Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

ridley's potential i did foresee first preseason last year
    demps potential i foresaw as soon as it was a rumor (saw him at florida)
    mallet's rise i began to see against eagles

the depth of the o line struggles - did not
    the 2 safeties going out - did not
    did i hear arrington got dinged too..

good thing we got wilson and ebner to plug in at safety.

still gonna want some starting caliber cb help (hope we dont wait till draft)

brady seems like he needs more reps.

mankins, vollmer and waters cant lineup fast enough.
    how much longer do they give cannon a shot at backup rt tackle? hes still acting like hes a guard at best (my guess they try him there for at least another year).

when brady gets well greased the offense should be tremendous if mcd is half good.

thing is, if you let him get reps before the line gets better, he might get killed.
    (i might make him get his reps in practice and not in game 4).

the d just needs some more reps (and maybe more depth on the line)

big work in progress.

by the way, anyne else notice jones get held on almost every play, but rarely ever will his man get called? bb or the org needs to send some tape to the head of referees.

what are yoru presonal notes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

A few of my thoughts about the OLine, specifically:

-Under Scar and BB, NE has NEVER run out anything less than a 'solid' line. It simply hasn't happened. That, alone, makes me give them the benefit of the doubt until games start. Brady is annually one of the lesser sacked QBs.

-I look at preseason football for OLineman like spring training baseball for pitchers. It's not always the results, sometimes you have to work on things, regardless of what the guy across from you is doing. Maybe Solder has been working on something specific with his footing. It wouldn't be so obvious to us fans, but it could impact his effectiveness while he's ironing some things out.

The whole team needs reps. I heard Matt Chatham on the radio between games 1 and 2. According to him, when he compared how many practices teams used to hold, how many times guys could line up in pads in the past compared to what is allowed under the new CBA...he said, at that point after the first game, they had logged fewer practices by that point than previous teams had before the first preseason game. That seem confusing, basically, because of the new CBA, teams simply are not allowed to practice as frequently as years past. Younger players suffer more, and larger groups that need to work cohesively, like the OLine, I would expect to take longer to get going as well.

Once the games matter, BB will work out game plans that minimize any flaws, and maximize their strengths, as he always does. If that means a lot of 3 step drops and back to the quick hitter offense, so be itm they certainly have the receivers to do it.

To make a short answer longer, I wouldn't woryry about the OLine unil games matter and we start seeing Brady peel himself off the turf.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?

I still prefer Vereen to Ridley. I like Vereens speed and ability to score any time he touches the ball. Ridley to my eye is a grinder, and will play like Benny. Nothing wrong with that, buti prefer the scoring threat that Vereen is I look at the OL 1 thru 8 or 9 to draw conclusions. Last year Connolly was 6 and Solder 7 and a healthy Wendell maybe at 8. I think the Gallery situation really is a set back. This year 6,7,8 really drop off . I didn't like the Gregory signing at first. I still don't. Pats need playmakers in the back 4. Gregory is solid, but not a playmaker, and it appears that no one else is either. I think Lloyd is very solid. Not a star WR. How will he act if he doesn't get the targets he is used to? The play of the OL makes me think the Pats 3rd TE needs to be more an OL type. Fells isn't that type of player, and none of the Pats TE's are above average blockers Brace and Lovie have played better than I thought. Along with Vince, they should make this line a tough line to run against. It would not surprise me if Cunningham can stay healthy eventually replaces Nink and get more snaps. I also like Carpenter a lot. I never saw Stallworths talent translate onto the field, even in 2007, when he was eventually replaced by Gaffney as the 3rd WR option It would not surprise me to see Mesko in the pro bowl

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pre-season is practice, it's for shaking off the rust. The O Line looked horrid in game 1, average to poor at times in game 2 and by the start of the regular season will be tops in the league once again.  They're working in new people, getting used to running the ball once again, reviving some old plays.

Solder looked fine last night, a lot of the pressure was lack of execution or timing by the offense as a whole.  All this hand wringing is for naught...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ridley is far more explosive out of his cuts than BJGE. I really like the way Ridley runs. I like what I've seen frm Vereen too, but I think Ridley is the main back. Vereen is going to be more the change of pace, passing down guy I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ridely can also catch the ball like a receiver....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Someone mentioned that Scar and Belichick never fielded a team with an offensive line that was poor...not true. Belichick's first year here - when Armstrong was essentially coming off the knee injury - was a disaster. The second year it was shaky as well when Light was a rookie - we were aided by the fact that Brady could get the ball out very quickly on short passes and screens (two thing Bledsoe could never do). Matt Light also got lots of help from tight ends and backs chipping.

I think this offense will become...screens, running the football, play action, reverses, and gimmicks until the line comes together. The thing that bother me a little bit is that they don't seem to be getting any push in the running either and I don't see that changing when Mankins comes back because of his knee. I imagine they're smart enough to figure things out, but I sure hope we don't fall behind in a game going into the fourth quarter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?:
    ridley's potential i did foresee first preseason last year demps potential i foresaw as soon as it was a rumor (saw him at florida) mallet's rise i began to see against eagles the depth of the o line struggles - did not the 2 safeties going out - did not did i hear arrington got dinged too.. good thing we got wilson and ebner to plug in at safety. still gonna want some starting caliber cb help (hope we dont wait till draft) brady seems like he needs more reps. mankins, vollmer and waters cant lineup fast enough. how much longer do they give cannon a shot at backup rt tackle? hes still acting like hes a guard at best (my guess they try him there for at least another year). when brady gets well greased the offense should be tremendous if mcd is half good. thing is, if you let him get reps before the line gets better, he might get killed. (i might make him get his reps in practice and not in game 4). the d just needs some more reps (and maybe more depth on the line) big work in progress. by the way, anyne else notice jones get held on almost every play, but rarely ever will his man get called? bb or the org needs to send some tape to the head of referees. what are yoru presonal notes?
    Posted by bredbru

What's the mystery about the Pats' OL woes? Since the beginning of training camp, I've been pointing out that the chief concern on this team was the OL. But, I'm not tooting my own horn. With LT Matt Light retired, RG Brian Waters all but retired, OC Dan Koppen seemingly a shell of what he once was, LG Logan Mankins rehabbing from knee surgery, and RT Sebastien Vollmer's chronic bad back, a blind man could see that the OL was going to be a problem.

That said, I'm confident that new LT Nate Solder will eventually come around, that LG Logan Mankins will be ready to go, and that the Pats can find answers at OC and RG. RT is the main concern. Again, as I've been pointing out almost since the beginning of training camp, Marcus Cannon is not the answer there. His skill sets make him better suited to play RG, than RT. Getting Sebastien Vollmer back at 100% is key.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've always thought there was a little overconfidence among fans in Scarnecchia's ability to turn mediocre players into good ones.  Scarnecchia is a great coach who tends to get the most out of his line, but talent matters too. My opinion is that, throughout the Belichick years, the Pats' O lines have been just moderate in talent, especially at tackle.  Two things make them look better--good coaching (complemented by smart players who respond to good coaching) and Brady's ability to make quick decisions and read the rush while still focusing downfield.  Still, guys like Kaczur and Callaghan were not the league's best right tackles; most years, we've had some issues with either the talent or health of our guards; and left tackle and center, while relatively solid, have not always been top of class.  They make up for weaknesses in talent by good team play, but against the best D lines they have struggled significantly.  Both Giants Super Bowls are examples.  I firmly believe the line will be playing relatively well once the season starts, but I do have some reservations about how this line will fare against the best defensive fronts.  It still seems a bit short of (healthy) talent to me.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Well we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Mthurl I think the offense will become screens, running the football, play action, reverses and gimmicks as well, not because of some deficiency with the O Line but rather because it's a better brand of football.  We've already seen McDaniel's running more screens, runs and power formations than we've seen since 2008, getting the ball out quickly should always be the ideal. But we've also seen plenty of shotgun formation as well. It's always been my opinion that Josh knows the playbook and the philosophical leanings of it better than anyone since Weis, and while the execution of it hasn't been perfect by any means the play calling has been spot on.

Tex, I don't know how you can state that O Line was an issue coming in. Granted Waters hasn't reported and Mankins had surgery but when you have Pro Bowl guys at EVERY position across the board (Mankins, Koppen, Waters, Vollmer) with the lone exception being Solder (the most physically gifted) how is that an issue?

Prolate early on in Belichick's tenure the team spent late round draft picks, free agents and undrafted free agents along the O Line, all we got for our troubles was 3 rings.  Over the past few years there was an obvious attempt to infuse this group with talent (Mankins, Vollmer, Solder) and we've hardly seen a drop in production.  Not to rehash old arguments but we pass more than anyone and give up the least amount of sacks annually.

I would remind you all that every year there is a fair amount of hand wringing and worry over certain position grouping but every year the O line performs. The group has been labeled the league's best for close to 5 years or more, as late as this pre-season by the "experts."

O Line requires practice together, learning not only what you are supposed to be doing but also the guy next to you. Pass blocking has been a work in progress, this is technique and knowledge more than a lack of talent. If you want a measuring stick to gauge the level of talent consider that our 1-A backs are averaging about 5.5 yards a carry in the running game, I don't see how anyone can complain we haven't run well this pre-season?

Give it time, this will all work out unless there's an overwhelming rash of injuries...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Queue the entrance music for Brian Waters...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the run blocking has generally been better than the pass blocking, though the improvement in the running game is in large part due to better talent at RB (Ridley and Vereen are much better than BJGE and Woodhead in my opinion) and more emphasis on the run, with more heavy sets.  Last year the offense lacked diversity because the RBs weren't terribly productive (either as runners or receivers) and because there wasn't much of a deep or perimeter passing game.  I think it's clear that the RBs are going to be more productive, but I'd like to see more out of the Lloyd/Gaffney/Stallworth crew.  That may require better pass blocking because Brady is not getting a lot of time to allow plays to develop down field. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What I saw:
    In case no one remembers the 1st Qtr last night, Tampa's 1's where stuffing our run like a Thanksgiving Turkey.  Our run game was inversely proportional to the level of talent Tampa had on the field.  By 2nd 1/2 we were dicing them.

What's the problem:
    What I'm saying is this current O-Line not only couldn't protect Brady but they couldn't open any lanes for the running game either.  They pretty much suck.

What's the solution:
    We need a healthy Seabass and Waters too return for starters and hopefully BB can find a few Roster Cut down OL in the next few weeks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wozzy You understand that Waters is not coming back and Koppen will most likely be cut, right? How do you translate all pro at every position? Assuming #16 is the average, I would venture to say Connolly at RG and Wendell at C rank under the 16th at their position. As of today ditto Solder. When healthy, Mankins is top 4-6, and Vollmer top 5-8, but are they healthy? The drop off at the depth level is a big drop. Each TE also is a below average blocker and the RB's so far have been very bad protecting the QB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to Solder and Cannon and the O line struggling this bad i didnt foresee.... what are your notes?:
    ridley's potential i did foresee first preseason last year demps potential i foresaw as soon as it was a rumor (saw him at florida) mallet's rise i began to see against eagles the depth of the o line struggles - did not the 2 safeties going out - did not did i hear arrington got dinged too.. good thing we got wilson and ebner to plug in at safety. still gonna want some starting caliber cb help (hope we dont wait till draft) brady seems like he needs more reps. mankins, vollmer and waters cant lineup fast enough. how much longer do they give cannon a shot at backup rt tackle? hes still acting like hes a guard at best (my guess they try him there for at least another year). when brady gets well greased the offense should be tremendous if mcd is half good. thing is, if you let him get reps before the line gets better, he might get killed. (i might make him get his reps in practice and not in game 4). the d just needs some more reps (and maybe more depth on the line) big work in progress. by the way, anyne else notice jones get held on almost every play, but rarely ever will his man get called? bb or the org needs to send some tape to the head of referees. what are yoru presonal notes?
    Posted by bredbru

Yes I saw this too, very frustrating. He was beating his man consistently, but just got held and the refs didn't call it.

Does anyone know if there is a formal process for bringing things like this to the attention of the refs (if this continues into the regular season with the non-replacement refs)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What everybody is overlooking is that Tampa, especially their first team, will be much improved over last year. They had an extraordinary amount of injuries to their defense last year. They've spent a plethora of their draft picks on defense and their head coach is a defensive coordinator.  Let's not take anything away from them, they looked impressive last night.  When they stuffed the run it was the offense's job to exploit the pass... they didn't.

Also I think there's a difference between Ridely/Bolden and their running style vs Vereen/Woody/Demps running.  Don't get me wrong Tampa's D would have stuffed the run regardless, they were attacking on every down.

Rkarp I don't know where you get 16th ranking for our offensive line, or your inside info as to whether Water's will return, I happen to think Belichick told him to take the pre-season off and he'll be walking through that door. Even if he doesn't Cannon can slide over, Vollmer can play tackle and we don't skip a beat.

Saying Gronk and Fells cant block is ludicrous...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The O line did look rancid for the most part, this could be rust,this could different pieces not yet working as one unit. The defense was less than good also. The first scrimmage I thought the D was being aggressive and physical,last night they were reacting and let runners gain 2-4 yards after contact,not acceptable. There were some bright spots  on D though; Marquis Coles held his own at DB,Eber played his spot with some fine tackling,Jones was held or facemasked almost every play and kept his cool and would've had a couple of sacks if not tackled by his shirt. The Offense had some bright spots too; Ridley is an NFL leadback I can see him rushing for 10+ TDs this year. Demps looked like the second coming of Terry Metcalf,thats a good thing to all the youngins,he can be a game changer with just one touch. Mallet is making a lot of proggress and is looking more and more like Bradys successor down the road, he reminds of Steve Young. Bolden looks like a fast bowling ball, Vereen or Woodhead might not make the team. Cut down down day 1 is Tues so we may see some personel shuffling by the time to cut to 53. I'm thinking there are going to be some cuts that raise some eye brows.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

It's stating the obvious, but this O line could really use Waters at this point. Were he to come back, and were Vollmer to get healthy they'd be fine. Barring that there are issues. Canon looks horrible. There is no way he is ready to play prime time minutes at T right now. Solder is struggling, but it seems like the talent is there and he will get it. Koppen may be done (remember, O lineman like RBs can get old in a flash). Guys like Wendell, Thomas, McDonald et al are fine as fill-ins/spot starters, but they are not the guys you want to live with as a championship contender. While the Pats OL line success in the past (including the abilities of DS) cannot be discounted, talent still plays a part in all of this, and don't think the team has faced this big a challenge in this area since the beginning of BBs reign... The WRs are not an explosive group but in this O they don't need to be. It is a veteran group and they should all be on the same page with Brady at all times. It's about precision. Great depth. As always they are minus a physically big receiver but Hernandez fills that role... One of the best parts of this offense in the past half decade has been how open and flexible it has been. Granted, Brady is aging and perhaps has lost a little on his deep ball, but there are still a lot of weapons and though ball control and having a running attack is important one hopes McDaniels doesn't get too conservative. Guys like Woodhead and Hernandez and now perhaps Demps need to be used creatively (i'm of the opinion that edelman could be utilized more in this way)... While Ridley obviously appears to be the lead back, it seems likely this will be a bit of a by committee situation, though he seems capable of handling the starter's load, taking over for BJGE...

While the loss of Fletcher is a definite blow on the inside, there is little doubt that this team looks better athletically and from a toughness standpoint at the LB/DE position. Hopefully this translates to better pass coverage from the LBS. Short term they may miss the rush skills of the Anderson/ Carter duo but they have clearly gotten better with the infusion of Jones/Nink/Hightower/Carpenter etc. Spikes looks poised to have a big year. Mayo is very good. (Don't think I've seen enough of Rivera to form a real opinion)... This is the NFL 2012 and the Pats are going to give up yards in the air but the DBS defintely look better than they have in the past 2-3 years. Chung has gotten a year older and Gregory appears like he'll be a steadying influence. They obviously don't have a shut down corner or big time playmakers back there but hopefully Arrington/ Dowling/McCourty benefit from more experience individually and as a group. Not sure who makes the final roster, but some combo of Barrett/ Moore/ Brown/Ihedigbo will also hopefully add to the continuity and Allen brings versatility and experience to the table. If even one of the kids (Wilson/ Ebner/Dennard) can emerge this has the potential to be a pretty good group. They won't lead the league statistically, but even slightly above average would be a real improvement... Depth on the DL may be a bit of a concern, though no problem with Love and Wilfolk up front.  

Offensive keys - Performance of the O Line; Lloyd's ability to be a dominant deep threat and emerge as a big time 1-2 punch with Welker; finding the right combo with the RB rotation (blocking/3rd down etc.)

Defensive keys - Better overall performance from the DBs; getting a consistent pass rush. Of course turnovers are always huge and this team may have to depend on big plays coming from the LBS and DEs as there are not a lot of big play guys in the defensive backfield.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch believes Rams RT Jason Smith is on the roster bubble.

The No. 2 pick of the 2009 draft hoped to solidify his roster spot by taking a massive pay-cut in April, but has been losing first-team reps to Barry Richardson. Smith desperately needs a solid showing in Saturday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Cowboys.

Just incase we should keep an eye on this guy.  May just need new scenery and Scar to help him out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good perspective from Yates. I like this kid. Random notes but....

Some thoughts and observations after reviewing the television copy from the second quarter of Friday night's preseason loss in Tampa:

1. Stevan Ridley may have moved closer towards securing the Patriots' top running back job, and did so with runs like a 29-yard scamper with 13:12 remaining in the second quarter. With the football on the right hash, the Patriots lined up with three wide receivers, tight end Rob Gronkowski, and Ridley in the game, and the 2nd & 9 play call was for a strong side play action run towards the boundary (if the ball is on the right hash, the area to the right of it is called the boundary. The remaining area to the left is noted as the field. If the ball was on the left hash, those terms would be re-assigned. Left side, boundary; right side, field). Tom Brady's strong play fake sent Bucs middle linebacker Adam Hayward retreating into pass coverage, and froze the remainder of their second level defenders temporarily. Left guard Donald Thomas, who moved well in space throughout the evening, pulled to the lead the way, and laid a smothering block on linebacker Lavonte David. Gronkowski was able to seal the end of the line, and Thomas' kick-out block gave Ridley room to room, and he impressively bursted through the hole for a big gain.

2. Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham earned playing time in a sub defense package as an interior rusher, aligning alongside Vince Wilfork. It's an opportunity for Cunningham to continue to increase his role within this defense, and for the Patriots' sake, it's an opportunity to insert a unique skill into their sub package, and a move that could especially pay off against mobile quarterbacks. With Jake Locker slated as the first opposing starting quarterback, the Patriots will face a task of an athletic player who can break the pocket and do damage. Having Cunningham on the field adds a player who can pursue the quarterback not only as he stands in the pocket, but also if he scrambles out of it.

3. Center Ryan Wendell is amongst the candidates to start at the position, although the competition looks to be far from settled. He started the drive with 9:29 remaining in the second quarter, and the first play exposed the concern that exists in his game. Immediately upon the snap, Wendell was driven backwards several yards from a Bucs interior linemen, failing to establish any sort of base or anchor. Wendell is a smaller guy - he's listed at 300 pounds but doesn't look even that - and although a solid technician, he's had his issues against power players. He needs to be able to hold up against these types of players in passing situations, or Brady will be forced into quick throws like he was on that particular play, a check down to running back Danny Woodhead.

4. It's not often that Gronkowski is overpowered at the point of attack, but credit goes to Bucs defensive end George Johnson for locking him out and making a play on the fourth and short situation in which the Patriots attempted a strong side run off the hip of Gronkowski. Johnson worked up the field and stopped Stevan Ridley in his tracks, short of a first down.

5. Without knowing the specific scheme called, we don't know with certainty which Patriots' blocker was primarily responsible for the missed pick-up of a Bucs blitz on the first play a possession that began with roughly 6:12 to play in the second quarter. Here's what we do know from the film though: the pressure came from the left side of the Patriots line by linebacker Adam Heyward. Defensively, the Bucs had nose tackle Roy Miller shaded over the left shoulder of center Ryan Wendell, with defensive end George Johnson reduced down over the outside shoulder of guard Donald Thomas. Heyward was crouched over Nate Solder's left shoulder, with cornerback Eric Wright coming off the edge too. Wendell stepped to the play side (to the right) and picked up Miller, while Thomas also slid right to pick up Johnson. Solder fanned to his left to take on Wright, creating an alley for Heyward to penetrate, however running back Stevan Ridley whiffed on his attempt to block him. Again, without knowing the protection scheme, we don't know who was to blame for this blown play, but the execution needs to improve.

6. Tom Brady helped his own cause with a great ball fake on a screen pass to Ridley with just under four minutes to play in the half. Bucs cornerback Myron Lewis was on a designed blitz coming off of the left side of the Patriots line, right in the area where Brady was looking to set up his screen. Brady's play action fake accomplished two things: first, it squeezed Lewis down the line, as he bit on the fake and prepared to make a play on the run, and second it forced him to hesitate on his pursuit of Brady. The quarterback swiftly released the football to Ridley for a good gain. It was a subtle move from Brady, and not one that will make a highlight reel, but another detail of his game that should not go unnoticed.

7. First half players of note: highlighting four players who had a strong first half. Left tackle Nate Solder was very good, in both pass and run blocking. He bounced back after last week's more difficult outing. ... Running back Stevan Ridley looked like a starting running back, and finished the evening with 87 yards and a 5.4 average per carry. ... Vince Wilfork's dominance doesn't exactly translate to statistical output, but he was a rock in the middle. ... Good work from Ron Brace, who penetrated the middle of the Bucs' offensive line to wreak havoc in the running game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'm confident in Scarnecchia, but there are more issues than he can even fix this year.  One thing Scran has been able to do is when they draft OL guys in the 4th rounds nobody expects anything out of them. They are back ups for 2 complete years and then they get more into the rotation.  By the time he's worked with them for 3 years they are ready to step in and do something. Vollmer was a big surprise exception. I think he played behind Kaz for only a year was it? 

This is essentially Cannon's first year right? He was out most of last year with his treatment. Solder only has 1 year in. Both these guys need more time behind someone else except there is no someone else.

We've had problems at tackle under Scran before. It's a position that takes 2 full seasons to develop a guy to play at. Right now this line has so many holes that people who are not ready are going to have to play and it's going to take 4-5 games before they start coming together. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Agreeing with all that has been stated about the ineptitude of our current O-line (as we saw in pre-season games thus far).

Though Scar is an awesome coach and we thought the sky was falling last year (especially after the 3rd PS game against Lions) as well, I am willing to bet that we are adding 1 or 2 OL tackles before season opener !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Soldier looked better yesterday, the main problem and it was frequent, was the right side. Vollmer should fix that. He has to stay healthy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Scarnechia has been given talent. I'd say he's had the lions share over the recent years. Solder and Mankins are 1sts, Vollmer is a 2nd, Cannon was a drop but he is a year removed from cancer and if Waters is back like last year that is a fairly stacked group. It may take a bit of time but I'm not buying that Scarnecchia is doing more with less this year. Get these guys a few games and get them healthy and I feel it could be a really good O-line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree on the potential quality of this line if the starters are all healthy, but if Vollmer isn't 100% this year, I think we're quite thin at tackle and that could become a significant problem. The interior line seems deeper to me.  

Sections
Shortcuts