Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

In response to "Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?": Woozy, You said Pats have pro bowl players across the line. I said that if ranking individual players along the line, using the #16 ranking as the "average player", that Connolly, Wendell and Solder would rank below #16 in the ranking. I also think Gronk is average at best as a blocker, and that Hernandez is non existent as a blocker. I have not seen a lot of Fells as a blocker, but it seems that he was pulled for Graham in blocking situations. Your last statement saying that Cannon can slide over and replace Waters makes me question not only your football acumen, but your sanity. Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE] I don't believe Graham and Fells were ever on the same team together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

In Response to Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?:
    [QUOTE]The real "problem" with this place is the knee jerk/hyper extreme reaction to everything. Every new player is the next coming of Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders (see Demps, Ebner, Ebert), the players that have been playing well are now suddenly falling off (see Gronk, Solder, Chung?) and the sky seems to be falling EVERY pre-season, yet somehow we always seem to be OK.  Do you realize I've been here for over a decade doing this same song and dance in the pre-season? How about a small spoonful of objectivity and relativity... that would be unique.  But I guess this board is a microcosm of society at large.  And you guys do realize pre-season is practice right?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

lol.  Without the drama, this board would be frightfully boring.  I think the arguing makes people feel important because they want their opinions to be heard. The more insulting one can be, the more credence it lends to ones opinions; regardless whether they are correct or not....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?:
    [QUOTE]"maybe if gronk was powerlifting with top trainers all offseason and working on blocking technique instead of bedding teens allegedly in aruba he would be strong enough and have techniqe enough to not be overpowered. those who defend him for his age, ive been training all these years since i was a teen wihthout a pro football job. those who want to be dedicated to their craft, can be." Bredbru  Ok, so now Gronk doesn't have the proper work ethic because he was beat on 1 play....not because he is a human being or anything. Hey maybe you could send Gronk an outline of your work out plan so he can figure out what it takes to have a real commitment to excellence. Oh btw, if your above statement is an example of {keeping it real} so to speak I will choose to continue on with my rose colored glasses and see things in a positive light....seeing as how we have won more games then any team in NFL history over the last decade I guess my perception in this case is actually a reality. 1 more thing big cat. Can you please stop thanking everyboody for their posts. It really just annoys the he!! out of me....thanks for your post. Mthurtl, Sorry we all can't be on your page. Maybe later I'll drink a pint of kentucky bourbon for breakfast, pop a few barbiturates and get some clarity on how bad the outlook really is.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

hey, its courtesy fo me to read what people feel, offering up their thoughts (when they arent personal attacks). you may just have to ignore it. i know being positive to other human beings is not a socially acceptable behavior among males. (but here, only saying feel good things is what many expect. its a bit ironic). 

i enjoy celebrating things with our fans, sharing analysis, and observing the promising and the worrisome. 

overnight i thought about the gronk post, as i recalled gronk's ankle injury. i erased the post on that alone. i stand by the sentiment that some work at their craft all non-season (rookie or no). you may imagine who comes to mind in any sport who are like this. age is not an excuse. pro athletes have a unique opportunity with their talent and physique. the ones who really get that and use it best, and are grateful, are more rare than not unfortunately.

have a good day.
    (i know that's being positive, but i cant help myself)
    enjoy life man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?": So why aren't you a professional football player? Doesn't sound like what you're doing is working, maybe you should ask Gronk advice.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

you know, it works for my fitness and health. thanks for the perssonal concern.

good genes make football players (especially size).
    i'm one that hopes gronk goes down as one of the best te's ever and retires here.
    let's try and treat one anoher in a positive light. we are a community

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game now.  It's not that bad.  Missed assignments, mis-communication, it's all fixable.  Maybe it's better people are getting after us this early.  This is the new blueprint for beating the Patriots.  Just like BB going for it on 4th and 2 on his own 30, NOW is the time to get this fixed, because THESE GAMES DONT COUNT.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

let's hope

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]The real "problem" with this place is the knee jerk/hyper extreme reaction to everything. Every new player is the next coming of Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders (see Demps, Ebner, Ebert), the players that have been playing well are now suddenly falling off (see Gronk, Solder, Chung?) and the sky seems to be falling EVERY pre-season, yet somehow we always seem to be OK.  Do you realize I've been here for over a decade doing this same song and dance in the pre-season? How about a small spoonful of objectivity and relativity... that would be unique.  But I guess this board is a microcosm of society at large.  And you guys do realize pre-season is practice right?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Right on. ...  Now everyone take a deep breath.

Now answer the following question: if you could trade this team, players, coaches and all, for any other, would you? I know I wouldn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?": Woozy, You said Pats have pro bowl players across the line. I said that if ranking individual players along the line, using the #16 ranking as the "average player", that Connolly, Wendell and Solder would rank below #16 in the ranking. I also think Gronk is average at best as a blocker, and that Hernandez is non existent as a blocker. I have not seen a lot of Fells as a blocker, but it seems that he was pulled for Graham in blocking situations. Your last statement saying that Cannon can slide over and replace Waters makes me question not only your football acumen, but your sanity.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

RKarp - I can not agree. I think Solder looked exceptional as a rookie and I fully expect a solid year as a starter. Connolly is sound as a guard and a center and run blocking and pass blocking. Because he is soild all around and at two positions I would say he is more like a 12 or 13. And I don't know what the upside is. Gronk is clealry a VERY good blocker. I would say for starting TEs he is a 3-6 blocker. If you want to rate him against "blocking" TEs, some of whom are not good enough all around to start I would say he is a 6-9.

Wendell is a back up, not a starter. But if I were to rank him as a back up I would say somewhere around 12-15 (in part due to his versatility).

Cannon may be having a bad showing in preseason games but I think he showed some good stuff last year and if it were not for the illness he would have been picked much much higher - and had a more impressive season last year. Questioning someone's football IQ for thinking Cannon can play guard I think is to question BBs! I think Cannon is better suited to G in the NFL than as a T.

OK so this is my own opinion. But it is based on watching every single game. And it is backed up some by BBs keeping these players and making it work even when other players are hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?": Woozy, You said Pats have pro bowl players across the line. I said that if ranking individual players along the line, using the #16 ranking as the "average player", that Connolly, Wendell and Solder would rank below #16 in the ranking. I also think Gronk is average at best as a blocker, and that Hernandez is non existent as a blocker. I have not seen a lot of Fells as a blocker, but it seems that he was pulled for Graham in blocking situations. Your last statement saying that Cannon can slide over and replace Waters makes me question not only your football acumen, but your sanity.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Mankin's and Water's are perennial Pro Bowlers, Vollmer made 2nd team All Pro his sophomore year.  If Solder is below 16th among young tackle prospects then who are the 15 above?

The guy played at every position across the line including center his rookie season, if you think that's easy, get real.  He blew up every athletic measurable on ESPN's Sport Science segment that the host referred him the ultimate tackle prospect, he runs better than most tight ends and could play tight end effectively if needed (which he also did last year). You might chew your nails off watching the O Line shake the rust off this pre-season but don't expect us all to buy into it.

OK Gronk, Hernandez and Fells all stink at blocking?  If you say so...

The only argument for why Gronk might not be the best all purpose tight end in the NFL may be the Saints Jimmy Graham, but you'd have to be a Saints fan to want him over Gronk.  Saying Gronk can't block or Hernandez (who is a fullback) is stupid.  Fell's only reputation is as a solid blocker and average receiver.  Sorry if that makes you question my sanity...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]A few of my thoughts about the OLine, specifically: -Under Scar and BB, NE has NEVER run out anything less than a 'solid' line. It simply hasn't happened. That, alone, makes me give them the benefit of the doubt until games start. Brady is annually one of the lesser sacked QBs. -I look at preseason football for OLineman like spring training baseball for pitchers. It's not always the results, sometimes you have to work on things, regardless of what the guy across from you is doing. Maybe Solder has been working on something specific with his footing. It wouldn't be so obvious to us fans, but it could impact his effectiveness while he's ironing some things out. The whole team needs reps. I heard Matt Chatham on the radio between games 1 and 2. According to him, when he compared how many practices teams used to hold, how many times guys could line up in pads in the past compared to what is allowed under the new CBA...he said, at that point after the first game, they had logged fewer practices by that point than previous teams had before the first preseason game. That seem confusing, basically, because of the new CBA, teams simply are not allowed to practice as frequently as years past. Younger players suffer more, and larger groups that need to work cohesively, like the OLine, I would expect to take longer to get going as well. Once the games matter, BB will work out game plans that minimize any flaws, and maximize their strengths, as he always does. If that means a lot of 3 step drops and back to the quick hitter offense, so be itm they certainly have the receivers to do it. To make a short answer longer, I wouldn't woryry about the OLine unil games matter and we start seeing Brady peel himself off the turf.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Connolly-Cannon represents a whole new right side of the line.

I'm hoping for Waters-Vollmer, or at least Connolly-Vollmer, but guys do need to play together because teams will scheme to try to confuse them and it's only after seeing a lot of different looks that linemen know what the guys around them are going to do.

Sections
Shortcuts