Solid. Grantland article on Brady/Windy OT.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Solid. Grantland article on Brady/Windy OT.

Great piece, highlighting the comeback, Brady's accuracy, the state of NE's identity, and BB's sage decision to take the wind.

There are great points made, and they enter a context where people are currently framing the games around Brady's superior arm strength vs Manning's (there has always been a difference) in bad weather and Manning's cold finishes in low temperature settings. 

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10034678/tom-brady-patriots-broncos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Solid. Grantland article on Brady/Windy OT.

Nothing better when it comes to Brady vs Manning than somebody telling it like it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Notice what the article said at the end in which Thompkins could be one of Brady's "last" team mates.  Shudder to think the day he plays his last game as a Patriot!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The article points out that Blount got his bell rung on the play he fumbled. I thought that was a pretty clear helmet to helmet hit, but haven't heard that mentioned anywhere. Was I seeing things?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The article points out that Blount got his bell rung on the play he fumbled. I thought that was a pretty clear helmet to helmet hit, but haven't heard that mentioned anywhere. Was I seeing things?

That was not the only one

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Great piece, highlighting the comeback, Brady's accuracy, the state of NE's identity, and BB's sage decision to take the wind.

There are great points made, and they enter a context where people are currently framing the games around Brady's superior arm strength vs Manning's (there has always been a difference) in bad weather and Manning's cold finishes in low temperature settings. 

Good read, and I learned a great new word: 'bumfuzzled'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good read.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

those are legal when its a RB. ask Pollard and Ridley last year. he got smashed in the head, no call. he, like Rid on that play, had his head down and took a hit. it happens as an RB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Good read.

Yeah, Grantland is quickly becoming the go-to place for good football analysis. They are exceptional. This article, with its Brady's winter passing/the winter of Brady's career write up is just exceptional reflection and writing for a blog site like that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, but like the other posters mention, it will typically be a non-call on a RB. Vice versa RBs often initiate H2H contact against back seven defenders to the tune of no-call. 

It was mostly a well called game. I thought if you are going to give Manning the flag on the Nink play, you have to gie Brady the flag on the Kenbrel no-call. Other than that, they were pretty good. I saw them miss one holding call against Jones, but that is the NFL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

Nothing better when it comes to Brady vs Manning than somebody telling it like it is.

I see you clicked the links in my text. Great reads from Bruschi, and a decent (for ESPN) round table on Manning and cold weather. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Thanks Z - Nice article--and TB going Mad Max in Gronks face after the score was priceless!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Love Grantland. I love an article long time ago about west coast's offense or chuck noll, I think. I forgot.

Good blog. Wish Espn has this quality on their website.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This literally made me sad......... 

"Kenbrell Thompkins will be one of Tom Brady's last teammates, one way or another. The winter is coming. That may be a metaphor, it may not be."

It's been so great having TB and BB at the sametime. 

Let's go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts