Solder VS Wake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Solder VS Wake

I'll have to check the replay of the game and keep my little eye on them both but from what i saw while at work, nate handled wake pretty well except for that one sack he allowed. Anyway's let me know how well solder did vs wake

Dont worry about the defense guy's they will jell as the season goes on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Solder VS Wake

That one sack from Wake can't really be blamed on Solder. Brady held that ball for some time and then moved out of the pocket to avoid another rusher. That put Brady in Wake's path and Solder would've had to hold Wake to prevent the sack. 

I don't think Solder got any tight end help. I guess he couldn't have because Gronk and Hernandez were busy catching everything. Solder might've gotten some help from Waters, but I saw a lot of 1-on-1's with Wake. I may have missed some things, but I got the impression that Solder dominated Wake. Very encouraging sign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Solder rag dolled him for most of the first half. Wake spent a lot of time on his back. It was an encouraging performance for a rookie in his first NFL game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Solder made Wake his little rag doll.  Pretty amazing how well he did considering he wasn't even playing his position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

looking back at the replay solder rarely had any help, he pretty much tossed wake around, expecially that one where he just threw him to the ground. Solder is strong, and if he continues to hit the weight room and get even stronger he will be a beast and a pro bowler. Ya it's only game one but hes already made an impression, dont believe me, ask wake lol.

I'm gonna hit the sack ill watch a bit more of the replay on my dvr tommorow and share what ever i find from wake vs solder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Good thread. Solder totally dominated Wake all game with the exeption of that lil 2-3 play sequence in the 2nd quarter. Very encouraging! And with the solid play of Ras-I, I would say we hit on our first two draft picks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

solder is a mensch- fo' sho

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nishan6t4. Show nishan6t4's posts

Good player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If last night's game is any measure, Solder's the goods.  The way I saw it, he had a near flawless game against a major league pass rusher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Solder VS Wake:
    [QUOTE]Solder rag dolled him for most of the first half. Wake spent a lot of time on his back. It was an encouraging performance for a rookie in his first NFL game.
    Posted by xxxcrwn[/QUOTE]

damn staright crwn!
    thats what i'n talking about!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Solder VS Wake:
    [QUOTE]Good thread. Solder totally dominated Wake all game with the exeption of that lil 2-3 play sequence in the 2nd quarter. Very encouraging! And with the solid play of Ras-I, I would say we hit on our first two draft picks!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

quag,
    those were my thoughts exactly!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Solder was a BEAST!! I was impressed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He played Wake better than Vollmer ever could. I was impressed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

not too shabby for a rookie's first game. He had a little bit of help, but that's okay. And to think he's still got upside Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I thought they really did well all around, given the heat and pressure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Wait... I thought Bill didn't know how to draft and this pick was another waste? Solder was rock solid, looked like a veteran.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well...there have been talks here of folks not happy about the draft picks but I can assure you nobody has said Solder was a poor pick. 

This thread made me search out Miami newspapers to see what they thought and it was mentioned in all that I read.  Wake a non-factor.  Good job by Solder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wake got a few pressures later in the game, but for the most part and esp. early on, Solder was just riding him to the ground and sitting on him.  A pretty dominant performance for a rookie left tackle playing on the right side.  Yeah, he is a keeper

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Solder dominated Wake.

Whats amazing is that Solder wasn't even playing his position yet he looked amazing. Give him another year to put on some more muscle and then watch out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Solder was THE OT I was hoping for before the draft. And last night showed why. He didn't look like a veteran. He looked like an All Pro. He did it:
    (1) in his very first game
    (2) playing RT not LT
    (3) Matched up agaist an All Pro pass rusher

The only two plays I recall him being beat were:
    (1) after manhandling Wake again Brady, who had already held the ball for forever, rolled right and so gave Wake a clear shot that Solder could not prevent
    (2) When Miami blitzed alongside Wake Solder could only take one player. SO in fact he reeally didnt get beat on that play but the protection broke down because the blitzer was not accounted for

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Excellent thread, I almost started an indentical one at 2am.

Solder, for all intents and purposes, DOMINATED Wake. Towards the end of the first half, it looked like Solder was starting to get a little winded, but other than that stretch, Wake was pretty much invisible. Not only that, but I did take note to watch (I always watch the trenches, I LOVE the play in there, and DVR makes it easy to go back and check what I saw) and Solder was absolutely pancaking him time and time again. He'd use his momentum against Wake, and lead him to the ground, and lay on top of him. Or, he'd go straight up, and just engulf him.

It was an absolute pleasure to watch. Then I remind myself how "raw" this kid is....and wow. Vollmer and Solder on either end....that's just amazing.

I just wish he could snap the ball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Solder did an outstanding job against Wake. Wake's not a big pass rusher, he gets his sacks off speed and being persistent. Solder just needs to understand that once he executes his blocking assignment, to not give up on the play. There were a couple of times (I think 1 was a sack or hit), where he blocked Wake well initially, but didn't take him out of the play. If Solder pancakes him and sits on top of him like he did most of the night, Wake is a non factor. Overall, great job by Solder.
    Is anyone else concerned about Koppen? We are dangerously thin in the interior of the liine now. I expect another signing soon. Side note...Connolly did a great job in Koppen's absence.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

When you break down the film and look at all the little things, Nate Solder stole the show last night IMHO.  Think about it, in his first pro game on a Monday night stage in enemy territory, adverse conditions, and against one of the best pass rushers in the game (and one that we had no answer for last year) Nate not only stepped up to the challenge but completely dominated this guy.

Warren Sapp in one of the post game commentaries was beside himself with how well Solder did and how he "Drove the yellow bus up and took Wake to school" all night long.  It truly was impressive and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this kid. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Is Solder a better RT than LT? Can Vollmer play LT?...

I saw Solder in preseason and he looked okay at LT, but he looked really good at RT. Just a thought about flipping he and Vollmer once Light retires/moves on. I know BB said "we drafted Nate to play LT"..but it's hard to ignore how he looked on the right side vs. the left side. Maybe he gets better at left.

Sections
Shortcuts