So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way

I dont know about you all but I am so sick and tired of these two bit hacks that call themselves sportswriters taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriots way of doing things. Yesterday it was noted plagariser Ron Borges and today it was his "curly headed boyfriend" (per Carl Everett) Shanks Shaughnessy taking cheap shots at BB for trading for Haynesworth. I know we take pride in doing things the Patriot way, but I dont think anybody but these hacks have stated or insinuated that New England will only sign, draft, or employ squeaky clean model citizens. BB has frequently taken on "troubled" players giving them another chance (Dillon, Moss, ect.) Once they are in New England, then they have to be on their best behavior and conform to the Patriot way, which is to put team first, be a good citizen, active in the community, and above all else do not bring discredit upon the organization. Yes we drafted and cut Christian Peter because Mrs Kraft did not want a woman beater on the team, fair enough. But lets look at these holier than thou hacks that take cheap shots at BB (at least til the mods remove this thread):

Ron Borges- On March 5, 2007 Borges was suspended for plagiarism by the Globe, for plagarising an article written by Mike Sando of the Tacoma News tribune.  Borges routinely severely criticizes BB because Borges relied on former quarterback Drew Bledsoe (benched then traded by BB) as his primary source of Patriots information, a spigot of onfo that BB shut off. Oh yeah dont forget the best of all, this tough guy hack was involved in a VERBAL argument with NY Times wroter Michael Katz, who was described as "a short, fat man in his 60s who walks with a cane and wears a neck brace because of chronic back problems" when Hack Borges threw a sucker punch at the old man!! Your a real tough guy hack Borges! Now keep hiding behind your keyboard!

Shanks Shaughnessy- This guy is Ochocinco to Borges' Haynesworth. Shanks is  known as being overly negative and critical, and constantly reverting to shock journalism. The Dan Shaughnessy Watch blog dedicated to critiquing his work was launched in 2005.

(the above info was courtesy of Wikipedia)

And thats only the hack writers not the trolls who write about it in these threads! Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way

You can add Mazz and Callahan to your list.  Mazz wrote "What the Krafts purportedly believe in."   These hacks cannot stand that they don't get preferential, inside information from the Patriots.  Bill Bellichick is not arrogant, he knows what his job is, make the Patriots the best that they can be.  Nothing else matters to him.  Three years ago these same writers were all excited that maybe the Patriots would break their bank and go after the best defensive player in football (Haynesworth).  Also Mazz was certain the Dolphins would win the Super Bowl last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sportswriters are an odd bunch who invent myths about teams then criticize the teams for not living up to their invented myths. 

It's sort of like a teenage boy who convinces himself he's in love with a girl who he's never even spoken with and who probably has never as much as noticed him  . . . and who then gets all worked up because he feels she's rejected him . . .

It would all be sort of touching . . . if these guys weren't 60. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The Boston sports media is the most anti-homer media there is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's called generating interest in themselves with their outrageous writing.  Would you have even read their articles if the headline didn't hook you?  If it did, the writer did their job and got you to read their article.  Take it for what it is.. a person/fan of a sport, with an opinion like we see all over this board, who happens to get paid to post it in the rag they work for at that time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

With regard to the Pats, everyone thinks of them in 2001 coming out on to the field as a team with few big name players and winning as a team.  Since then, the expectation has been that the roster is made up of unassuming, humble lunch pail guys who are infallible.  That image is a media creation that a lot of fans have bought hook, line and sinker.  Fact is, the Pats are about accumulating talent and depth, and if some of that talent has a checkered past -- fine -- as long as the Pats have the upper hand in contract terms they'll take a chance on anybody who fits their scheme. 

The Shaugnessys and Borgeses of the world are guilty of believing the fabricated "Patriots Way" myth that all Patriots players have to be upstanding citizens that you'd be happy to see your sister or daughter marry.  Sorry, this is the NFL.  The fact that BB is entrenched here and takes on bad apples on his terms should be a surprise to nobody, especially the Boston media. 

Plus, what the hell do they care, it makes their jobs easier when a Dillon, Warren or Moss is on the roster. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Any team or coach that took on Hainsworth would be questioned given what a peice of junk the guy has been on and off the field the last two years. Chad Ocho, differenet story, his antics are harmless while his game has remained strong.  At least Shaughnessy took the time and effort to speak with Bill and got some decent abstract quotes from him that fit the context.
    It's fairly predictable what will happen: Hainsworth has a solid year and Shaugnessy will write his "gladly eat crow" peice and Borges won't because he is truly unobjective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Was reported on NFL nretwork that Denver wanted to make a trade for haynesworth but the Pats beat them to the punch by getting him cheap.  Pats once again one step ahead of everyone else.  The Pats usually end up having the last laugh and continue to make these hacks look like fools!  Really keeping my fingers crossed that this works out well with Haynesworth, it would end up being another brilliant move by BB!  I guess time will tell! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How about fat Azz Warren Sapp having nothing good to say about our 2 new acquisitions for 2 days on the NFL channel.  Can you say Extreme Bias.  Sapp is so jealous he didn't make Albert's money

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

What most writers and fans forget about is Bryan Cox.  This wasnt a nice guy, in fact he was considered a d!ck that sometimes took things too far on the field, also that wasnt a good teammate or a good person.  When he came to the Pats, well it is funny how people and writers now just see him as a good teammate and a good leader.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They are stuck in the "olden days" of journalism where bad news and appealing to people's emotions in the form of anger gets them reading. It used to work in the days of Grogan when the team could never quite pull it together and they changed coaches like they changed underwear. Now that they have a system that produces wins over the long term questioning every little decision doesn't work. 

They did the same thing when Moss was brought in and when the season started all that talk ended. Hey even a couple crappy sports writers who write the same old story will hit it right sometime and you won't hear the end of their horn tooting when they hit 1 out of 10. I loathe the day they randomly get something right because the we told you so posts will start  congratulating themselves on the 1 out of 10 correct prediction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

On a more positive note, I've found Mr.Bedard's coverage to be very strong, it comes off as balanced and objective, and I appreciate his wit+strong football accumen for the nuts and bolts stuff that junkies like myself crave...But yes, a few writers like Mazz clearly have their heads up their posteriors

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Same as it ever was.

We all know that most of the media can't stand Belichick because he doesn't make their job easy the way, for instance, a guy like Rex Ryan does.

It's not as though there isn't any precedent for these types of moves and all this nonsense about a "Patriot Way" is just so much syncopated blather. The Pats go about their business in a way that creates a successful, salable product. Players buy in because they want to win. There's really nothing more to it than that, despite what the Mazzarotis and O'Shaughnessy's of the world might like to believe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Before reading, I'm assuming Shaugnessy is somewhere in this...let's find out!...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

HA!

Right on. It must be tough for them to listen to their counterparts from NY talk about how fun Ryan is. How much he talks. Hard Knocks coverage. Remeniscing about the good 'ol Parcells days when he called players "she" and complained about cooking practices.

They're horrible. As soon as Michael Holley and Smith stopped writing, I stopped reading. I get all of my Pats info on this board. Any article someone deems worthy to paste here, I'll generally read, I NEVER read the sports section anymore unless it's the notes section.

Horrible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    [QUOTE]How about fat Azz Warren Sapp having nothing good to say about our 2 new acquisitions for 2 days on the NFL channel.  Can you say Extreme Bias.  Sapp is so jealous he didn't make Albert's money
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Sapp has always hated the Pats. Not sure why exactly, jealous of the success without the loud mouth I suppose. He commented about what's-his-face not being able to blco Mike&Mike before the Pats won one of their SBs. He hates everything Patriots. Maybe he wanted to play for BB once upon a time, and the Coach wanted nothing to do with him. I don't know. He's a piece of garbage, I'll never forget his totally unneccessary hit on Chad Clifton 40 yards from a play that nearly paralyzed the guy. Wasn't even looking. Never apologized. Never felt bad. Defended it. Rationalized it. Hopefully he meets his end similiarly to Tatum, those two were cut from the same wretched cloth.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    [QUOTE]I dont know about you all but I am so sick and tired of these two bit hacks that call themselves sportswriters taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriots way of doing things. Yesterday it was noted plagariser Ron Borges and today it was his "curly headed boyfriend" (per Carl Everett) Shanks Shaughnessy taking cheap shots at BB for trading for Haynesworth. I know we take pride in doing things the Patriot way, but I dont think anybody but these hacks have stated or insinuated that New England will only sign, draft, or employ squeaky clean model citizens. BB has frequently taken on "troubled" players giving them another chance (Dillon, Moss, ect.) Once they are in New England , then they have to be on their best behavior and conform to the Patriot way, which is to put team first, be a good citizen, active in the community, and above all else do not bring discredit upon the organization. Yes we drafted and cut Christian Peter because Mrs Kraft did not want a woman beater on the team, fair enough. But lets look at these holier than thou hacks that take cheap shots at BB (at least til the mods remove this thread): Ron Borges- On March 5, 2007 Borges was suspended for plagiarism by the Globe, for plagarising an article written by Mike Sando of the Tacoma News tribune.  Borges routinely severely criticizes BB because Borges relied on former quarterback Drew Bledsoe (benched then traded by BB) as his primary source of Patriots information, a spigot of onfo that BB shut off. Oh yeah dont forget the best of all, this tough guy hack was involved in a VERBAL argument with NY Times wroter Michael Katz, who was described as "a short, fat man in his 60s who walks with a cane and wears a neck brace because of chronic back problems" when Hack Borges threw a sucker punch at the old man!! Your a real tough guy hack Borges! Now keep hiding behind your keyboard! Shanks Shaughnessy- This guy is Ochocinco to Borges' Haynesworth. Shanks is  known as being overly negative and critical, and constantly reverting to shock journalism. The Dan Shaughnessy Watch blog dedicated to critiquing his work was launched in 2005. (the above info was courtesy of Wikipedia) And thats only the hack writers not the trolls who write about it in these threads! Go Pats!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

We all know that many writers in general write to be contoversial - not because it's necessarily factual.

So, just out of curiosity - why does one keep on reading the articles written by them? Seems silly that one would continue to read stuff by columnists that the individual already doesn't like.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    [QUOTE]The question is, why lose your credibility as a writer?  If you want a baiting writing job, go work for newspaper that does that sort of thing. The baiters here are good writers, it's just that their premise and substance is just horrendous. It's always predictable (in a bad way) and never accurate.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Because that's not where the money is. Controversy sells.  However, we as readers have a choice to NOT read the crap.....just like many of us did with Tomase - and look where he is now. It's a risk that writers will take to make a name for themselves at all costs - sorta like how some players may risk taking steroids.

25. This post has been removed.