So - who was it that wanted to dump Edelman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

So - who was it that wanted to dump Edelman?

OK folks - fess up all you posters who thought Edelman should be dumped. 7 for 79 and two TDs. 

Never said he was a game changer, but he provides a poor man's WW as receiver and one of the best PRs around. Now if he can only stay healthy.

D. Amendola had a very nice WW like performance as well with 10 for 104. As for the rest ... lets hope Gronk is back soon. Vereen had a nice game 101 rushing and another 58 receiving. After that a bunch of rookies just had a learning moment.

Defense played pretty well - 14 points allowed and bottled up the running game pretty well. I suspect the rush was pretty controlled to contain Manuel rather than all out attempt to sack. 286 total yards is not to shabby either.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: So - who was it that wanted to dump Edelman?

I did. he had a great game. hats off to him but I still feel that when the new receivers catch on other he will only be the punt returner. Thompkins struggled. when Brady gets confidence in him Edleman wont start receiver.  my opinion

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I said it early in the preseason. I just hope he stays healthy and continues to contribute.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't remember the calls for him to be dumped, but I do recall many of us saying that he isn't all that good.  We'll see what the future games bring for him.  This one was very good.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

I've never seen so many Pats fans look to point blame at players who help our team win games.

It's really, really strange.

Darelle Revis and Co just lost to the Jets and Geno Smith.

Like you do with Brady?!?  Really!?! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SAID THAT... LOL.

Tell us again how the pass was behind Sudield! Keep spinning... one person might be convinced who didn't see the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The people who wanted Edelman gone are the same gutsy who wanted Slater cut. Some people only care about fantasy points, not the guys who make the play that set up those fantasy points. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The people who wanted Edelman gone are the same gutsy who wanted Slater cut. Some people only care about fantasy points, not the guys who make the play that set up those fantasy points. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola

Who wanted Slater cut?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

- TheMANdola

I agree.... But they are msotly knee jerk statements when a rookie makes a play in preseason.... Lots of people jump the gun.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Edelman is simply a player. The guy works hard and does what is needed. Need a CB? Ok, go ahead Edelman. Need a punt returner? Go for it, Edelman. Need a kick returner? Not bad at that either. How about a slot receiver? Oh yeah, he isn't bad at that either.

The guy has heart and it shows through his play. One of my favorites.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I thought he would get cut this year. He and Amendola saved the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

OK folks - fess up all you posters who thought Edelman should be dumped. 7 for 79 and two TDs. 

Never said he was a game changer, but he provides a poor man's WW as receiver and one of the best PRs around. Now if he can only stay healthy.

D. Amendola had a very nice WW like performance as well with 10 for 104. As for the rest ... lets hope Gronk is back soon. Vereen had a nice game 101 rushing and another 58 receiving. After that a bunch of rookies just had a learning moment.

Defense played pretty well - 14 points allowed and bottled up the running game pretty well. I suspect the rush was pretty controlled to contain Manuel rather than all out attempt to sack. 286 total yards is not to shabby either.

I don't recall people here calling for him to be dumped. I think while trying to see how the roster would shake out his name came up. Most people here saw him making the team because of his versatility but not because he's some offensive dynamo. He had a good gm today and hopefully he has 15 more just like today.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OUTPLAYED Welkie. Yep. So did Amendola. In fact, Baltimore's D is worse than Baltimore's out of the gate, IMO.  At least Buffalo has some excuses with Byrd and Gilmore out. And, they have some continuity to work with, while flimsy Balt, does not.

Superior punt returner, clutch, doesn't fumble or drop balls and saves us a roster spot.

TCal, Babe, and all other losers who want to scour our roster to deflect from Brady's mistakes, please come forward and be genuine for once in your life.

Hahaha, it's funny to watch you try and justify a dumb decesion by BB.

Edelman was the best receiver on the field today.  Too bad, because that isn't saying much.  You make fun of Welker dropping passes, Welker dropped less the 1 a game, Edelman had how many today?  A sure TD catch too.  He is on pace for 45 drops this season.  And Edelman still can't make adjustments that real receivers can make.  And he is still catching passes into the body, becasue he doesn't trust his hands.

Edleman terrible decision not to fair catch the last punt.  Could have been a horrible, game over!

This Bills defense isn't good, the veteran wr's should have had a monster game.  Neither Amendola or Edelman showed any sign of versatility today.

Pats better find some receivers in a hurry.  When Edelman is your best WR, that is freaking scary!  And I like Edelman, thank goodness he helped pull out that ugly win today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Edelman is simply a player. The guy works hard and does what is needed. Need a CB? Ok, go ahead Edelman. Need a punt returner? Go for it, Edelman. Need a kick returner? Not bad at that either. How about a slot receiver? Oh yeah, he isn't bad at that either.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Absolutely gotta love him as a player.  Huge heart, willing to do anything to get out on that field.  Gives it his all.  He just isn't really good at any one thing and that hurts a bit.  But yes, I agree with everything you said about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

(a response to Rusty)

Remember!  A pile of dung by another other name stinks just as badly.

Full blown ignore on this nutjob is still in effect for me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Me too. He doesn't get any credit either.

Nink, Arrington and Edelman, etc. All players who people bash for some sick reason.   

They should be happy they have players like this on the team.

Like you do with Brady? Man you are the most hypocritical person on this board. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Me too. He doesn't get any credit either.

Nink, Arrington and Edelman, etc. All players who people bash for some sick reason.   

They should be happy they have players like this on the team.

Like you do with Brady? Man you are the most hypocritical person on this board. 

NO way...that would be the fool who claimed he was leaving here for good then showed up back here less than a week later...on game day no less.....that would make him a LYING HYPOCRITICAL person

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Edleman and Arrington saved the game. Special mention to Amendola. Edleman averaged 10 yards on punt returns with a long of 16. My point when I didnt think he'd make it was theres better punt returners. I still feel that we could have got one back when. yay for his heart. I hope it lasts. ST was a weakness last year and I hope we upgraded this year. I didnt see it. What I did see was we didnt give up the big pass play.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was at camp the first day Edelman came back from his latest injury, I thought he was one of the best players on the field...that's the problem though, if Edelman is one of your best receivers you're in trouble. I said in the thoughts heading into the Buffalo game that Edelman and Vareen would be focal points, they were because there is a lot of inexperience and question marks at this point. I'll take the win and hold my breath every time Amendola catches a ball that he will get back up without holding some part of his body...Edelman too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

OUTPLAYED Welkie. Yep. So did Amendola. In fact, Baltimore's D is worse than Baltimore's out of the gate, IMO.  At least Buffalo has some excuses with Byrd and Gilmore out. And, they have some continuity to work with, while flimsy Balt, does not.

Superior punt returner, clutch, doesn't fumble or drop balls and saves us a roster spot.

TCal, Babe, and all other losers who want to scour our roster to deflect from Brady's mistakes, please come forward and be genuine for once in your life.

Russ, you idiot!

How in the world can Amendola or Edelman have great games without Brady.  Please answer this question - Do you want the pats to get rid of Brady? 

Your team barely beat Buffalo - a has been team in the NFL.  No big deal to me, but for a guy like you who thinks Belichick never does wrong, never drafts wrong. He barely won and wouldn't have had Brady not led the team downfield. 

BTW - explain how Baltimore's D is worse than Baltimore?  Thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts