SO...about those Bengals.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

SO...about those Bengals.

So as some of you may know, I thought the Bengals had the best shot outside the Pats of beating the Broncos, and thought the Bengals would beat HOU.

1. Dalton is looking like he's destined to be the next Flacco/Sanchez/Schaub if he is not already. Just looks like he is playing scared.

2. Same thing with the play calling. Marvin Lewis is 0-3 in the playoffs, first loss I will discount because they lost their starting QB early, but the other two they lost with overly conservative game plans. My bad, I thought Marvin Lewis would learn from his mistakes and stretch this thin HOU secondary.

3. I still think that Bengals defense is pretty good. They did a good job for the most part containing that HOU offense. But when a D is on the field for 40 minutes because the QB can't throw a pass for over 10 yards, you're going to get tired.

Unfortunately for the Bengals, they made the post season, so the owner will probably retain that coaching staff for another year. 

Boom. I was wrong with my Bengals prediction. Hate watching these scared teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: SO...about those Bengals.

Wasn't the worst prediction in the world. Houston didn't exactly set the world on fire. But Cinci clearly played "not to lose." Got to get the ball to your best weapon, AJ Green, before the second half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Some Bengals fans think Mike Brown is the real problem over there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So as some of you may know, I thought the Bengals had the best shot outside the Pats of beating the Broncos, and thought the Bengals would beat HOU.

1. Dalton is looking like he's destined to be the next Flacco/Sanchez/Schaub if he is not already. Just looks like he is playing scared.

RESPONSE: Flacco is better than any in the group you mention. Schaub isn't that bad. Sanchez had absolutely nothing around him this season...no weapons, and poor coaching. His career might be salvaged, if he gets with the right team. Dalton stinks. Count the Bengals amongst the teams that need a QB.  

2. Same thing with the play calling. Marvin Lewis is 0-3 in the playoffs, first loss I will discount because they lost their starting QB early, but the other two they lost with overly conservative game plans. My bad, I thought Marvin Lewis would learn from his mistakes and stretch this thin HOU secondary.

RESPONSE: Though I incorrectly picked the Bengals to cover the 4.5 point spread, I did point out in my analysis that I didn't have much faith in Dalton and Marvin Lewis. Today, you saw why. Can somebody tell me why Bengals' OC, Jay Gruden, is a candidate to become a head coach? Is this simply a case of name recognition? If the Bengals had a coherent offensive game plan today, I didn't see it. 

3. I still think that Bengals defense is pretty good. They did a good job for the most part containing that HOU offense. But when a D is on the field for 40 minutes because the QB can't throw a pass for over 10 yards, you're going to get tired.

RESPONSE: The Bengals "D" is solid. But, a championship caliber team needs an offense, too. The Bengals offense was outscored by their defense, 7-6. This was a game that Cincinnati could have, and would have won...had they had a decent QB.    

Unfortunately for the Bengals, they made the post season, so the owner will probably retain that coaching staff for another year. 

RESPONSE: Marvin Lewis kind of reminds me of Tony Dungy. Though his players like him, he's not that great of a coach. Unlike Dungy, Lewis doesn't have Peyton Manning to run his offense. Job one for the Bengals is to find a QB.  

Boom. I was wrong with my Bengals prediction. Hate watching these scared teams.

RESPONSE: I don't think that the Bengals were "scared". It's just very hard to win in the NFL without a competent QB.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some Bengals fans think Mike Brown is the real problem over there.

[/QUOTE]

They are dead wrong. Brown has done a terrific job of building his team. That Carson Palmer trade with the Raiders was highway robbery! But...Brown has yet to find his franchise QB. Andy Dalton is not the answer.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dalton has 19 wins and 2 playoff appearances in only a 2 year career. i don't think the organization is ready to give up on him just yet lol

[/QUOTE]

He's still doing worse than Sanchez's first two seasons!

I didn't say they should give up on Dalton yet. However, he plays small in big games, I do not forsee any rings on his hand as a starter. I think it's time to let Marvin go though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabePariIIi. Show BabePariIIi's posts

LMAO@ Marvin Lewis.  Why would you hand the ball off to Benny?  He cripples that offense with his average skill set.  I tuned in over here after bingo night at Magnolia Manor and I saw he had a 29 yard run.  Who does that?  That screams average.  Should have just let Andy Dalton sling it for 30 yards like Tom would have done.  

Benny is the sole reason for the Patriots demise last season as well as the Bengals failure this season.  Average backs don't win you championships.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In fairness to Dalton his offensive line did little to protect him. Hard to get the ball downfield to Green with Watt wrapped around your waist. 

End of the day the better team won....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Houston looked like total crap, they played terrible, did absolutely nothing special, and they still easily dominated the Bengals. 

Watching that game, I was amazed that either of these teams ended up with a winning record in the regular season. 

Just goes to show that the NFL has become a QB's league.  If you have a good QB and a lousy team, you can have success.  If you have a great team, but a bad QB, you have no chance.

Just look at the differences between the Broncos and Colts from last year to this year. 

Bengals have a crap QB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Same old Bungals

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dalton has 19 wins and 2 playoff appearances in only a 2 year career. i don't think the organization is ready to give up on him just yet lol

[/QUOTE]

You watch him throw the ball today? I don't care if he had 100 wins in 16 games, you can't have your guy throwing the football like that in a playoff game, you'll have no chance. I'd venture to guess that their defense has more to do with them making the palyoffs the last two years. I swear to god you could of got a guy off the street that would of thrown the deep ball better than Dalton did today.

Didn't Flacco make the playoffs his first two years? I think Sanchez did too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Those Bengals... They are who We thought they were!!  Don't belong in the playoffs as they showed today.  They had nothing for the Texans yet they were a couple plays of winning! What does this say about the Texans!?!?! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Bengals' pass rushing is why I gave them a shot, that's supposed to be a stength, but Dalton seems to be an noncompensatory weakness. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Texans, this is Houston Ground Control..  The Patriots aren't the Bengals....  those open receivers the Bengals had against you, they'll be catching footballs when you play the Pats and Brady..  OH OH!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

hard to believe thet made the playoffs. they looked like crap yesterday, but texans didn't look any better