So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?

after this offensive performance- nevermore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?

The offense stinks apparently, but they did beat the stoolers pretty good on opening day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are talking about the "best" rated defense against the "worst" rated offense in the NFL.  So, the Raven's D isn't really being challenged.  On the other hand, the Raven's offense is rather enemic against a fairly good D.  The Pats may do quite well against the Ravens. This Ravens team, if it goes fat at all, will be like the 2000 SB winner, all defense and no offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Didn't people say this about the Jets' offense last season ... right before they scored 28 against NE?

The Ravens are just playing flat ... don't kid yourself, they are a quality team that is something to be reckoned with by NE in the playoffs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sorry 666 I just started a similar thread without looking to see that you had already.  Guess great minds think alike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Jags new QB looks like their old QB that looked like S***

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?:
    [QUOTE]Didn't people say this about the Jets' offense last season ... right before they scored 28 against NE? The Ravens are just playing flat ... don't kid yourself, they are a quality team that is something to be reckoned with by NE in the playoffs. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

+1

trap games don't make them any less talented, and they'll be extra-pumped up to play the Patriots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I believe in offering respect to teams that have recently beaten us in the playoffs until we return the favor. I personally don't think Pats fans are in any position to gloat until we figure out how to advance out of the first round of the playoffs again...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Every time they Gruden or Jaws showed the Balt receivers vs Jags corners, they were COVERED.... COMPLETELY. If you can cover like that, you can make good teams look bad. NE doesn't play that way. I don't know if they can't or just don't for whatever reason, but NE gives cushions. Jags were giving NOTHING

Ravens are definitely a good team, the Jags D just played a great game all around

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?:
    [QUOTE]I believe in offering respect to teams that have recently beaten us in the playoffs until we return the favor. I personally don't think Pats fans are in any position to gloat until we figure out how to advance out of the first round of the playoffs again...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i dont think pats or the pats fans are in a position to gloat till we win another championship (then again, a pats player gloating? not too frequent. anyone gloating, not very attractive).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't people say this about the Jets' offense last season ... right before they scored 28 against NE? The Ravens are just playing flat ... don't kid yourself, they are a quality team that is something to be reckoned with by NE in the playoffs. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed with zbellino as well as Nick, on their takes here...  And admittedly, Yes- I didn't even watch a single minute of this game lol, Yet here's my quick take on 2011 Baltimore, thus far:

First, Ravens Defense is nasty...downright nasty.  So obvious, we don't even have to bother discussing Ravens D, right?  When you're anywhere & everywhere in The top 5, in every single one of the 8 or more Team Defense categories (5th best, right on down to #1), It usually means you sorta have a slightly semi-alright Defense.  And we ALL know the long-held NFL mantra:  Defense wins in the playoffs... 

-that is, unless-
    (the oft omitted)...

: Your Offense REALLY scr#ws things up.
    So the pressing question IS The Ravens O (duh, right?).  My take here is simple: 

Look, Joe Flacco really ISN'T the greatest QB on earth...But year after year, EVERY year, He looks better and better. 
    And I'll tell ya straight-up: As it has stood in every year minus his rook season, IF you give me Joe Flacco The 2011 Ravens just exceptionally good Defense (even for their high D standards) + A Running Game consisting of Ray Rice AND Ricky Williams (yes, even the 2011 "Ricky") + A receiving corp of Anquan Boldin (in his 2nd, sure to be more comfortable year knowing Balt's system/players), And U of Maryland's lil' lightning bolt burner Baltimore just drafted-Torrey Smith (this rookie wideout is already lookin' REAL good...alot of us draftnuts liked what we saw from his collegiate vids), And 2 really young and so obviously thus far, Underrated 2nd year pass-catching TEs, in Dennis Pitta & Ed Dickson, And added to all this- the fact that ANY-one can make an argument for Balt's Ray Rice, as THE #1 best pass-catching RB in the league (as of today)...

-You give me THIS Offensive weapons to work with, and even just an "average", or "just above average"-Ravens QB in Joe Flacco, well...Flacco is in ZERO way, shape, or form, anywhere NEAR bad enough, to mess this thing up.

Q:  So WhatInTH is goin' on then, In Baltimore's just mediocre Offense?  
    A:  Imho...?  The Coaches.  They got the players.  Honestly, what's the counter?  After Flacco, Just Ricky Williams maybe?  Look, say what'cha will about Ricky Williams in his 2nd stint with the league, but even with less carries, He is just SO consistant in yard average, every year (moreso than even Ray Rice, consistancy-wise).  

To put it simply:  It's the Coach (Offense).  WhoeverTH is calling the plays, Has ZERO patience.  Hmm, no...that sounds too positive.  The O Coach doesn't even give these guys half a chance to find ANY rthym, at all.  Hey, someone on here stated, "Jax's CBs were just ALL over Baltimore's wideouts!"  Ah yea, that's gonna happen IF you've attempted a total of 12 running plays in the entire game.  Was the running game there early on...?  Again, I didn't watch...but the stats say= N-O.  But 12 attempts?!?!  You're not even giving it a CHANCE to establish itself!  

I'll say, this is what I've seen, the games I HAVE watched 2011 Ravens Offense:  IF the running game looks good, they CONSIDERABLY short-change the passing aspect.  And vice-versa.  Next game?  O.k., Seeing as though the running aspect of our Offense (or passing), worked better than the other in last week's game, We'll start the game COMPLETELY over-reliant on the 1 which worked last week.  If it succeeds (say, running the football good this, the following week), We'll 100% short-change the passing attack once again.  But...  IF it falters (what looked good the previous week- again say, the running game<or even a specific back />), THEN we'll entirely abandon this aspect as much as humanly possible, giving it ZERO chance to establish itself...at all.  No chance for rhythm, No chance for consistancy, Showing a far too quick and per week, faltering belief in the in players accounting for the passing game/guys in the running game, And your Offense becomes exceptionally 1 dimensional, in far too many instances, and for far too long.

Anyway, who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong...but that's what I'm seein'.  Baltimore got away with doing this in past weeks, when either The singular running game (or player) stepped up and made good (or "good enough"), And/Or when The singular passing attack stepped up and made good (again, or "good enough").  This game?  12 attempts to run...  Alright, we'll just throw the ball then...(Eh, didn't gameplan for a situation in which the 1 side of your Offense that you much too quickly banked on & decided was the only one you were going to rely on, would actually fall short itself).                              

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Simply makes the point that no game in the NFL is a gimme.  Jax 1-5 going in, Balt 5-1.  Balt 10 penalties,  146 yds total offense, 2 turnovers, 7 points.  Allowed Jax 132 rushing yards.  Stats don't always tell the tale but in this case that adds up to a Ravens loss.

Totally agree that Ravens came in flat and clearly not ready to play.  Still one of the better teams in the AFC and should not be taken lightly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

This was only one game fellas... Ravens are a lot better then they played last night. 
    Lets not forget the Pats losing to the Browns last year.... its the NFL, it happens.

Steelers coming up! Both teams sitting atop the AFC with 5 wins... should be a great game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

you are right but the pats have never ever looked as bad as the ravens looked tonight- that must count for something

[QUOTE]This was only one game fellas... Ravens are a lot better then they played last night.  Lets not forget the Pats losing to the Browns last year.... its the NFL, it happens. Steelers coming up! Both teams sitting atop the AFC with 5 wins... should be a great game.
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Ravens still have the great inside pass rush that killed us last time. However our run defence is much better. . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ravens didnt look good and maybe Flacco is missing D.Mason, but the Jag's have a top notch defense they improved thru free agency and that is the reason the Ravens looks so bad. 

2 things.

Our defense is not quite on that level yet

Our offense has always had problems with the Ravens defense because we are one dimensional and cant run on them

So I wouldnt bury the Ravens yet.  They most likely overlooked the Jag's and paid for it.  They will look like gangbusters next week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

They have one of the most complete teams in the league, from top to bottom.  They have question marks like everyone else - their road-grater offensive linemen aren't the greatest pass blockers and everyone in their secondary not named Ed Reed can be had.  But their front seven on defense is unrivaled in football outside of Pittsburgh, they have an elite RB, a good change of pace RB, a great possession receiver, a good speed merchant receiver to stretch the field, an up-and-coming pass-catching tight end in Dickson, and a super-mammoth offensive line.  Their special teams are pretty good, too - they have that kicker who led the legaue in touchbacks back when the ball was spotted at the 30-yard-line and last year's Pro Bowl alternate punter.

My take on the Ravens, even though I haven't seen a good team do it yet in a non-trap game:
    Don't let the Ravens establish Ray Rice.  Stop Rice at all costs because the offense runs through Rice on cutback runs and short passes.  Boldin is priority #2.  Spread the field to get to their sub-packages, then capitalize on short passes away from Ed Reed.  Don't give anything away to Reed pre-snap.  Use the short pass to set up the deep ball and the run.  Ground yards can be had, but they're tough to come by, so I'd only run enough to keep them honest.  I wonder if Flacco can play from behind. 

Side note:
    Flacco kinda reminds me of a rich man's Mark Sanchez... has bursts where he shows his talent, but otherwise inconsistent and limited.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's a long season.  Let's not mock them too fast.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Flacco plays atrocious every other game. Without homefield they have no shot at getting to the SB. There is zero chance Flacco can win 3 games in a row against AFC playoff teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to So this is the mighty ravens we are supposed to be afraid of?:
    [QUOTE]after this offensive performance- nevermore
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]
    Jags defenders blanket covered every receiver the Raves through at them. Pretty go D. Don't see Pats secondary cover that way. Just my opine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

People are overreacting to this game.  The key to beating the Ravens is not turning the ball over and containing Ray Rice just as it's always been for the past few years.  If you do that their offense struggles to score consistently and your job against their defense is easier.  The Jags only scored 12 points so it's not like Baltimore's D didn't come to play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Our offense isn't going to hang 30+ on the Balt D.  If we meet them in the playoffs, that game would be decided by how well our D plays, and how well, or not, their O plays.

25. This post has been removed.