So what will the consensus be IF we lose Sunday??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

So what will the consensus be IF we lose Sunday??

Will everything still be "ok"?? I don't know about you but the Bill gave us 2 tough games last season and they do have a pretty good running game.
    I think the Pats still prevail but I'm 60:40. By no means is this 100% lock. Not with this team right now.
    And don't give me the "on any given day" bull****. If the Bills were playing the Saints, Colts, or GB this would be a lock.
    For the Pats..get ready to hold your breath.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: So what will the consensus be IF we lose Sunday??

Weren't the Saints a lock to beat the sorry a** Tampa Bay team last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

There's no winning for the Patriots this Sunday and it's because of fans like you.

If they lose, "you were right" and "this team doesn't have what it takes to win" and "Brady's no longer an elite QB"

If they win, "ok but it's the Bills"

Seriously. Shut up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: So what will the consensus be IF we lose Sunday??:
    There's no winning for the Patriots this Sunday and it's because of fans like you. If they lose, "you were right" and "this team doesn't have what it takes to win" and "Brady's no longer an elite QB" If they win, "ok but it's the Bills" Seriously. Shut up.
    Posted by apdynasty23

AMEN!  I think he should say 4 Hail Marys and 6 Our Fathers!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I heard about this team that was coming off a 5-11 season with a coach who had been fired from his first HC job, and a no name defense.  Then their Probowl QB gets injured and all they have is some 6th round draft pick in his second year to throw to a bunch of mediocre WR's.  They lost their first 2 games, they were actually 1-3 in week 4.  I don't remember what happenned to that team at the end.  They probably just blew and missed the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I heard about this team that was coming off a 5-11 season with a coach who had been fired from his first HC job, and a no name defense.  Then their Probowl QB gets injured and all they have is some 6th round draft pick in his second year to throw to a bunch of mediocre WR's.  They lost their first 2 games, they were actually 1-3 in week 4.  I don't remember what happenned to that team at the end.  They probably just blew and missed the playoffs.
    Posted by shenanigan

I completely agree with you and you seem like a fan that will not lose hope until we finish the entire season and see where we stand. Even if you say something like this, certain idiots around here will come up with bullsh!t like "yeah but we had so and so on that defense and now we only have an undersized Butler, a rookie CB and no pass rush" or "back then Brady was hungry and focused and now he's just................married and a father."

I think we'll be fine but good God, some of these people are annoying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"By no means is this 100% lock. Not with this team right now."

True - and your point is? 

Are you the kind of spoiled fan that can't enjoy the game unless a win is pre-ordained? 

My analysis of the NFL is: some losing is ok as long as what comes out of that losing is a sharper focus and greater understanding of how to work as a team. 

So, no, if the Pats lose to the Bills it won't change my view of the season dramatically - though it depends on the nature of the loss and how it happens.

How about we enjoy the game and then see what it looks like afterward? If the Dolphins go 3-0 that will also have an impact on my views.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

There's no winning for the Patriots this Sunday and it's because of fans like you. If they lose, "you were right" and "this team doesn't have what it takes to win" and "Brady's no longer an elite QB" If they win, "ok but it's the Bills" Seriously. Shut up.
    Posted by apdynasty23
    You tell him Angeoplasty.......yeah shut up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The consensus will be its only game 3 with 13 more to go and we need to continue to get better and evolve. This is if we lose. If we win, it will be it's only game 3 with 13 more to go and we need to continue to get better and evolve.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The only question is not whether or not they will win, rather will it be a blowout or will they be lucky to escape as they were in the season opener in 2009.

If they do the unthinkable and lose at home to arguably the worst team in the NFL, then people will be talking about next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Well said. That stuff BB spews during his press conference is true. It's totally about how the team gels and improves throughout the year. The NFL is extremely competitive and the difference btw winning and losing is small.

I think they'll romp the bills due to the anger last week. It's a great motivating factor. The big key will be how the team performs in Miami the week after. That is a HUGE game. Will they play better on the road? Will they crap their pants in the second half?

The consensus will be its only game 3 with 13 more to go and we need to continue to get better and evolve. This is if we lose. If we win, it will be it's only game 3 with 13 more to go and we need to continue to get better and evolve.
    Posted by PatsLifer

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Weren't the Saints a lock to beat the sorry a** Tampa Bay team last year?
    Posted by shenanigan

That game was late in the season, on the road, and the Saints had the #1 seed all but locked up.

This game is at home in week 3 coming on the heels of an embarrassing measuring stick game where the Pats failed to measure up. It they blow out the Bills at home it's to be expected. Like their 59-0 win over the Titans last year, a blowout this weekend doesn't prove anything. There are several tests for the Pats this season and winning all but  1-2 of those games should be enough to cover the shame of last week's dismal performance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't really worry about that because I know we won't lose. This game is in the bag. Coming home to play against the Hapless Bills is the best thing that could happen to us. Jets beat Miami and it's a 3 way tie for 1st place. I can't believe how much of a sure thing this one is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

In Response to Re: So what will the consensus be IF we lose Sunday?? : I completely agree with you and you seem like a fan that will not lose hope until we finish the entire season and see where we stand. Even if you say something like this, certain idiots around here will come up with bullsh!t like "yeah but we had so and so on that defense and now we only have an undersized Butler, a rookie CB and no pass rush" or "back then Brady was hungry and focused and now he's just................married and a father." I think we'll be fine but good God, some of these people are annoying.
    Posted by apdynasty23

It's another patriots game to me, no matter the standings or who is being played. Like every other Pats game for longer than I can remember I will be watching from kick off until the final buzzer. I enjoy them all, hate losing, but this is the team I have and always will back. To the Last Man....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Any given Sunday...

IF Buffalo's new journeyman QB beats the Patriots' defense, it might be because there's less info on the journeyman.  It might be because the other guy, Edwards, was dragging the team down.  "His stats in the first two games were poor, though to be fair he has been surrounded by a below-average receiving corps, patchwork offensive line and disappointing run game." --ProFootballWeekly

On offense, the Pats will miss Kevin Faulk's pass protection on third down.  Sammy Morris isn't the same.  Edelman is untried.  Woodhead is still wondering where the local PATH station is. 

I have the Patriots by 10 points, not 13 or 14.  Huge overdogs are never a good bet.  Come to think of it, no bet is ever a good bet unless maybe you're the house or the mob.  That said, a Buffalo victory would be way unusual. 

Even with a skin-of-teeth Buffalo victory I'd still expect the Pats to contend for a playoff spot.  The team is in a position to do a lot of growing in the next three months.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I will be concerned. Divsion game coming off a loss at home against the worst team in the league. They should not lose the game. Period.
    Posted by tompenny

I agree.  I think the Pats win this by roughly 24-16.  But if they lose, it will open a whole can of worms - coaching, leadership, attitude, etc.  I was dismayed to read in the ProJo before the Jets game that Wilfork was hopeful for an "undefeated season" (gasp!).  I cannot imagine any player for any Pats team of 5-10 years ago daring to even think such a stupid thing after just one win, let alone speak it to a reporter. Those players focused on the next game, only. that's how they won Super Bowls.  I bet that attitude has more to do with their troubles of last year and this than does anything else. No wonder BB took down all the vintage photos of when the Pats were dominant.

The thinking that the Pats' anger in losing will fuel a win doesn't hold water with this team. We're they not supposed to be fueled by anger to beat the Jets last week? How did that go?

As for those of you viciously dumping on anybody here daring to write anything remotely critical or questioning of the Pats, give it a break.  It's juvenile.  I imagine a basement-habitating, pimple-pocked 14-year-old letting his hormone-fueled teen-angst get in the way of reasonable, respectful discourse. Commanding total strangers to "shut-up" does not make you appear powerful.  It makes you  appear weak. Trying being classy.  It worked for Dale Carnegie and it can work for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The consensus will be that the fans aren't loud enough, that Brady's hair is too long, that Brandon Jacobs will be our savior, that BB has lost it in the bed room, that the Bills are really better than the JESTS, that Braylon Edwards should be a candidate for a humanitarian award and finally, that Aaron Burr should have been elected president in 1800. Let me know if you have any questions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As a fan, I will always be disappointed whenever the Pats lose, expecially when they lose playing poorly.  But, to write them off so quickly, as many seem to do after a loss, when the same were all alleluias the week before?  Please....
    the very same fan who came into the season predicting the Pats would go 12 - 4 now says 8 - 8, all off of one loss.  True, there are many chinks in the armor, but, give the team the benefit of the doubt, they want to win and are probably more diappointed than any fan can be.  I seem to recall a Pats wild card team won the SB.. so, keep the faith!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I can't take all this negativity anymore. (sound of gunshot). Damn i missed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Guys.

smorgan is one of those hit and run folks.  He posts something obsurd and then doesn't reply to defend himself.  This only hurts his standing on this board.  Look at his history.  A major league turd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I don't really worry about that because I know we won't lose. This game is in the bag. Coming home to play against the Hapless Bills is the best thing that could happen to us. Jets beat Miami and it's a 3 way tie for 1st place. I can't believe how much of a sure thing this one is.
    Posted by ewhite1065

That was last week's scenario. Could we see a repeat? Swagger is left to the players and not the fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Your still a Troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Buffalo.....at home....coming off a loss....we're NOT losing this game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by shenanigan

that is a good reason for hope...

i have a to point this out though...the difference then is that nobody in the league understood all the magic that the hc had up his sleeve.  over five years after that, this hc's tendencies were probably dissected and studied the most in the labs all over the league. when other understood how he worked, he was just no mad scientist anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts