So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    Real personal, it's called sand in vj dieseas. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

It was a death in his family.Maybe you should wait to hear what REALLY happened before you start slandering one of the Patriots best players.
       See how foolish you look now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Thanks Mojo...

Before getting to that, I was going to say...

Take the Hernandez deal out of it. This is exactly how the Pats ALWAYS handle information...by giving none.

Furthermore, regardless of the reason, if the Patriots excused him, then the fans and media have nothing to say about it really. Even if he WAS upset about it, and voiced that, and BB gave him the night off....what's the problem? Nobody thinks Welker is totally happy about the situation, but I also don't think anyone is under the illusion he's so mad he's going to undermine himself OR the team. I hope nobody is under that illusion at least. If he went to BB with these issues and this was the outcome....GOOD! Good for them to be able to handle it like adults. Don't let the Red Sox nonsense bleed over to this team, they couldn't be more different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons.:
    Well he's back at practice, maybe he mentioned Ryans feet again and Belichick benched him.
    Posted by NEGAME2

Sorry for this post Wes, my condolences for your loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Seems we have TOO MANY fans who feel they are entitled to know EVERYTHING, otherwise we get discussion strings like this about pure speculation.  If it was anything football, the Pats, maybe later more than sooner, would have said something, but, this is personal and Welker's decision to divulge.  Oh what fans ask of their teams and players, like the Enquirer, the need to KNOW!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : Sorry for this post Wes, my condolences for your loss.
    Posted by NEGAME2

At least you made sure to apologize.  That impresses me.  Not that impressing me is important, just saying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Seems we have TOO MANY fans who feel they are entitled to know EVERYTHING, otherwise we get discussion strings like this about pure speculation.  If it was anything football, the Pats, maybe later more than sooner, would have said something, but, this is personal and Welker's decision to divulge.  Oh what fans ask of their teams and players, like the Enquirer, the need to KNOW!!
    Posted by agcsbill

I don't understand what's so bad about wanting to know about why he didn't suit up . Yes I want to know, too bad  and why the h e l l didn't the Patriots just come out and say it was a family issue. They re so damned buttoned up for god sake it creates a lot of unnecessary speculation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and Boston.com-- your snide remark?  you should have found this out long before today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : I don't understand what's so bad about wanting to know about why he didn't suit up . Yes I want to know, too bad  and why the h e l l didn't the Patriots just come out and say it was a family issue. They re so damned buttoned up for god sake it creates a lot of unnecessary speculation.
    Posted by NEGAME2

Only by those wishing to speculate. WW is a class act and ALWAYS has been!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well I think I was the closest. If I have learned one thing about BB it's that he is pretty much always two things- vague and honest. It's only reading into his words that we become deceived. Personal resons means personal reasons Non football injury list means injured but not from football Nothing to Report on Waters means he is not reporting anything Probable means injured but will probably play. Sure he's not saying much, but nothing is a lie.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I get athletes deserve privacy but seriously when they asked Welker about it, he could have just said "there was a death in the family".  Anyone who saw the interview thought he came off weird with the "its a personal issue and you HAVE to ask coach about it."  Of course BB said it was a "personal issue".  It was the "you have to ask coach about it" line that got people thinking.  Why would they need to ask BB about a death in his family??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maybe he thinks it's none of our business. Maybe he doesn't want a thousand follow up questions and tweets and cards and stories and Facebook updates and reporters knocking on the door of his families house.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Maybe he thinks it's none of our business. Maybe he doesn't want a thousand follow up questions and tweets and cards and stories and Facebook updates and reporters knocking on the door of his families house.
    Posted by shenanigan

It really is none of our business. These guys are people who face the same life issues we all do. If I went to my boss and said "there was a death in the family, I'd like to keep it a private matter", I would certainly hope and expect him to respect my wishes. BB was on WEEI yesterday, they asked him about this, and he responded with "Wes is going through a personal issue, I'm not in a position to discuss that matter". Which is exactly what he should have done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : I don't understand what's so bad about wanting to know about why he didn't suit up . Yes I want to know, too bad  and why the h e l l didn't the Patriots just come out and say it was a family issue. They re so damned buttoned up for god sake it creates a lot of unnecessary speculation.
    Posted by NEGAME2

NeGame:

Would I like to know more about what is going on - absolultely. However, given a choice between how Jets (and Ryan) operate and Patritos (BB) operate, I'd take our way any day of the week.

I do like that they are consistent - don't talk period!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: So Welker didn't suit up against the Bucs for "personal" reasons. : It really is none of our business. These guys are people who face the same life issues we all do. If I went to my boss and said "there was a death in the family, I'd like to keep it a private matter", I would certainly hope and expect him to respect my wishes. BB was on WEEI yesterday, they asked him about this, and he responded with "Wes is going through a personal issue, I'm not in a position to discuss that matter". Which is exactly what he should have done.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

If Belichick had just said that when asked the first time that would have been the end of it (pretty much)., but no he said when asked "we'll take it day to day" and said it a second time when asked. Now why would most of us not think the worst
    when the head coach uses "day to day. " I love Belichick but sometimes he really pisses me off

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sorry for WW's loss, and I'm happy he is a Patriot for 2012! We need him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Death is a matter of Public Record.  So the Info was there if anyone wanted too investigate.  That said this is why I hate speculation.

Sections
Shortcuts