Solder holding out??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Solder holding out??

Curious to what people think of this. This kid was supposed to be a beast, and with the lock-out and being behind already, what's up with this kid holding out? Anyone have an idea what is going on?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Solder holding out??

Yep - agents are PO'd about the rook scale so they found the only loop hole they could, guarantied cash. Solders agent is holding out for the max guarantied cash. At this point though with Light in camp it doesn't really matter. They could take all pre-season if they wanted to. Solder will start the year backing up Light and learning as much as he can. Ideally he'll be in a learning pattern all year and take over for Light next year so missing a couple weeks of pre-season won't be a huge lose

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Not worried about it...we got Light & he's only hurting himself...guess we'll find out soon enough how stupid or greedy he is...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

King....hardly worked up about this...just asking what was up...so chill yourself.

Just hate to see rookies holding out when they haven't proven squat. In this case I usually point the finger at the agent as being the greedy one. It's sad to think the agent's greed is hurting this kids time to learn and be in camp.

I think I read somewhere that he is 1 of only 3 top picks still unsigned in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

One of only three rookie 1st rounders still holding out.  Awesome. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Kind of makes you think though, since there are only 3 holdouts out of the entire 1st round of 32 teams, who's being more greedy, is it the Patriots or Solder?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out??:
    Tuck It, Aren't you the dope that said no one had interest in Roth, yet Roth was in camp yesterday for a tryout? Jets troll posing as a Pats fun much? lol NE has the leverage on Solder.  It doesn't matter because he wasn't starting opening day in Miami once Light signed anyway. When you have the greatest QB ever lobbying for his LT, I am pretty sure NE isn't in a hurry to do something stupid with their mose expensive rookie sign. Patience.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

What in the hell are you talking about??  Pal, Ive been a Pats fan for 20plus years.  I realize there are probably plenty of dorks running around on boards posing as hated rival fans.  But youre not honestly TOO THICK to pick on sarcasm, are you?  Jeez, dude.  Step away from the computer for a minute already.  Im INCENSED that Solder isnt signed yet.  As a PATRIOT fan, I find it absolutley inexcusable.  Now, back to being the "King" of this board for you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : Is it "greed" or really, really intelligent money management by the best money managing GM in the NFL, using his leverage to get the best price for the good of the team?

It very well could be - and I do agree with not guaranteeing his contract - which I think is the hold up, why would anyone want to guarantee something when the guy hasnt played a snap in the NFL.  Just playing devil's advocate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The real question is now that we signed Matt Light did they basically use a 1st round pick on a player that could realistically have zero impact in year one. Unless he takes Matt Lights job or Matt gets hurt there is a good chance he will barely contribute because I doubt Matt Lights getting moved around the line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : It very well could be - and I do agree with not guaranteeing his contract - which I think is the hold up, why would anyone want to guarantee something when the guy hasnt played a snap in the NFL.  Just playing devil's advocate.
    Posted by Plastics017

At this point, imo there are 2 basic reasons.  1, because much precedent has been set.  We can go up and down the list of 1st rounders and examine the # of deals that have been fully guaranteed.  And there are many.  And 2, we're basically talking about an extra $2 or so million additional guaranteed, which just seems so damn trivial.  That's really the reason we arent bringing in our top pick?  For an extra $2mil in the kid's 4th season?  Arent we expecting him to be a stud?  Isnt he a big?  And dont we have an established track record with first round bigs? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The real question is now that we signed Matt Light did they basically use a 1st round pick on a player that could realistically have zero impact in year one. Unless he takes Matt Lights job or Matt gets hurt there is a good chance he will barely contribute because I doubt Matt Lights getting moved around the line.
    Posted by tompenny

No they used a 1st round pick on a pontential pro-bowl LT who has the luxury of greatly improving his game year 1 and could take over Light's position for a decade if he stays healthy. Any GM in the league would gladly give up a 1st and a yr for a potential pro-bowl LT

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

The issue is the fourth year being a guranteed year or not.  There's a jam right now signing rookies at picks 17, 18 and 19.  None of them are signed, because in the top half of the 1st round, agents are getting people 4 years guaranteed.  But in the bottom half they're getting 3 years.

The Bucs threw a wrench into this by signing Adrian Clayborn (pick 20) for four years guaranteed.  So now picks 17-19 are bracketed by 4 year guaranteed deals, but the Pats, Chargers and Giants are adamant about not setting a precedent that bottom half picks get 4 years guaranteed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : Oh yes, "inexcusable".   You've been a fan  for 20 years!  Wow! You're something special! I am 'incensed' too. I hate being a favorite to win it all in 2011 and in the next 4 years. Did you call BB and tell him you are so very angry he isn't signed 3 days into camp?

Man, just shut up.  Seriously.  Youre attacking a Patriots fan here.  Im not in any position to prove it, really. Give me a test of some kind, if you feel a need.  Though that seems incredibly stupid, and should absolutely be beneath the both of us.   But you honestly think Im a Jets troll because Im disappointed we havent signed Solder yet, and used a little sarcasm in expressing that?  Really?  Im on your side.  I dont know what else to tell you. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : Umm, there is this thing called the Lockout and some guy named Mankins is being unreasonable on the O Line?  Maybe that's why they went O Line in the draft AND extended Light? Solder missed all of rookie cap and mini camp. Please use your brain before asking dumb questions.  It's a lot safer to go with a short term option to bridge the gap v.s. pretending a rookie Tackle is going to be ready in a month on a SB contending team.

The addition of Matt Light signifigantly decrease the odds Solder will have any meaningful contribution in year one? True or false?  I made a flat out statement that they might have used there number one pick on a player that will not contribute year one. Nothing you said has anything to do with that statement nor negates what I said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

You've made about slew of snide comments in your 15+ posts here since 7/17. Maybe make some good points and you won't be seen as a troll?

Alright, deal.  By the way, the McCheaters pud you sword fight with on here?  Just read a little of that banter.  I get it.  Hateful clowns like that make this type of misunderstanding, and I realize Ive got the word, "tuck" in my new screenname.  Personally, I love throwing that in haters' faces.  Reminding them how the greatest dynasty in the past 20 years, that is RE-EMERGING oh by the way, began in a brilliant snowstorm of a game named for that very rule.  I take this name from the greatest Patriots game ever played.  Just so you know.  As for the McCheaters clown, I shouldnt have to tell you, you'll never win with idiots like that.  Theyre like bad breath.  You can wash that crap out, but in the morning, the stench will return without fail. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts