so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom...

Perhaps the talk of ben's greatness are premature...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom...

In Response to so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom...:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps the talk of ben's greatness are premature...
    Posted by Haxker[/QUOTE]

who started the talk anyway? there is no way he's in TB league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well everything I wanted to happen in these play-offs took place...Well sort of...At least the Steelers did not get #7. Yeah...this sucks...Go '11 Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Big Ben has been to two super bowls since we last won a playoff game.  He didnt get intimidated by the Jets like our  QB was, even though his offensive line is awful.

Many Pats fan have become what they always accused Colts fans of being.  Now we are excited about Brady's MVP's,  just like Colts fans celebrated all of those Manning MVP's. 

These two teams in tonights Super Bowl are everything the Pats are not,  tough and physical. They do not have the worst pass  and 3rd down defense in NFL.   The Pats didnt belong in this game, especially after letting the Jets defense bully them on offense, and letting Mark Sanchez throw the ball all over the field...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Actually Big Ben is now in the same category as Tom & Peyton as all 3 QB's were former Superbowl winners but have now suffered a SB loss. So which of the 3 or any will ever win another SB? I don't think any of them will win another one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom...:
    [QUOTE]Actually Big Ben is now in the same category as Tom & Peyton as all 3 QB's were former Superbowl winners but have now suffered a SB loss. So which of the 3 or any will ever win another SB? I don't think any of them will win another one.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]

WOW, you know something we don't?  Neither the Pats, Steelers or Packers are on the decline.  Each QB has many more years of quality play left in them and Brady has the youngest team behind him.  The Pats are looking good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Big Ben has been to two super bowls since we last won a playoff game.  He didnt get intimidated by the Jets like our  QB was, even though his offensive line is awful. Many Pats fan have become what they always accused Colts fans of being.  Now we are excited about Brady's MVP's,  just like Colts fans celebrated all of those Manning MVP's.  These two teams in tonights Super Bowl are everything the Pats are not,  tough and physical. They do not have the worst pass  and 3rd down defense in NFL.   The Pats didnt belong in this game, especially after letting the Jets defense bully them on offense, and letting Mark Sanchez throw the ball all over the field...
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

Wow, I dont get what you got from this.  We played badly against the Jets, but intimidated?  Not from my view.  Oh, and we kicked the crud out of those "tough, physical" Steelers.  We beat the Packers, but I don't feel we would have if Rodgers was playing.  Never know, but that was my feeling at the time.  Don't put so much on a Jet win in the playoffs.  Yes, they did everything they needed to do for a win, but the Patriots contributed with drops, flops, and generally poor play.  I feel we are going to be stronger next year for sure, and I don't think the Jets will be as good.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]  He didnt get intimidated by the Jets like our  QB was, even though his offensive line is awful. 

ok, im just going to say this because i think your stupid

Mr. Rape vs the jets in the ACF title game 10-19 133 yards, 2 ints.
    Brady vs the jets in the div round : 29-45 299 yards, 2 TDS 1 Int.

In short, Drink a nice tall glass of shut the funk up, maybe watch the games a bit, and put the crack pipe down.

Big ben is like that home run hitter, he might look like crap alot but sometimes he hits a homerun, and tonight he struck out looking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom... : WOW, you know something we don't?  Neither the Pats, Steelers or Packers are on the decline.  Each QB has many more years of quality play left in them and Brady has the youngest team behind him.  The Pats are looking good.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Well I don't think the Tom will win another SB b/c he doesn't win anymore in the postseason as he hasn't been the same since 2004 postseason. Big Ben is just overrated and he really didn't do much in the previous 2 Superbowl wins and Peyton Manning may have the best shot at winning another one if his receivers get healthy again. But really I wouldn't count on any of the 3 winning another title as I can't remember the last time a former SB winning QB who then became a loser and then became a winner again. You might have to go back to the 70's with the Dallas Cowboys Roger Staubauck who was the last to regain the SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom... : ok, im just going to say this because i think your stupid Mr. Rape vs the jets in the ACF title game 10-19 133 yards, 2 ints. Brady vs the jets in the div round : 29-45 299 yards, 2 TDS 1 Int. In short, Drink a nice tall glass of shut the funk up, maybe watch the games a bit, and put the crack pipe down. Big ben is like that home run hitter, he might look like crap alot but sometimes he hits a homerun, and tonight he struck out looking.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Like Bill Belichick said: Stats are for losers!  It doesnt matter if Big Ben had 2 picks  in the Jets game, he still made the big plays.  Did you see them going on fourth down  with 2:00  to go with a lead?  Or were you blind?  Ben made the big plays and didnt get intimidated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom... : Well I don't think the Tom will win another SB b/c he doesn't win anymore in the postseason as he hasn't been the same since 2004 postseason. Big Ben is just overrated and he really didn't do much in the previous 2 Superbowl wins and Peyton Manning may have the best shot at winning another one if his receivers get healthy again. But really I wouldn't count on any of the 3 winning another title as I can't remember the last time a former SB winning QB who then became a loser and then became a winner again. You might have to go back to the 70's with the Dallas Cowboys Roger Staubauck who was the last to regain the SB.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]
    Ummm...does Joe Montana and the 49ers ring a bell?  Even though he did not lose a SB, he and the 49ers went into a swoon for a few years and they came back and won a couple more SBs. You seem quite confident in your opinion with no facts to back it up other than your opinion.  Also, Brady does not win the SB by himself, it is a TEAM thing.  You saying the Pats aren't going to get back to the SB at all?  You are a Jets fan, right.. so I take your opinion with a huge amount of salt!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I mean, the guy has MADE IT to the Super Bowl 3 times...that's gotta count for something.

Sheesh, we all know Brady is great, but he makes his share of mistakes, and he's not the only good QB in the league. Giving other guys their just props does not take away from Brady in any way whatsoever.

I'm not a fan of Ben's off the field antics, but if Brady went down and we could have Ben replace him ON the field, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He will make mistakes, but the guy is an ff'ing competitor who plays hurt and gives it everything he's got.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Turd is Jim Plunkett.  He;s a guy in a very good organization with two rings. 

So, what was Rapelisturd's QB rating when it was all said and done?

Everything that comes out of Pitt is overrated. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from molten37. Show molten37's posts

A Quaterback that lost and then comeback to win...does John Elway ring a bell. Do your homework.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so yeah, Big Ben is in the same league as Tom... : Yes they were intimidated.  Thats happened in the last 3 playoff games. If the opposing defense has a good game plan then our offense has no answers.  They dont make any adjustments.  You can't tell that they werent confused during that 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter, one that didnt result in any points!  That was simply awful.   All of our wide recievers do the same thing and cannot go down the field. Did Brady throw a single pass over 15 yards in that game? When did we beat those tough physical Steelers? In the regular season, and that doesn't matter once you are in the playoffs.  Didn't we also destroy the Jets 45-3 in the reg season? How did that work out in the playoffs. Don't get me started on the Pats defense. If the Steelers defense held the Pack to 24 points, and thats with Pitt committing 3 turnovers. How would the Pats defense have done? Rodgers might have put up 50 on the Pats defense, without a doubt.

A little volatile this morning, no?

You do realize that vanuted STeelers D allowed 31 points, and it probably SHOULD have been more like 45 if not for a multitude of wide open dropped balls, one by Jones which would have been a 60 yard TD, correct?

Barring those drops, that game is a runaway.  Keep in mind, people rave about the Steelers D.

NE was 9th in points allowed average on the back end of a rebuilding phase.

Please try to realize what's happening here.

NE is trending UP, Pitt now trending down.

When Dick LeBeau retires next month, we'll see how good Pitt's D is in the future and we'll see how vocal you are when NE moves forward with theirs.

NE opened as FAVORITES for the SB next year at 10-1.

GB is 11-1.

GB actually reminds me of NE in a lot of ways. NE just needs a DE and OLB infusion with the better pass rush.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Turd is Jim Plunkett.  He;s a guy in a very good organization with two rings.  So, what was Rapelisturd's QB rating when it was all said and done? Everything that comes out of Pitt is overrated. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Not Greg "Avoid" Lloyd. That guy was awesome. Levon Kirkland too. 300 lbs LB who actually can run? Yes please.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

PhatRex, why are you using "Patsman2" today?

Isn't there a way for us to see you dancing around here in all your Jets glory?

Yes, the loser of the SB trends downward in upcoming seasons.  Yes.

Read history much, Phatty?

Steelers gave up 24 points.  My bad.  24.

And like we saw, it was FAR WORSE than just the 24.  5-6 drops, one for a slam dunk 60 yard TD means it far worse than just the 24 allowed.

If NE is improving their record from 11-5/10-6 to 14-2, how is this not trending upward, especially during a rebuilding phase?  lol

Care to show us that fanastic IQ any further, Phat Rex?

"Us real Pats fans".

Priceless.  Who do you think believes you are not Phat Rex?  lol

How funny is it that NY fans entertain themselves as poseur Boston fans?

Get a life, kid.  It's time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE] Lets see that upward Trend: 2007  Super Bowl Lost 2008  Missed Playoffs 2009  Lost first round 2010  Lost Divisional round
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Just want to point out something here for you chief

2007 lost the superbowl(no team has made it back the year after losing since the bills)

2008 missed the playoffs after losing brady for the year
    2009 improved to losing in the first round (thats just like moving up no?)
    2010 Improved to losing in the divisional round all while having the youngest defense in the league, And a whole new offense.(hey they moved up another step)

thats a trend, and its a trend that looks to be going upwards. next year it will be afc title game, or superbowl.

And to the asshat who still says brady was intimidated by the jets, and to ignore stats. What about dropped passes? crump dropped a TD, branch dropped a first down in the 4th quarter. brady was not intimidated he played fine and made the throws when they mattered, what it comes down to is those good throws were dropped.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think it's funny it takes NE to play a poor game and NY only wins by 7 points, yet this will go down as NY's biggest win since the SB in 1969.

lol

I hope you enjoyed your time in the sun, Patsman2/Phat Rex.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ben has won two championships, almost a third last night.  Certainly can be mentioned right now with top QB's, surly a lot more then Rodgers can be. I just shake my head with all the talk about how great Rodgers is. C'mon now!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]PhatRex, why are you using "Patsman2" today? Isn't there a way for us to see you dancing around here in all your Jets glory? Yes, the loser of the SB trends downward in upcoming seasons.  Yes. Read history much, Phatty? Steelers gave up 24 points.  My bad.  24. And like we saw, it was FAR WORSE than just the 24.  5-6 drops, one for a slam dunk 60 yard TD means it far worse than just the 24 allowed. If NE is improving their record from 11-5/10-6 to 14-2, how is this not trending upward, especially during a rebuilding phase?  lol Care to show us that fanastic IQ any further, Phat Rex? "Us real Pats fans". Priceless.  Who do you think believes you are not Phat Rex?  lol How funny is it that NY fans entertain themselves as poseur Boston fans? Get a life, kid.  It's time.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

There trending up because there regular season record is improving????  Wait the Steelers went from 9-7 to 12-4 so they must be trending up too!!! No!!!!! Not in Rusty's mind. 

See NE is trending up because they improved in the regular season but the Steelers are trending down becaue they improved in the regular season.  HUH???  That's Rusty logic for you!!!!

Wow just Wow.  Would love to see if an Indy guy made that arguement how you would handle it.  Trending up is not going from the Super Bowl to not winning any playoff games.