Solder holding out??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Solder holding out??

Solder isn't holding out. You can't 'hold out' unless tou are under contract, or are tagged.

The kid is tryign to negotiate the best deal he can. A.K.A., trying to parley his college performance into better money. Everyone coming out of college looks around for the best deal they can get ... so is he.

Unless you mean he is holding out, as in holding out for the best deal he can get and not reneging on a contract. In that case, I encourage him to hold out if he thinks he can get more.

When you sell a house are you a bad person for 'holding out' for your best deal? How about when you shop around for a car?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

It generally takes over a month to get rookies signed.  Solder's been unsigned for 9 days.  The timeline has been compressed because of the lockout, but if he signs in the next day or 2, I'd venture a guess that it's the fastest the Pats have signed their top pick in the past 15 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

I think and that's exactly what I mean is think, as a fan. GM Reese sems to work his way from the bottom up with draft picks to set the standard, at least that how it looks to me. And maybe by not hurrying right now leaves some leverage with Free Agents and Trades in the shortened FA time due to the lockout, like Osi, Roth and others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out??:
    It generally takes over a month to get rookies signed.  Solder's been unsigned for 9 days.  The timeline has been compressed because of the lockout, but if he signs in the next day or 2, I'd venture a guess that it's the fastest the Pats have signed their top pick in the past 15 years.
    Posted by MattC05

Ditto.

How this became a 'holdout' is beyond me.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : Ditto. How this became a 'holdout' is beyond me.
    Posted by zbellino

It's a "hold out" because he is holding out and his rights belong to the Pats. He can't seek a contract from another team. Much like Mankins with the RFA tender last year "held out" even though he wasn't technically under contract. There is nothing negative about the term and I agree he should hold out for everything he can but call it what it is he is holding out for the best contract available, nothing wrong with that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Solder holding out?? : Yep 150 million dollars for 0-1 in the playoffs.  That is some fine fiscal management.
    Posted by McCheaters

McSchmo, such anger.  Is eating away your stomach lining?  You take this way too seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

I was worried when he called Mankins for advice.  It should be noted that pick 16 has four years guaranteed as does pick 20.  The Colts have already stated that they won't give their 1st rounder a four year guarantee.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The real question is now that we signed Matt Light did they basically use a 1st round pick on a player that could realistically have zero impact in year one. Unless he takes Matt Lights job or Matt gets hurt there is a good chance he will barely contribute because I doubt Matt Lights getting moved around the line

With mini camps, OTA's and a normal training camp a lot of teams might be in this position. Especially with the skill players. I wouldnt count on much from any of the rookies to be honest. This would be the equivalent of taking your kid to play high school ball, having 10 or 20 practices and playing games. There wont be a lot of timing down in the early games. We could experience some really crappy football in september.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I was worried when he called Mankins for advice.  It should be noted that pick 16 has four years guaranteed as does pick 20.  The Colts have already stated that they won't give their 1st rounder a four year guarantee.
    Posted by jh13

And they stuck by it.  Costanzo not guaranteed a 4th.  Signed.  In camp.

Sections
Shortcuts