So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFan54. Show PatFan54's posts

Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way

I think they are a bunch of jealous hacks who can't rub two thoughts together to write a decent article, so it makes them feel better, in their small worlds, to take a shot at one of the greatest football coaches/minds in the history of the NFL. Long live the Hoodie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Great point Anon (thanks for the PSN work, btw), we can all stop reading, I know I have. There is nobody worth reading anymore in my opinion. One problem though, for people wanting to read what the "professionals" have to say, where do they go? The Globe and Herald offer nothing. ESPN Boston I'm assuming is a joke. Michael Smith and Holley were aweseom, but moved on to bigger and better things, and there hasn't been any good talent since.

And King, I think that's without question. I revcently heard Adrian Gonzalez on the radio, and 2 things he wasn't prepared for:

-Someone actually came up to his car at a red light wanting an autograph. He was surprised to get reckognized, but commented it's the one time he had to say no, he couldn't reinforce such dangerous behavior. But enjoys the intensity of the fans.

-The other is how, in a different situation, fans aroun d here want to talk, nit just get some ink and scurry away. Fans in NE like to engage the athletes, and pick their brains whenever it's appropriate.

It's true, I've heard it for years, players saying fans in Boston understand the little nuances in sports and cheer them. The moving a runner to third with one out, or in football, enjoying and appreciating the suffocating defenses we've had and not clamoring for a 50 pt offense all the time (INDY!), and I've read threads in the past talking about the proficiency of a punter being able to pin opponents deep...yes, fans in NE are certainly knowledgeable. Fans around here aren't prone to just hearing something and running with it. They question it, and if are curious, typically research it on their own and come ot their own conclusions. Well, there are more of those here than anywhere else, but we certainly have our fair share of lemmings too...mostly found over on the Sox board haha.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    In Response to So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way : We all know that many writers in general write to be contoversial - not because it's necessarily factual. So, just out of curiosity - why does one keep on reading the articles written by them? Seems silly that one would continue to read stuff by columnists that the individual already doesn't like.
    Posted by anonymis

Well I can only speak for myself, but I continue to read because I sit in Afghanistan and the ONLY news I get on my hometown teams is this forum and the Herald and Globe sportspages I read online. I get 30 mins on a computer (when I want to wait in line for it at the MWR) so I dont have time to browse ESPN (sorry king lol), CNNSI, foxsports ect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I read the hard news (training camp reports, articles on player signings, etc.) on the Globle website, but stay away from a lot of the silly stuff the columnists write.  Most of it is just sentimental pap in my opinion.  

That said, I will read guys like Pat Kirwin who know a bit more about football strategy.  And of course Mike Reiss is a great reporter . . . his ESPN Boston blog is the best thing about the Patriots out there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    I dont know about you all but I am so sick and tired of these two bit hacks that call themselves sportswriters taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriots way of doing things. Yesterday it was noted plagariser Ron Borges and today it was his "curly headed boyfriend" (per Carl Everett) Shanks Shaughnessy taking cheap shots at BB for trading for Haynesworth. I know we take pride in doing things the Patriot way, but I dont think anybody but these hacks have stated or insinuated that New England will only sign, draft, or employ squeaky clean model citizens. BB has frequently taken on "troubled" players giving them another chance (Dillon, Moss, ect.) Once they are in New England , then they have to be on their best behavior and conform to the Patriot way, which is to put team first, be a good citizen, active in the community, and above all else do not bring discredit upon the organization. Yes we drafted and cut Christian Peter because Mrs Kraft did not want a woman beater on the team, fair enough. But lets look at these holier than thou hacks that take cheap shots at BB (at least til the mods remove this thread): Ron Borges- On March 5, 2007 Borges was suspended for plagiarism by the Globe, for plagarising an article written by Mike Sando of the Tacoma News tribune.  Borges routinely severely criticizes BB because Borges relied on former quarterback Drew Bledsoe (benched then traded by BB) as his primary source of Patriots information, a spigot of onfo that BB shut off. Oh yeah dont forget the best of all, this tough guy hack was involved in a VERBAL argument with NY Times wroter Michael Katz, who was described as "a short, fat man in his 60s who walks with a cane and wears a neck brace because of chronic back problems" when Hack Borges threw a sucker punch at the old man!! Your a real tough guy hack Borges! Now keep hiding behind your keyboard! Shanks Shaughnessy- This guy is Ochocinco to Borges' Haynesworth. Shanks is  known as being overly negative and critical, and constantly reverting to shock journalism. The Dan Shaughnessy Watch blog dedicated to critiquing his work was launched in 2005. (the above info was courtesy of Wikipedia) And thats only the hack writers not the trolls who write about it in these threads! Go Pats!
    Posted by Quagmire3

shank and the plagerizor.....  total haters... when borges was on the big show i would text about it to glen he would just laugh but he did call borges out... but borges just hates bill with a passion... shawnshee just hacks because he enjoys it .... hes deadly with his come from behind in the darkness shank strikes to the back!!! but he got his as his now known as the curly haired boyfriend forever...a classic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How dare these bastards not drink the BB kool-aide.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

In Response to Re: So tired of these Boston Hacks taking cheap shots at BB and the Patriot Way:
    On a more positive note, I've found Mr.Bedard's coverage to be very strong, it comes off as balanced and objective, and I appreciate his wit+strong football accumen for the nuts and bolts stuff that junkies like myself crave...But yes, a few writers like Mazz clearly have their heads up their posteriors
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Bedard is a breath of fresh air.  It was immediately apparent that he knew what he was writing about.

Sections
Shortcuts