-tying field goal at the end of his team's 26-23 loss, and on the play, Baltimore executed a similar push to one called on Patriots rookie Chris Jones on Sunday. The Dolphins turned the tape into the NFL, which, according to two sources familiar with the situation, conceded that the correct call was missed.

The sources said the league told Miami it would be a point of emphasis going forward, and VP of officiating Dean Blandino sent a training video out, while explaining that game officials would be keeping an eye out for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes, speculation is Rob Ryan mentioned it, Rex looked at the tape, called league offices, the memo was sent out to all refs, with the league wanting it now called.

The suspicion lies with the wondering why on earth the league would not remind all teams it included DL as well as second level players, when the original rule mentioned only the second level players.

They picked a h-ell of a time to call it. My feeling is, if they didn't call it all game, they should have kept the flag in their pockets. 

Regardless, I don't think the Jets cheated with respect to this call, until shown otherwise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

It's amazing that this penalty wasn't called once in 7 weeks if it was such an issue. I'll say it again the call was correct by the definition of the rule but the 1st time it gets called is in OT of week 7?

They had over 400 plus FG attempts and Pat"s to make their point and they choose a 56 YD fg attempt in OT to throw a flag?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They picked a h-ell of a time to call it. My feeling is, if they didn't call it all game, they should have kept the flag in their pockets. 

Regardless, I don't think the Jets cheated with respect to this call, until shown otherwise.

This has nothing to do with the Jet's cheating it's all about the officials and the timing of the penalty. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Albert Breer is now reporting that it was actually the Dolphins who reported this violation to the league in week 5 after the Ravens did a similar thing against their field goal unit.  The league then made it a point of emphasis.  

From Breer's article on NFL.com:

Two weeks ago, a similar situation unfolded at the end of the Ravens' win over the Dolphins in Week 5. Miami rookie Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard bid at a game-tying field goal at the end of his team's 26-23 loss, and on the play, Baltimore executed a similar push to one called on Patriots rookie Chris Jones on Sunday. The Dolphins turned the tape into the NFL, which, according to two sources familiar with the situation, conceded that the correct call was missed.

The sources said the league told Miami it would be a point of emphasis going forward, and VP of officiating Dean Blandino sent a training video out, while explaining that game officials would be keeping an eye out for it.

Interesting. So, it's not just the Pats who are confused which rule is being used in the league.

That's one more example, with likely many others to be found, so you have to wonder why this would be called in OT and not before. Hmmm. Why weren't the refs aware of their own rules they need to enforce?  Hmm.

Was this called in OT on a 4th down FG attempt by chance? LMAO

This is where you lose credibility, as if I didn't know before.

Sections
Shortcuts