3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: so what positions are open?

Parking lot attendant

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots G.M.

Relax!  I'm kidding!

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Here is my view from 10,000 feet… Unfortunately as always with this team this is all based on health.

4 Special teams guys (i include Slater here)

4 RB's -  I think Bolden gets cut so the 3 RB's and Devlin

3 QB's - Unless JG picks up the offense and they are confident he could play immediately.

6 WR's with the sixth spot up for grabs between Thompkins, Harrisson, Gallon or  roster cut from another team.

2 TE's-  If Gronk is a go for game 1 if not Hooman and ????

8 OL men Solder/Seabss/Mankins/Cannon in… 4 spots between Wenndell, Connelly, Halopio, Flemming, Stork, Kline, Cave and Mattes…. my money is Wendell gets cut and the 3 draft choices make it. I think the last spot comes down to Connelly or Kline.

6 DT - kelly, Vince, Easly, Armstead, Jones & Moore (my surprise for the roster)

4 DE -  Jones, Nink, Smith, Buchanon

7 LB - Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Hull, Beauharnais, 2 players not on roster today

8 CB/S - Revis, Browner, Ryan, Dennard, Arrington, Harmon, Chung, Ebner (probably should have listed him on ST's)

52 spots above the other spot most likely coming from competition at DB.

This is just a quick stab with injury always being a factor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is my view from 10,000 feet… Unfortunately as always with this team this is all based on health.

3 QB's - Unless JG picks up the offense and they are confident he could play immediately.

6 WR's with the sixth spot up for grabs between Thompkins, Harrisson, Gallon or  roster cut from another team.

8 OL men Solder/Seabss/Mankins/Cannon in… 4 spots between Wenndell, Connelly, Halopio, Flemming, Stork, Kline, Cave and Mattes…. my money is Wendell gets cut and the 3 draft choices make it. I think the last spot comes down to Connelly or Kline.

6 DT - kelly, Vince, Easly, Armstead, Jones & Moore (my surprise for the roster)

7 LB - Collins, Hightower, Mayo, Hull, Beauharnais, 2 players not on roster today

8 CB/S - Revis, Browner, Ryan, Dennard, Arrington, Harmon, Chung, Ebner (probably should have listed him on ST's)

This is just a quick stab with injury alw

U left out only one of the best FS in d league   wheres DM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'm thinking they add a TE (hopefully Keller) and try to fill in LB depth with UDFA or someone who is cut during training camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Devlin as ILB......in line blocker

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

kind of early to set the roster. Hopefully there will be some pleasant surprises from training camp.  I would not be surprised to see Slater on the bubble.  Ebner is younger and cheaper.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

OT. JR my friend. Did you see this ?  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giant-sash-tased-arrested-drunken-scooter-chase-reports-article-1.1791205" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giant-sash-tased-arrested-drunken-scooter-chase-reports-article-1.1791205

A giant player tazed after a drunken scooter chase.   Lol. I'm speechless. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI" rel="nofollow">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

My 2 cents on a way, way, way too early projection...

QB:  Brady, Mallet, Grappolo

RB:  Ridley, Vereen, Delvin, White

TE:  Hooman, Keller, Jones, Harrison

WR:  Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Gallon, LaFell

OL:  Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Cannon, Stork, Flemming, Halapio, Kline

DT:  Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, Armstead, Siliga

DE:  Chandler, Nink, Moore, Buchannan

LB:  Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Morris, Gordon

S:  DMC, Harmon, Thomas, Gary, Chung

CB:  Revis, Browner, Arrington, Dennard, Ryan, Green (while Browner suspended)

ST:  Slater, Ghost, Allen, Aiken

PUP:  Gronk, Will Smith

PS:  Houston, Finch, Watson, Mattes, Devey, Cave, Deerling, Skinner

Thoughts?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

slater should not make the team this year. they need to fill his sport with a real receiver. 

[/QUOTE]

Disagree.  The fastest way to lose a game is to allow a kick return or punt return TD.  Slater is the best in the business at preventing those big plays .  He absolutely has an important role on this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would be very surprised to see them with 4 TEs. If the talent was there PERHAPS but it is not. Of course a wild card is simply who ends up on PUP and IR.

On Slater - I think he sticks because I don't expect him to be less than very good on STs. He will have to wane in effectiveness to get cut. One day it will happen. But I do not expect it yet.

STs are more important than fantasy football fans give credit. ANd so is backup QB for that matter. When the day comes you need him you better have him. Consider the first SB we won. TB was the backup. And when Drew became the backup we needed him in the Pitts playoff game!

For those who were not around, the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins won more games with their backup Earl Morral than their starter Bob Griese.

And the Jets beat the Colts in SB III in large part because that same Earl Morral was John Unitas' backup and started the game as Unitas was back from injury but not 100% and Morrall had a horrible game including not seeing a wide open and frantically waving receiver Jimmy Orr and throwing 3 interceptions.

Backups can make a big difference even if just to get you through a rough patch intact. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Slater's spot on the roster comes up periodically in this forum. I understand why there's typically some sympathy for cutting him and filling the spot with someone who can do more than play special teams.  I don't see BB cutting him anytime soon.  He's one of the best ST players in the league and BB values ST play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is just a quick stab with injury alw

U left out only one of the best FS in d league   wheres DM

[/QUOTE]

My Bad that makes 53.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

OT. JR my friend. Did you see this ?  http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giant-sash-tased-arrested-drunken-scooter-chase-reports-article-1.1791205" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giant-sash-tased-arrested-drunken-scooter-chase-reports-article-1.1791205" rel="nofollow">http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giant-sash-tased-arrested-drunken-scooter-chase-reports-article-1.1791205

A giant player tazed after a drunken scooter chase.   Lol. I'm speechless. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI" rel="nofollow">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI" rel="nofollow">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WVR5_ILPI

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Slater IMO is a lock. Top 3 ST player in the league. Team captain. Locker room leader

Bolden IMO also a lock. Plays all 4 ST's, able blocker, capable of playing increased snaps in case of injury or fumbles

Going to really be a camp battle on the OL.

I do think once Keller can pass the physical, he does sign, but he is not a lock to make the team. HAve to see how he runs and recovers from the grind

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

It's a BB team, which usually means that every position could turn over except one.

Competition...it's a beautiful thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slater IMO is a lock. Top 3 ST player in the league. Team captain. Locker room leader

Bolden IMO also a lock. Plays all 4 ST's, able blocker, capable of playing increased snaps in case of injury or fumbles

I do think once Keller can pass the physical, he does sign, but he is not a lock to make the team. HAve to see how he runs and recovers from the grind

[/QUOTE]

I agree that Slater is an absolute lock.  Bolden, I'm not so sure.  I'll defer to your input here, as you are much closer to the team than I am.  I just wonder if he might get squeezed out if Houston really impresses in camp, and Delvin continues to prove valuable.  In the end, yeah, Bolden probably makes it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that Slater is an absolute lock.  Bolden, I'm not so sure.  I'll defer to your input here, as you are much closer to the team than I am.  I just wonder if he might get squeezed out if Houston really impresses in camp, and Delvin continues to prove valuable.  In the end, yeah, Bolden probably makes it.

[/QUOTE]

Eihter Vereen or Ridley is looking at a cut, IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eihter Vereen or Ridley is looking at a cut, IMO

[/QUOTE]

Barring injury, Vereen is not going anywhere.  I highly doubt Ridley will either, but if he fumbles a few more times you never know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im a bit concerned that Bolden is maybe on the bubble and our backs will be Ridley, Vareen, White because I feel Vareen=White and we dont have a power runner w/ball security. It is possible they re-sign Ridley and let Vareen walk due to his injuries and promote White next year? I think so and if the right back is available next year they move on from both Rids and Vareen. BB rarely  re ups at skill positions after rookie contract unless they are pro bowl material. Ridley with his fumbles, I can def. see BB moving on next year. This year depending how White holds up will depend on wether or not Vareen gets resigned. If they didnt put up the little money to pay Danny, I cant see it for Vareen either. Lets hope the draft is RB heavy next year and we can get a complete back that doesnt fumble. We may carry only 4 backs including Devlin, who knows.

What ever happened with M.Bush and are there any other vet. backs who fit the bill?

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.