So what rule will the Colts beg the NFL to change now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

So what rule will the Colts beg the NFL to change now?

You can't onside kick before the 4th quarter?

I bet they thought Manning was illegaly blocked in the back on the INT TD return.

What rule change do you guys see coming?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: So what rule will the Colts beg the NFL to change now?

No more slow motion camera replays

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

here's a few more:

you can't challenge a 2-pt conversion attempt.

the halftime show must not be longer than 20 minutes (freeney blamed the length of halftime to contributing to his injury problems)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No pick 6, the team that picked the ball gets spot of the pick + an extra 5 yards for the trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Onside kicks are fine BUT a team may not onside kick to a receiver married to a playboy bunny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

ud didn't think I would see you for a while, can't say i'm sorry next to the Pats winning the SB that was the best!

Already questions about how good (all time) is manning really going to be but anyways, you are right no onside to the husband needs to be to the bunny dressed as a bunny. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I wonder how happy he'll be with the rule that Colst can only sign 2 Free agents next year in an uncapped year while the Patriost can sign an unlimited amount.

Patriost 19-0 mark your calendars now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Colts get the goal post moved up 10 yards to the goal line when ever they try a FG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I honestly think it is unfair what the refs did to the Colts. They gave them calls all year and then, when they really needed them, they kept the flags in their belts. That is just wrong.

I hope Polian passes the rule about consistency in officiating. And, no, I don't mean the same conduct/action/event by every team gets called the same. I mean that if you give a team PI calls, you give it to them the WHOLE year. Not just through 18 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

paul - do you know if this FA limitation is attributable to any specific FA's?  In fact, does anyone know the answer to this. 

The colts don't usually play in the veteran FA market, so that rule, if specific to that group would be a non-issue, but if it applies to undrafted FA's then that would hurt the colts. 

Evil - you make a good point.  This is the second time a fg kicker has failed Manning in the playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Evil - you make a good point.  This is the second time a fg kicker has failed Manning in the playoffs. 

But in another post, you said Manning failed the kicker by going for it all to Collie on 2-11 leaving them with a 51-yard attempt. And, wouldn't Stover have failed the actual team, not just Manning or is Manning the team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root - Manning did fail the kicker.  I want it both ways. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Let's be honest - Manning failed. Much easier when you cut to the chase.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The clock must be extended if the Colts are down...until the Colts make a comeback and win the game.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

On that 3rd and 11, I think he did - unless no one else was open.  Yet to watch the replay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Folks as it was the referees did help the colts with the PI call,when they called the interference in the endzone against the Colts WR,because it really was an interception so they lobbed Peyton and the rest of the losers another couple of shots at saving face,I can't tell you who the DB was or the WR,but the DB stepped out of bounds with his right foot but then he clearly gets it back in before he catches the ball,and he had both feet inbounds when he made the interception.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

No contact between a receiver and a defender even when the defender is "playing the ball".  If he gets that through he'll be golden.  Too bad the Saints defenders never once made contact without turning for the ball, and the ball being there.  Hmmm... maybe some other teams should take notice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

No more intentional grounding flag against Manning!

Oooops, they did change that long ago...Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~If the opposition holds The Colts to a 3rd and long (i.e. anything more than 1/16th an inch), The other team has to leave the field and enact a celebratory sideline cheer to better Manning's chances of not throwing an INT... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

No more intentional grounding flag against Manning!

Oooops, they did change that long ago...

You noticed that too. I thought you had to be out of the pocket and the ball had to go beyond the line of scrimmage to throw it away. With Manning, I guess its either/or.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Did you intentionally put the "a" in "Soak", In the "biatches" part As some form of grammatical play on words?  Or is "Sook" a word?

~On a similiar vein, Did I ever tell you ALL about The Indy Fan I verbally beat to the curb on this very board, after He came on here merely to troll on, over and over about Spygate, calling Us a bunch of "Cheatriots"?  He upped the ante, calling me thus, "A Patriotard."  When I started LingMAO, He next explained to me that I must not have understood the true degree regarding his play on words...He had combined "Patriot" and "R#tard" into 1 SINGLE word, and that it was quite brilliant, and must have went over my head.  Wow...   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

No picking off of a colts quarterback in the second half.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from packetloss. Show packetloss's posts

Apparently a snippet of code taken from Madden 2011:
    - - - - -
    #define PICK_FOR_SIX        1
    #define FIRST_DOWN          1

#define SHAKING_HEAD       1
    #define TALKING_TO_SELF   2
    #define WAVING_ARMS        3

static int third_down()
    {
    int team_qb;
    int first_down_achieved;
    int qb_status;
    int result;

if (! first_down_achieved)
        {
            if (team_qb == PICK_FOR_SIX)
            {
                switch (qb_status)
                {
                    case SHAKING_HEAD       :   // todo - def_pass_interference()
                                                                result = FIRST_DOWN;
                    case TALKING_TO_SELF   :   // todo - refs_missed_penalty()
                                                                result = FIRST_DOWN;
                    case WAVING_ARMS        :   // todo - dolts_win_challenge()
                                                                result = FIRST_DOWN;
                    default                               :   // todo - dolts_1st_goal_at_one()
                                                                result = FIRST_DOWN;
                }
            }
        }

return result;
    }
    - - - - -

bj -
    if you need any help , let me know and I will do my best to help you understand the code.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Sad but true. Don't be surprised if something actually does happen . . .  the last time Polian complained about something like this after a playoff loss, the whole NFL changed. Now press coverage will be outlawed altogether, and everyone in the NFL will have to play Tampa-2 Zone and have a precision passing offense like th Colts do. Of course, we won't mention that being designed that way, they have a head start.

---
    First, the drop by Pierre Garcon. GMBill Poliantold me outside the stadium after the game you can't blame Garcon because he got "jacked'' at the line of scrimmage. Maybe, but I watched the replay a couple of times early this morning, and he was well away from the jacking when the Manning pass clanked off his hands.

Read More:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/02/08/mmqb.superbowl/1.html#ixzz0f2rVLxmq
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee withSI Subscription

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

packetloss - That is the funniest bit today. 

Shouldn't there be a qb var for Manning because this code won't run for any other quarterback.

Sections
Shortcuts