Solder looks huge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Solder looks huge

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

How tell is Reese?

1. Callum Rudd Callum Rudd @CallumRudd 15 Sep 11

@MikeReiss how tall are you? there is a discussion on the patsfans forum! :D

Details

Mike Reiss Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

@CallumRudd Checking in at 5-foot-5 on a good day.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

How tell is Reese?

1. Callum Rudd Callum Rudd @CallumRudd 15 Sep 11

@MikeReiss how tall are you? there is a discussion on the patsfans forum! :D

Details

Mike Reiss Mike Reiss @MikeReiss

@CallumRudd Checking in at 5-foot-5 on a good day.

Good find digger. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Belichick took Solder much to the consternation of many posters here, I might add that he was the most athletic player available at tackle in years the only weakness to him was weakness, another 20 pounds of strength means our left tackle is going to dominate.

Also I might add that Belichick took Solder because he read Wozzy's Draft Guide, Solder was the highest rated player on offense and was predicted to go to the Patriots.  That would be two years in a row calling the #1 pick of the Pats...

Nice! You didn't even have to bank that shot!

Thanks lol, I'll never get any credit here, maybe if I pick Belichick's (unlikely, unpredictable?) first overall pick for the third year in a row somebody will notice.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

He is the beast and Reiss is the mini-beast master in this pic!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Lmao

Wozzy with a sore ans.

Sorry I don't understand this response?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Belichick took Solder much to the consternation of many posters here, I might add that he was the most athletic player available at tackle in years the only weakness to him was weakness, another 20 pounds of strength means our left tackle is going to dominate.

Also I might add that Belichick took Solder because he read Wozzy's Draft Guide, Solder was the highest rated player on offense and was predicted to go to the Patriots.  That would be two years in a row calling the #1 pick of the Pats...

Thanks lol, I'll never get any credit here, maybe if I pick Belichick's (unlikely, unpredictable?) first overall pick for the third year in a row somebody will notice.

Wait.   Are you saying that you are taking credit for saying the Pats would take Collins with their first pick?   If I have misunderstood I'll apologize in advance.

If not, this is about the 3rd time I've read you make that claim and I'm going to call you out on it.  I went back to your Guide where you had DT as the Pats highest need.  They certainly did not draft a DT.  And some of the players you listed as good choices were still available to them.  If you are going to claim that you get credit for your highest rated player at  each position that they might take that's not the same thing as everyone else's idea of a mock draft.  That's like having 10 picks instead of 1. 

EDIT:  In fact, the much ridiculed Mel Kiper had Collins on his board as his #2 OLB (after Jarvis Jones) so I guess Kiper nailed this one too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

If not, this is about the 3rd time I've read you make that claim and I'm going to call you out on it.  I went back to your Guide where you had DT as the Pats highest need.  They certainly did not draft a DT.  And some of the players you listed as good choices were still available to them.  If you are going to claim that you get credit for your highest rated player at  each position that they might take that's not the same thing as everyone else's idea of a mock draft.  That's like having 10 picks instead of 1. 

Go to the last page of my thread where I give my final picks the day before the draft.  I gave two players per pick from four position groups.  

The first outside linebacker I had there was Collins and on my big board I had him as the 2nd best OLB/DE overall.  

If you want to go all the way back to last year, my last year's thread was hovering around page 222.  I had Solder as my 1st offensive player off the board at the Patriot's biggest position of need.

I don't mock one player per round, thats silly to me because depending where players fall ahead of your pick, it could change the whole outlook of the draft. I don't care about the other teams.  I gave two players from 4 positions I projected the Pat's taking.

Considering nearly 1000 players declared for the 2013 NFL draft, 254 were selected, the fact that I projected three of them on my final board, not including TJ Moe who we just signed as an UDFA which makes 4 and including the first pick overall is not too shabby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Go to the last page of my thread where I give my final picks the day before the draft.  I gave two players per pick from four position groups.  

The first outside linebacker I had there was Collins and on my big board I had him as the 2nd best OLB/DE overall.  

If you want to go all the way back to last year, my last year's thread was hovering around page 222.  I had Solder as my 1st offensive player off the board at the Patriot's biggest position of need.

I don't mock one player per round, thats silly to me because depending where players fall ahead of your pick, it could change the whole outlook of the draft. I don't care about the other teams.  I gave two players from 4 positions I projected the Pat's taking.

Considering nearly 1000 players declared for the 2013 NFL draft, 254 were selected, the fact that I projected three of them on my final board, not including TJ Moe who we just signed as an UDFA which makes 4 and including the first pick overall is not too shabby.

To be fair, if you want to take credit for picking Collins this way you have to say Kiper picked him too.  (see my EDIT in prior post)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

To be fair, if you want to take credit for picking Collins this way you have to say Kiper picked him too.  (see my EDIT in prior post)

If Kiper liked him I won't knock him, then again Kiper never has anything bad to say about anybody and even a broken clock is right twice a day.  

He also said Gabe Carimi and Anthony Castonzo were better tackle prospects than Solder in 2011, he had Solder going to the Bears 12 picks later. He also said 5x Pro Bowl, 4x All Pro Logan Mankins was a reach. He had Shariff Floyd as the best DT on the board going at number 4 and the guy dropped to 23.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How tell is Reese?

2' 3" or so.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I would probably not edit the word "anus".

I guess BDC holds you to a different set of standards then because I couldn't reply to your original post because it said as much.  Still don't understand what you meant?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Duane Brown in Houston is good, probably better than solder last season. but my money is on solder this season...

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Solder 2nd best LT in the AFC behind Joe Thomas.  Thanks, BB!  Seymour sits at home on the couch with Al Davis's money and a blown chance at the HOF.

Absurd. 

How is that absurd.  Ain't Bryan McKinnie. Ain't Jake Long. Ain't D'Bustashaw. Ain't Bradon Albert.

Good luck naming the name!

lmao

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

How tell is Reese?

2' 3" or so.

Reese has to be really short. I met Soldier last year, he's a tall dude but that looks ridiculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Soldier is going to be a star in this league for a long time. Loved Seymour but that was a good deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Solder is huge. I had no issues with the pick when the pats took him. I do agree with Russ here. He is in the top 3 LTs in the AFC, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two he is number 1 after Dante continues his refinement. Like a sculptor, Dante was given a really good piece of clay to work with, he only has the chip away at the excess to produce a masterpiece.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

That's pretty much the exact size difference between my girlfriend and I.  I stand 6'5" and she is 5' even.  So yeah, looks legit to me. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

That's pretty much the exact size difference between my girlfriend and I.  I stand 6'5" and she is 5' even.  So yeah, looks legit to me. 

Remind me to be nicer to you bill. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

credit where credit's due. (even if i didnt want the player(s) selected (and dont try to pick who bb wants but who i think will help the team most).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Solder is huge. I had no issues with the pick when the pats took him. I do agree with Russ here. He is in the top 3 LTs in the AFC, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two he is number 1 after Dante continues his refinement. Like a sculptor, Dante was given a really good piece of clay to work with, he only has the chip away at the excess to produce a masterpiece.

my sentiments at teh time of the pick were that he has a frame that could put on pounds and strength that could help him geatly without losing his footwork.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

If Kiper liked him I won't knock him, then again Kiper never has anything bad to say about anybody and even a broken clock is right twice a day.  

He also said Gabe Carimi and Anthony Castonzo were better tackle prospects than Solder in 2011, he had Solder going to the Bears 12 picks later. He also said 5x Pro Bowl, 4x All Pro Logan Mankins was a reach. He had Shariff Floyd as the best DT on the board going at number 4 and the guy dropped to 23.

yup.

Sections
Shortcuts