So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.

Geez wonder what's going on . I thought a trade was happening. here's Welker s comment  and Belichick s.

Welker did not suit up for the Patriots' most recent preseason game on Friday night in Tampa Bay as a result of what he described as a personal situations.

Shortly later, at his Monday news conference, Belichick described Welker's status as "day-to-day." When asked if Welker's situation was injury-related, Belichick simply repeated "it's day-to-day."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728123/welker-reacts-to-hernandez-deal

More drama for this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.

In Response to So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    Geez wonder what's going on . I thought a trade was happening. here's Welker s comment  and Belichick s. Welker did not suit up for the Patriots' most recent preseason game on Friday night in Tampa Bay as a result of what he described as a personal situations. Shortly later, at his Monday news conference, Belichick described Welker's status as "day-to-day." When asked if Welker's situation was injury-related, Belichick simply repeated "it's day-to-day." http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4728123/welker-reacts-to-hernandez-deal More drama for this team.
    Posted by NEGAME2

The 'drama' is a creation of ESPN. It's what they do to fill the broadcasts when there isn't enough real news to keep all their stations occupied.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

With the timing of it all I was thinking about talks of a trade with the Colts, but nobody is going to trade for Welker because nobody will be able to negotiate a long term contract with him until after the season.  Hard for anyone, other then the pats, to risk paying 9 mil for this season without a guarantee that he would sign a contract with them after this season.

So I hope WW is here to stay for this season at least.  With the way the O line and offense looks, they NEED WW to hit him on the quick, short passes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Well WEEI is reporting it too.

"A lot of it is personal issues so I'll just leave it at that and let coach Belichick take care of everything else," Welker said. "Just talk to coach on that."

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21223936/welker-personal-issues-reason-absence

This may not be drama to you Evil but it is to me,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    Well WEEI is reporting it too. "A lot of it is personal issues so I'll just leave it at that and let coach Belichick take care of everything else," Welker said. "Just talk to coach on that." http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21223936/welker-personal-issues-reason-absence This may not be drama to you Evil but it is to me,
    Posted by NEGAME2

It's drama whenever sports repoters get involved

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i thought it was only ne who couldnt negotiate a new deal...that applys if he is traded as well?  it does seem as though something is up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    Shortly later, at his Monday news conference, Belichick described Welker's status as "day-to-day." When asked if Welker's situation was injury-related, Belichick simply repeated "it's day-to-day."
    Posted by NEGAME2

Love this quote! Classic BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maybe his mom was sick or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    i thought it was only ne who couldnt negotiate a new deal...that applys if he is traded as well?  it does seem as though something is up...
    Posted by jcour382

I thought the same thing, if he gets traded he can extend I thought was the rule

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

somethings up here, wasn't he at the game in Tampa but not dressed for it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : I thought the same thing, if he gets traded he can extend I thought was the rule
    Posted by PatsEng

Nope! The deadline for contract negociation of Franchise players passed in July 16.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Well he's back at practice, maybe he mentioned Ryans feet again and Belichick benched him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Back at practice, we may never find out what happened. I see that Spikes wasn't seen at practice again today, don't remember seeing him get hurt the other night.  Maybe just a precaution. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Real personal, it's called sand in vj dieseas. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to "Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.":
    In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : Nope! The deadline for contract negociation of Franchise players passed in July 16. Posted by part-timer
    Yup, they ( the pats) can negotiate with WELKER after this year, too late now for franchise players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

No doubt about Welkers talent but $9 mill this year is most of his guaranteed money going foreward. Even if he has a banner year no team will offer a 33 Yo a 3 year deal anywhere near the $20 mill guaranteed like the recent young guys Gronk, Hern and J.McCourty.

I think he stays with the Pats on a reasonable team friendly deal as his value is higher with the Pats playing with a QB and system he knows well.  Or he goes the way of a Dallas Clark ... his choice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is a non story imo.  Welker and TB have such good chemistry he doesn't need to play in the preseason.  Hell not risking injury is worth it imo.  Wes probably doesn't want to play and BB is doing him a favor.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I love the way people talk about Welker here just because he didn't make ONE catch.  Wes was holding the team up for years, making peanuts.  Now everyone is like "he's old, don't give him the money"  when he acted like a man and played his heart out and gave up some amazing years.  I'm betting you all discover he is STILL Wes Welker, and winds up having another great season.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to "Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.": Yup, they ( the pats) can negotiate with WELKER after this year, too late now for franchise players.
    Posted by NOISE

I don't think it's just the Patriots who can't,  I think it's NO team can negotiate a contract with Wes Welker (franchise player) until after the year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

it's hard to know what WW is even asking for.......maybe he's asking for too much???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : I don't think it's just the Patriots who can't,  I think it's NO team can negotiate a contract with Wes Welker (franchise player) until after the year.
    Posted by TFB12

Coorectamundo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : Coorectamundo!
    Posted by part-timer

Good, I was hoping that was correct, I heard it that way last weekend.  I think this makes it safe to say Welker will be a Patriot all season.  No chance of a team risking a one year deal with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Yeah, there is not much to gripe about now. WW is stuck here in NE for this year playing for 9+ million.

The worst thing that can happen is Welker pulls a DeSean Jackson on us, I wouldn't blame him BUT I really doubt he would do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

from Boston.com:

The reason why Wes Welker didn't take part in the Tampa practices and games was indeed because of the "personal" reasons he talked about on Tuesday.

Welker was dealing with a death in the family and it required him to travel back to his native Oklahoma, according to two league sources.

Hopefully this will end the silly conspiracy theories about Welker being unhappy with his contract and trying to force a trade.

Sections
Shortcuts