Solder VS Wake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Solder VS Wake

I love the contrast between OL & DL.  Solder dominates Wake for 99.99% of the game and you don't see him act up, Wake on the other hand gets his one sack (not really beating Solder in doing so) and does his stupid flex/look at me dance, showing off the palms of his really swell gloves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I keyed a lot on Solder's play against Wake and he dominated most of the way.  Looks like a very solid pick but the season is young.  Still he looks pretty good for a rookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Solder had a very stong game the only sack he gave up  a coverage sack  so most of the blame on that one is on TB  on that one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

After he was drafted I remember hearing that Solder is too tall and hes not very effective agains't speed rushers, hes not strong enough yet he made Wake look invicible in this game. It's 1 game but that's all I need to be convinced that this kid is gonna be one of the steal's of the draft. Probowl this year anyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Solder VS Wake:
    I love the contrast between OL & DL.  Solder dominates Wake for 99.99% of the game and you don't see him act up, Wake on the other hand gets his one sack (not really beating Solder in doing so) and does his stupid flex/look at me dance, showing off the palms of his really swell gloves.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I thought the exact same thing last night. Solder did an excellent job on that play there was simply no one open and after about 8 seconds (LONG TIME) Wake got to Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

At the time of the draft I thought we reached a bit on Solder, its only 1 game but he certainly looks like he proved me wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ok by my count he allowed 2-3 pressures and the sack was due to Brady moving up and to his right in the pocket and there was another rusher who went low on solder so he couldn't maintain control of Wake without tripping over the other rush guy or holding Wake. He was flagged one time for holding which was a questionable. Outside of those small gaffes he did well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I would say that protecting Brady for the next couple years is more important then grabbing a sack master during the draft and boy was Bill right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Solder can handle speed guys as evidenced by his neutralizing Wake for most of the night, his supposed weak spot is when guys bull rush him.  Overall, he looked pretty good out there.  The O-line didn't miss Vollmer much, and Connolly looked good filling in for Koppen too.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In Response to Re: Solder VS Wake : I said the exact same thing. He finally breaks through and he acts like Shawn Merriroid. I don't mind natural celebration, but this extended dance crap is pathetic.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

When I saw him doing that little dance I imagined brady getting up and doing the same dance for !@#$ and giggles but it never happened. Would of been a good laugh, or everytime Solder pancaked Wake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Wait until Ridley and Vereen start getting worked in.       

I was surprised not to see Ridley last night even for a few series late on. He has shown promise in pre-season, but I just have a gut instinct about Vereen and what he may develop into.. I know he is dealing with a hammy but I am looking forward to see this kid get on the field.              

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I agree he played great. More time+ More Muscle = Beast !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agreed On Dowling BBreigns, looked fairly good for a rookie DB (very very tough position to be in).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wait until Ridley and Vereen start getting worked in.         I was surprised not to see Ridley last night even for a few series late on. He has shown promise in pre-season, but I just have a gut instinct about Vereen and what he may develop into.. I know he is dealing with a hammy but I am looking forward to see this kid get on the field.             
    Posted by irishfanatic

I have a feeling that barring injury we will see a lot of Benny and the (Ex-Jet) all season. law Firm has not fumbled.....EVER not once. Over 300 rushing attempts 4.3 ypc 19 tds and ZERO fumbles.

I think the young guys will be groomed to take over in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Love the pancake blocks, it seemed as if Solder was trying to
    force Wake deeper into the turf a few times last nite.

He looked strong and has exceptional feet.

Dowling looked good to hard to believe he did not get many reps in
    practice or pre-season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Just think, Solder went to Colorado U as a tight end. We know he's agile, and tall.  Supposted to be smart.  Probably can catch.

3 TE offense?  Ridley and Hernandez behind Brady.  Price wideout.    5WR or 9 blockers.  Pick your poison.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Dont be surprised if Solder makes the probowl this year he looks legit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

solder will need to gain power to be an all pro. hes great against great speed guys as you saw, but he is susceptible to the bull rush. a year or so of powerlifting and he should have enough to hold his own. plus he should put on 20-25 minimum i think of muscle over the next 2 yrs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

He's still a baby by football standards....Just wait  and be patient casue this kid might get scary good in the next few years with more bulk  and playing time....

Sections
Shortcuts