So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible

How do you think the patriots stack up against them? What team on the pack's schedule poses the greatest challenge?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible

Packers (and Saints) are about the only teams who can keep up with us in a shootout. But I would say our offense is the best of the three because we have an effective running game.

People look at the Packers and Saints, and they think "Oh, Rodgers and Brees won the Super Bowl just throwing all over defenses."

That's not accurate. Remember that Packers barely made the playoffs last year. The reason behind their spectacular playoffs run was because they found a good running game during the playoffs behind James Starks.

The Saints won the Super Bowl in '09 because they had an effective run game. The following season, they lost to Seattle in the wild card round. The difference: Saints couldn't run the ball effectively in '10.

WIth the offense that we have, all we need is some more improvement on defense and I think we stand a great chance against anybody.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They're the same team. Score a lot but weak defense. Hopefully the last 2 weeks defensive performance is more indicative of what we will see the rest of the season from the Pats. The Pack has an exceptionally easy schedule, they may only play 2-3 teams who are going to the playoffs. SD, Detroit, and NO. But they have beaten the teams they have played and have the best record and just won a SB. They deserve the hype they're getting but hype doesn't win you anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Detroit's going to beat them.  I think they'll split the two games they play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They are 6 - 0, barely challenged, if at all, Rodgers is playing lights out, the team is healthy and their schedule is cup cake.  What is there not to like?  If everyone recalls, in 2007, all we heard was how many teams were in the way of the Pats to get to an undefeated season.. will we hear the same?  Imagine if the Pats had this type of schedule?  Games at Detroit and San Diego seem to be the greatest bumps in the road, possibly the game @ Giants.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

I feel like this year is the first year in a while where we are flying relatively low under the radar. NFL headlines:

1) Aaron Rodgers is unbeatable;
    2) Tim Tebow is Jesus himself;
    3) Rex Ryan has a big mouth;
    4) Brady's good, but the Pats defense sucks

I'll take it, all the way to the SB. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I suspect San Dago will bonk Green Bay at home, but beyond that, there's nobody on the Packers' schedule. That's good in terms of getting home-field advantage for the playoffs, which is especially true of Green Bay, whose chief competition is a dome team that won't even show up in January on the tundra. Of course, it's also bad when you consider that beating up your little sister is probably not the best way to train for the heavyweight championship.

I don't really see anyone in the NFC challenging the Pakcers, which as I say, is good news for the Patriots . . .  or Baltimore, if the unthinkable happens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

they are very good but other than playing the saints at home they have had a very easy schedule. they should have home field to the superbowl. the patriots offense is just as good, maybe even better when they run the ball and the defense is improving each week. the superbowl is a long way away and things could change but if they do meet up it would be a great matchup. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

As many times as the Pats have played in the SB it will be a home field advantage. I wonder where the Colts will hang their 0-16 perfect season banner?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible:
    [QUOTE]As many times as the Pats have played in the SB it will be a home field advantage. I wonder where the Colts will hang their 0-16 perfect season banner?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Simply hilarious.

I see a Posie in your future.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible:
    [QUOTE]"0-16 'Participant'" lol!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Oh . . .  that's even better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Packers are not perfect but will get the Las Vegas nod
    Over everyone.

With Haynesworth and Wilfork coming up the middle and our
    Dline getting depth -Our D just has to keep progressing and it will
    People will look at all the stats and make the easy but incorrect
    bet- the Pats cannot get into the top 10 in D for the total year-
    But we can be a very good D by the end of the year

GB has holes -and i believe they have a 5th round draft pick on the
    Oline now.

But any team with a top QB like Rogers will always make us sweat-
    And any team with a Top 4 man rush will make it tough on us - We
    just cannot make any mistakes. I believe that if we have no turnovers
    we will win almost every time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"They're the same team. Score a lot but weak defense."

Umm Green Bay's defense has played much better than ours to this point. If you need some stats I can pull them out for you. Right now they are the better team, though not by a wide margin. But: come playoff time that tune could change, especially if Big Albert continues to progress on the d-line. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]" They're the same team. Score a lot but weak defense." Umm Green Bay's defense has played much better than ours to this point. If you need some stats I can pull them out for you. Right now they are the better team, though not by a wide margin. But: come playoff time that tune could change, especially if Big Albert continues to progress on the d-line. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Umm...OK Here's those stats Packers- 26th in yards, 8th in points Patriots- 32nd in yards, 14th in points I guess your definition of much better is different than mine. Especially considering they have only played one team with a winning record.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to So the media has been saying that the packers are infallible:
    [QUOTE]How do you think the patriots stack up against them? What team on the pack's schedule poses the greatest challenge?
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

lose at SD, NYG, Det, KC, and probably a home game to Oak or Tampa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

there closest game was a win by a touchdown... I don't see them losing to many games this year. They will blow out SD after that bye week, and I really don't see them losing to Oakland, Tampa, or the Giants. They might lose at Detroit though. But I can see GB going 14-2 or even 15-1, and I see the pats going 14-2 or 13-3. The pats still have to go through Pit, Jets, and Phi all on the road. While GB's hardest game is one away game at Detroit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]there closest game was a win by a touchdown... I don't see them losing to many games this year. They will blow out SD after that bye week, and I really don't see them losing to Oakland, Tampa, or the Giants. They might lose at Detroit though. But I can see GB going 14-2 or even 15-1, and I see the pats going 14-2 or 13-3. The pats still have to go through Pit, Jets, and Phi all on the road. While GB's hardest game is one away game at Detroit.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

I don't see them beating SD. Heck who knows, maybe Minn might put a beat down on them this weekend

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]As many times as the Pats have played in the SB it will be a home field advantage. I wonder where the Colts will hang their 0-16 perfect season banner?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

If the Colts are 0-15 How much you wanna bet Caldwell tanks the last game and lets Manning play? He'll show them whose thinking outside the box.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We looked infallible in 2007 until late in the year. Teams get onto a groove and that doesn't last forever.

The Packers consistently messed games up last year in their ride to a 10-6 record. Come playoff time they had it all together. Things can change in a matter of weeks in this league.

And playing a cupcake schedule which piles up a ton of wins isn't the best formula to have a team ready for the real deal at playoff time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

they blew out the 0-6 rams and the equally sad broncos. they were lucky to beat the saints and the panthers. 

the packers are very good but imo not as good as the media portrays them to be. i'd bet on the patriots if they were to meet in the superbowl, the improving defense will hold them dowm and with the right game plan the patriots should score at will. its still a long way to go though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't think the Packers were the best team in the NFL last season and they won the SB.  They are a lot better this year then last year, they do look very tough.  I don't see the Lions beating them or anyone else on their schedule.

Just imagine if the Packers go undefeated to the SB and they face the Patriots in the SB, how awesome would that be.  It would be huge! all the story lines for that game would be awesome!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

When the Pats made their almost perfect season run to the SB versus the Jints, almost everyone thought they were unbeatable too......like Kraft said, sometimes you need to stay humble...the Pack might well find that out too this year.