So what happens if...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

So what happens if...

...Vince Wilfork is tagged and subsequently traded? Assuming that the following occurs, who does he go to, what do the Pats get, and (in the case of draft picks) what do the Pats do with what they get? I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: So what happens if...

I'm never close to being right about these things. but I'll say to Tampa Bay for this years 35th and 98th picks and their 2nd rounder next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't think he gets traded.  The price would be too high in draft picks.  Especially this year with the draft being so deep.  Plus you would have to take the top 8 teams off your list due to that rule that came into effect playing in an uncapped year.  Indy, NO, Minn,, NYJ, SD, Dallas, Ari and Baltimore would not be buyers.  I would take Pittsburgh off the list as well as they don't operate that way.  Now let's go to the top of the draft.  These teams are more or less in rebuilding mode and you do that through the draft unless your the delusional Al Davis.  The only teams that would be interested would be a team that is a player or two from putting something together on the field.  Those teams are just not there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think having Vince right now is a nice problem to have. I think the Pats can get a first for him. He's one of the best at his position and he is in his prime; he's big, 34's in vogue, no off field problems, team player, good production and no major injuries. The Chiefs would love to have him, along with Denver, Miami, Buffalo (34 defense next year) plus he played in the 43 in college. If Vince lost about 20 pounds he could pass rush a little more, his rookie season he played some end and in college he consistently got to the QB.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I would hope that the Pat's could get more for him than what Tampa has to offer...draft picks at this point..meh. The Pats need established players...Brady and the Offense are NOW

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he'll get traded where his presence won't come back and bite the pats in the azz, NFC team. st. louis, tampa,   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

It really doesnt matter what anyone guesses, we will all be wrong. BB is way out there when doing his thing so none of us will ever be close

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I could see it happening but only as a last resort. If he is traded I think it is to KC , Oakland or an NFC team but, I don't see him being a fit at Tampa or St. Louis, they have too many issues to want to spend the picks on one guy I think. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Belichick is playing three demensional chess while the rest of us are playing tic-tac-toe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Here's the 3-4 Teams I know about:
    Buffalo, Kansas City, Miami, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Denver, Cleveland, Houston, Green Bay, Dallas, Baltimore...

~And here's three other 3-4 Teams, which I'm somewhat confused is their base Defense: 
    Arizona, San Francisco, Tampa Bay, St. Louis and NY Jets

In at least as I think...Buffalo, KC, Miami, and I believe Cleveland too, ALL need decent 3-4 NTs...
         Then to either a lesser/far lesser degree (imo): Pittsburgh (Casey Hampton-age and free agency), Denver (their NT disappears at times), San Diego (Jamaal Williams-age and unsure about his free agent status)... 
         Overall, even less sure with Houston (are they still in the league?), Green Bay (just 1 year playing a 3-4 D, so maybe?), Dallas (believe is pretty set with their NT), and Baltimore (some white dude that's actually pretty decent, but unsure of age/FA status?)...
         Then those 4 Teams about I'm confused as to their favoured Based D:
    Jets (got an NT, and no-way), Arizona (I know they do need and like decent interior DTs, but unsure with NT), AND finally-Tampa & San Fran & St Louis (would be nice to ship VW to either of these 3 places)...

~
    BUT garytx makes a crazy good point about the Final 8 playoff teams ONLY being able to acquire the exact number of players gained in Free Agency, as the same number that they lost due to free agency...and so, I have ZERO idea how that would work in any trade formula.

Overall, my sentiment echoes murthl here:

"I think having Vince right now is a nice problem to have. I think the Pats can get a first for him. He's one of the best at his position and he is in his prime; he's big, 34's in vogue, no off field problems, team player, good production and no major injuries. The Chiefs would love to have him, along with Denver, Miami, Buffalo (34 defense next year) plus he played in the 43 in college...". 

So overall, even though VW doesn't really fit too well anymore as a 4-3 DT, and is probably far more valued trade-bait as a 3-4 NT, WE really should include Oakland in our list as "potential" candidates...  Just "potential" since for Al Davis to make that sort of move, Trading for Vince Wilfork would have to UTTERLY make ZERO sense at all, rather than kinda-sorta makin' just a little bit of sense (in the first case, VW would then be good as gone). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Maritime, you are correct, the final 8 rule does not apply to trade.

jasonh86, that draft is more than a dream.  If the DT Dan Williams in the one I know of, he is a 1st rd pick.  Dwyer in many mocks is also a 1st rd pick, so that draft has zero chance of going down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

FOUR WEEKS AGO,TWO WEEKS AGO AND LAST WEEK I HAVE SUGGESTED THAT FAILING TO SIGN WILFOLK TO A MULTI-YEAR EXTENTION IS TO ASSIGN THE NON-EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE TAG TO HIM.THIS WAY,WILFOLK AND HIS AGENT CAN NEGOTIATE WITH ANY TEAM THEY CHOOSE,ONCE THEY SECURE AN OFFER THEY DEEM ACCEPTABLE THAT CLUB AND PATRIOTS CAN NEGOTIATE A TRADE.IT IS PROBABLE THAT THE PATRIOTS WILL QUICKLY SETTLE ON A TRADE WITH WHATEVER TEAM HAS AN AGREEMENT WITH WILFOLKWITH TWO NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS,THE JETS AND THE DOLPHINS.IF THE AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN WILFOLK ONE OF THOSE CLUBS THINGS COME AND PROBABLY WOULD CONTENTIOUS TO SAY THE VERY LEAST.HOWEVER IF N.E. BELIEVES THEY CAN REALLY FLEECEEITHER OF THOSE TEAMS IN TERMS OF WHAT THEY WILL GET A TRADE WITH THEM IS HARDLY BEYOND THE REALM POSSIBILITY.ONE FURTHER NOTE,MANY SEEM TO BELIEVE THAT A. THOMAS WOULD HAVE SCANT VALUE IN A DEAL BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS THE NFL ON THE PLANET KNOW THAT B.B. WANTS HIM GONE COULD WELL BE WRONG.IF THERE ARE JUST TWO TEAMS WHO COVET HIS ADDITION TO THEIR ROSTER,AND GIVEN AN UNCAPPED YEAR SO HIS CONTRACT ISN'T QUITE THE FACTOR IT WOULD BE IN A CAPPED YEAR,COULD GET BIDDING FOR HIS SERVICES GET AS HIGH AS A THIRD  ROUND PICK,AND PERHAPS A TAD MORE.THE PATRIOTS ARE UNLIKELY TO WAIVE HIM IN AN EMOTIONAL PIQUE AS THEY ARE AS COLD AND CALCULATING AS ANY TEAM ANYWHERE WHEN IT COMES PERSONNEL DECISIONS AND TO DO SO WOULD BE TATAMOUNT TO BITING YOUR OWN NOSE TO SPITE YOUR OWN FACE.I CAN'T SEE THE COACH DOING THAT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: So what happens if...:
             FOUR WEEKS AGO,TWO WEEKS AGO AND LAST WEEK I HAVE SUGGESTED THAT FAILING TO SIGN WILFOLK TO A MULTI-YEAR EXTENTION IS TO ASSIGN THE NON-EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE TAG TO HIM.THIS WAY,WILFOLK AND HIS AGENT CAN NEGOTIATE WITH ANY TEAM THEY CHOOSE,ONCE THEY SECURE AN OFFER THEY DEEM ACCEPTABLE THAT CLUB AND PATRIOTS CAN NEGOTIATE A TRADE.IT IS PROBABLE THAT THE PATRIOTS WILL QUICKLY SETTLE ON A TRADE WITH WHATEVER TEAM HAS AN AGREEMENT WITH WILFOLKWITH TWO NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS,THE JETS AND THE DOLPHINS.IF THE AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN WILFOLK ONE OF THOSE CLUBS THINGS COME AND PROBABLY WOULD CONTENTIOUS TO SAY THE VERY LEAST.HOWEVER IF N.E. BELIEVES THEY CAN REALLY FLEECEEITHER OF THOSE TEAMS IN TERMS OF WHAT THEY WILL GET A TRADE WITH THEM IS HARDLY BEYOND THE REALM POSSIBILITY.ONE FURTHER NOTE,MANY SEEM TO BELIEVE THAT A. THOMAS WOULD HAVE SCANT VALUE IN A DEAL BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS THE NFL ON THE PLANET KNOW THAT B.B. WANTS HIM GONE COULD WELL BE WRONG.IF THERE ARE JUST TWO TEAMS WHO COVET HIS ADDITION TO THEIR ROSTER,AND GIVEN AN UNCAPPED YEAR SO HIS CONTRACT ISN'T QUITE THE FACTOR IT WOULD BE IN A CAPPED YEAR,COULD GET BIDDING FOR HIS SERVICES GET AS HIGH AS A THIRD  ROUND PICK,AND PERHAPS A TAD MORE.THE PATRIOTS ARE UNLIKELY TO WAIVE HIM IN AN EMOTIONAL PIQUE AS THEY ARE AS COLD AND CALCULATING AS ANY TEAM ANYWHERE WHEN IT COMES PERSONNEL DECISIONS AND TO DO SO WOULD BE TATAMOUNT TO BITING YOUR OWN NOSE TO SPITE YOUR OWN FACE.I CAN'T SEE THE COACH DOING THAT.
    Posted by kebbe

Zodiac Killer Ciphers - From 1966 to 1974, the Zodiac serial killer sent more than 20 written communications to police officials. Most of these messages have been cracked, but there are still some that remain unsolved. The killer was never caught...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Theres a decent chance of that happening , but I think hes tagged and stays. I dont like the move though , Id either sign him , or tag and trade. Hes a top 3 NT , a position that is hard to find in terms of elite talent. Not to mentioned its the toughest , nastiest , spot to play , that gets not nearly enough credit. Listen this guy is getting paid , that spot is the most important in the 3-4 D and hes a top 3 player at his position. Id try and sign him to a 5 year deal for around 8.5 a year , but spread it out through the whole contract. Id trade him for a 1/4 or three 2's. Hes and elite player that has 4-6 years of great play left in him. If someone offers up a 1st and 4th then you have to do it , with those picks and next years we could be a SB contender for the next ten years , if we actaully draft the right players. And there are a bunch of teams that could use him. Just off the top of my head TB , Minne , SF , Carolina , Buffalo(would never happen 'cause of div) , Chicago , Seattle , SD all come to mind. Some just need a guy like him and other have guys there that are going to retire either this year or next.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

if VW is traded for a first round pick plus something else substantial (a third or fourth) i think it is a good deal. and we'd have to pick up cody with the 23 pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

if VW is traded for a first round pick plus something else substantial (a third or fourth) i think it is a good deal. and we'd have to pick up cody with the 23 pick
    Posted by sirpinochle

i could agree with that. makes alot of sense to maybe pick up mount cody

BTW Hillary that 's probably the best picture of you i've ever seen, you go girl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Holy crap, that's Hillary? All these years I thought she was a man eating robot. I mean she still probrably is, but at least she once looked good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Your move you pawns (other teams) Spockichick has spoken...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: So what happens if... : Zodiac Killer Ciphers - From 1966 to 1974, the Zodiac serial killer sent more than 20 written communications to police officials. Most of these messages have been cracked, but there are still some that remain unsolved. The killer was never caught ...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

lol, Did he use all caps also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

"COULD GET BIDDING FOR HIS SERVICES GET AS HIGH AS A THIRD  ROUND PICK,AND PERHAPS A TAD MORE.'

For A.T.? You are either a teenager, or a moron living in fantasy land if you believe that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm never close to being right about these things. but I'll say to Tampa Bay for this years 35th and 98th picks and their 2nd rounder next year.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

For two SECOND rounders?!?!?!?!

No way Wilfork goes for anything less than a #1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Trade him to the Jets for that big ,fat,immovable run stuffing ..........he's the head coach???? Never mind!!!