Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbencoates. Show bigbencoates's posts

Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust

Solder is 6'9"!!  Tell me how many pro bowl tackles there are in the NFL at 6'9"!!  He's not quick enough at that height to cover the outside speed rush and he has no knee bend and gets pushed back by bull rushes with leverage, and he has an easy going, intelligent personality - exactly the opposite of the nasty Logan Mankins type of lineman the Pats need. 

And we wasted the 17th pick on a project with combine measurables. 

We coulda had cameron jordan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Re: Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust

In Response to Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust:
    Solder is 6'9"!!  Tell me how many pro bowl tackles there are in the NFL at 6'9"!!  He's not quick enough at that height to cover the outside speed rush and he has no knee bend and gets pushed back by bull rushes with leverage, and he has an easy going, intelligent personality - exactly the opposite of the nasty Logan Mankins type of lineman the Pats need.  And we wasted the 17th pick on a project with combine measurables.  We coulda had cameron jordan.
    Posted by bigbencoates

Jonathan Ogden.  Do more research before posting...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Your not smart

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Comparing a OT to a RB=Awseome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I sure hope that your 14 previous posts were worlds better than this one. You sound like a dope.

Please try harder in the future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

How is he not quick enough? Your telling me a guy who was brought in to play TE is not quick enough to get to the edge, com'mon man. BB just took a tackle to protect the blind side for 10 years and you complaine. Someone needs to smack you. Sea-Bass was suppose to be 3 years away from starting in the NFL. Devin McCourty was drafted and everyone said they got a good return man. 6'9 hmmmm does a guy by the name of Jonathon Ogden ring a bell. Being 6'9 with his atheticism is what makes his type so rare, its hard for a man to be so large and talented. Heres some advice, STOP LISTENING TO MEL KIPER!!!!!!!!!
     Trust BB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

1st rd. OL and DL picks tend to be pretty safe.  It's not like they're picking some unknown guy with no track record.  It's pretty much common knowledge that you can't declare anyone a bust without seeing them for a few years in the NFL.  I think people like to create these "bust" posts because there is some obsessive need from some people around here to be able to say "I told ya so". 

Give it a rest. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust:
    In Response to Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust : Jonathan Ogden.  Do more research before posting...
    Posted by sbruce9

Beat me to it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

With all the OL and DL picks and QBs but few RB/WR/TEs/DBs, I am wondering if the coaches and GMs think that we will not have a season this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BamaPat. Show BamaPat's posts

I'm a Pats fan who lives in south Alabama. Saw Solder and Castanzo every day at Senior Bowl practice and the game. 
       Solder was OK. Got pushed back quite a bit. The buzz at the practices was that he came in with a lot of expectations but justy played OK.
        Plus Solder only benched 21 times at combine.
        Not saying that he might not be great down the road. He could be. But if we have to start him right away it's going to be a bit rough.
       Drafting a developmental OL coupled with the trading of 28th pick and probably the 33rd pick today, is worrisome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Solder may be the biggest tackle, but he also won the 3-cone drill at the combine.  He is the quickest tackle available. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Solder did get pushed around a little at the Senior Bowl. But he definitely has the most Upside of any Tackle in the Draft. Great Feet and Hands. It's easy to improve your Strength thats a minor problem.Dante Scarnechia ran the Pro day drills at BC he saw Costanzo up close. Let this pick settle in for a While, this is a Great pick not a good one. I played at Arizona State with Randle McDaniel he camre in as a tight End Moved to Guard, but was not strong enough at first. Now 11 ProBowls later and first Ballot Hall of Famer. Solder will be a Pro Bowl Tackle very Intelligent and Hard Working. Remember alot of People not liking McCourty last year. We have a lot of good picks coming to adress the Defense. Solder will be a Great Tackle and you will all be very happy with this selection.Trust Bill and also trust Dante he saw Mankins, Vollmer, Koppen 5th round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Solder did get pushed around a little at the Senior Bowl. But he definitely has the most Upside of any Tackle in the Draft. Great Feet and Hands. It's easy to improve your Strength thats a minor problem.Dante Scarnechia ran the Pro day drills at BC he saw Costanzo up close. Let this pick settle in for a While, this is a Great pick not a good one. I played at Arizona State with Randle McDaniel he camre in as a tight End Moved to Guard, but was not strong enough at first. Now 11 ProBowls later and first Ballot Hall of Famer. Solder will be a Pro Bowl Tackle very Intelligent and Hard Working. Remember alot of People not liking McCourty last year. We have a lot of good picks coming to adress the Defense. Solder will be a Great Tackle and you will all be very happy with this selection.Trust Bill and also trust Dante he saw Mankins, Vollmer, Koppen 5th round.
    Posted by patriots44

Good Post!

Also, this is the pro's I'm pretty sure they can help with the lack of strength issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust : Good Post! Also, this is the pro's I'm pretty sure they can help with the lack of strength issue.
    Posted by BradyMossFan
    Thanx I just Posted the Pats will be using the #33 and not trade back, This is where we either Take Reed or Sheard or maybee take a chance on Bowers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Solder = Maroney = 1st round Bust:
    Solder is 6'9"!!  Tell me how many pro bowl tackles there are in the NFL at 6'9"!!  He's not quick enough at that height to cover the outside speed rush and he has no knee bend and gets pushed back by bull rushes with leverage, and he has an easy going, intelligent personality - exactly the opposite of the nasty Logan Mankins type of lineman the Pats need.  And we wasted the 17th pick on a project with combine measurables.  We coulda had cameron jordan.
    Posted by bigbencoates

Coach Scar is one of the very best O Line coaches in the NFL today if not THE BEST.  Did he do a great job with Sea Bass???? And this kid had played scoccer and not football for most of his life.  Now we can protect Tommy from the perils of the edge rushers in this stage of his career.  No one should ever lay a finger on Tommy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Oh you should've called Bill & CO before the pick and let them know your concerns! I'm sure your professional opinion would have swayed them to pick someone else. Bill probably lost your number or something...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think your wrong check his video  http://60maxpowero.com/warroom1.html
    Posted by RonMex2

I have to know. You were under a different name (I think dna2) but do you get paid per hit on your site? Seriously man it's cool to have your site as your signature but do you constantly have to plug it every chance you get?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

By the time he retires, Bill Belichick may well be third among NFL coaches in victories.  He is one of the greatest ever in a difficult profession, one in which scores of people have failed utterly.  I am amazed at the hubris of those who criticize him in posts here.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

he hasn't even played and he's a bust? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Never worry about this team drafting a bust on the OL as long as Scarnecchia helps evaluate and train the talent. The guy can turn mud into gold, but is never dumb enough to draft mud in the first place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

Can we at least see what he does before we call him a bust?  Maybe just a little patience?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I lol'ed so hard, 6'9 OT is comparable to Maroney. Right, the second best OT in the draft is a bust before he even gets with the program.

Time for this kid to go root for the Yets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

"intelligent personality"....ya what a negative...done looking at the forums for today, people just say the dumbest stuff with no particular rhyme or reason backing it up

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

How is this guy a bust, he has not played a game yet, strange post?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joken04. Show joken04's posts

Go home Jets fan

Sections
Shortcuts