Solid New Simmons Piece (Manning vs Brady)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssmith285. Show jssmith285's posts

Re: Solid New Simmons Piece (Manning vs Brady)

I liked it as well.  very well done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Decent article...Simmons rules!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I read some of the homer's comments.  It reminded me of this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Solid New Simmons Piece (Manning vs Brady):
    [QUOTE]It still comes down to rings Jules/UD Nice find Russ, it had a lot of great info I forgot about. One thing I found interesting is take a look at the QB ratings for all the games. Brady beats him all but one game whether the Pats won or not.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

No question.   Brady wins all the categories that matter. Manning has the accumulation of stats and having played 4 more seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Manning lovers don't even have a crutch to stand on at this point. They need back to back Super Bowl wins to even be in the discussion. Even then Brady would have the advantage factoring in past post-season sucess. Brady is at the cusp of Joe Montana status and in many people's eyes clearly the best of all time (and i'm not just talking about Pats fans...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

A bit dramatic, but I liked the tone. Kind of puts it into perspective. These two guys aren't really "rivals" in their own minds. Except when they face off, that is. I don't really hate Manning, I hate the morons who s.u.c.k up to him. I also get sick of seeing his ugly mug in ads, but hey, I can always look away! This rivalry practically mirrors the Montana/Marino one from the 80s. Except they could never meet in the SB. It's nice to finally have one of the top players be our team's QB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]I read some of the homer's comments.  It reminded me of this board.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    And which facts do you dispute?  What else could be a basis for making a decision?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

What I got is this:
    The rivalry and perception of who is better is continually shifting back and forth. This perception depends to some extent on external factors (team make-up, team success, injuries) outside the QB's control.
    Ergo, it is meaningless in the big picture to know the truth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In truth, I've had about enough of this debate . . .   I don't think it's an open question anymore (if it ever was) and there's really only so much beating a putrefying horse can take . . .

But it was mildly amusing -- in an admittedly sophomoric way -- to run across the phrase "alleged dong* photos" in a piece ostensibly about football.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Really? That was a pretty respectful article. Go away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You should have read the whole thing then, because he really doesn't pick a side which is a far cry from this board.

Brady wins = Brady is better.  I don't even see the confusion in this. 

Kobe has more skills than anyother celtics player... it's just a fact, just like Brady is the best QB.    No homer from me, I honestly believe this is 100% fact. 
    No hate either man just giving my 2 cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I'll say this again, Brady wins his fourth this year, the discussion should be over. 4 rings to 1, there is no logical comparison, you could always bring STATS to the table but we all know in the end, its the amount of superbowl rings on ones hand that matters most. Brady owns three, Manning has one. Brady gets his fourth, forget about it.

As a fan of your team( Pats or Colts) think about what means more to you. Stats or superbowl wins. Brady has the Stats, not as big as Manning's but good enough, oh and he also has brought home 2 more Lombardi trophies to New England then Manning has to Indy.

We get one more this year, which by the looks of things, is very likely, and this will no longer be a Peyton vs Brady discussion. It should turn into, is Brady the greatest of all time discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    I am certain you loved the comments Ryan made about Manning being "The MAN" in Indy and, basically, putting Brady down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say this again, Brady wins his fourth this year, the discussion should be over. 4 rings to 1, there is no logical comparison, you could always bring STATS to the table but we all know in the end, its the amount of superbowl rings on ones hand that matters most. Brady owns three, Manning has one. Brady gets his fourth, forget about it.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

So is Bradshaw a better QB that Manning and Brady since he has 4 SB rings???? But I get your point.  Brady has carried this team as Manning has, but what seperates them??? You're right, the rings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'll simply say this.  The board last year was agreeing that Manning was better, but a poor Manning 3 game stretch, a brady resurgence, a little local koolaid, and the wind blowing in a different direction has managed to make the pats bandwagon loud and proud once again. 

Have at it boys.  I posted a link on another thread about Scouts inc ranking different player groups of every playoff team then aggregating those.  They ranked the colts team 11 of 12 with the only grouping better than 8 being QB.  The pats on the other hand ranked 2. 

Once again, manning succeeds with little help.  That's all you need to know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Solid New Simmons Piece (Manning vs Brady) : So is Bradshaw a better QB that Manning and Brady since he has 4 SB rings???? But I get your point.  Brady has carried this team as Manning has, but what seperates them??? You're right, the rings.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

My point is that Brady has Stats AND more rings. Peyton has better stats, less rings. Bradshaw's stats are not comparable to Brady-Manning.   212 td's to 210 INT isnt exactly "great". Peyton and Tom have "great" stats, which is why we compare the two so often. Brady has more superbowl rings, which stands out and over Manning.

Only reason I see the media give Manning the Nod is due to his stats. For some odd reason, Brady's 3 superbowl victories isn't enough for the majority of the media. if Brady wins another, only the biased writters will have Manning over Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I'll simply say this.  The board last year was agreeing that Manning was better, but a poor Manning 3 game stretch, a brady resurgence, a little local koolaid, and the wind blowing in a different direction has managed to make the pats bandwagon loud and proud once again.  Have at it boys.  I posted a link on another thread about Scouts inc ranking different player groups of every playoff team then aggregating those.  They ranked the colts team 11 of 12 with the only grouping better than 8 being QB.  The pats on the other hand ranked 2.  Once again, manning succeeds with little help.  That's all you need to know.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ok I have to respond.  No way in hell have those words ever came out of my mouth.  Brady has always done more earlier, and now later in his career.  Last year I knew it would take time for the knee to heal... so whoever said otherwise ok, but I don't think anyone conceeded Mannig was better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Only people on this board that might have said Manning is better then Brady are the common trolls. I do not believe a true pats fan would have ene thought about agreeing with you and saying manning is better. No way.

As for Manning winning with less this year, wrong.

Brady won 14 games with the youngest defense in the league, two undrafted running backs, two rookie TE's and 2 WR's coming back from major knee injuries. Brady also had his best WR traded away early in the season. I don't think Manning can lose his number one WR( Wayne ) and continue to produce at a level like Brady. Heck, Brady produced better without Moss then Manning did with Wayne perfectly healthy for all 16 games. Manning lost Clark after six games, Brady lost Moss after 4. Who had the better season? I would say it was Brady, by a long shot.

We crushed the best teams in the league while the Colts didn't have any steller performances. Look at the quality of defenses we have faced this season and how badly Brady made them look. You can't honestly go around saying after this season that Manning was clearly better.

The only team that the Colts looked dominant againstwas the Giants back in week two, that is it. The only tough defenses that you played against were the Chargers and possibly the Cowboys, how did Manning look in those games against those defenses? Poor, average, what else comes to mind? You fill in the rest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Here are some items to chew on. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5988263
    Please note that he thinks Manning is the better QB but gives the nod to Brady for how well he is playing at this time. 

http://community.advancednflstats.com/2010/12/examining-qb-yards-after-catch.html
    Here's another that shows how much Brady has relied on his receivers since 06 (sans 08) when the common refrain is that Manning is the one with the receivers. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Why does this Colts fan continue to post on a Patriots forum?  I never post on other team's forums.  I can't understand why Jets trolls, Chargers and Colts fans and that loser Dolphins fan Massdolfan come to a Patriots board to be such a$$holes.  Talk about having a hard-on for the Patriots.  Me thinks they are Pats fans at heart, that's why they always post comments here.  Go chat with your team's fellow fans on their boards and quit acting like punks here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]Here are some items to chew on.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5988263 Please note that he thinks Manning is the better QB but gives the nod to Brady for how well he is playing at this time.  http://community.advancednflstats.com/2010/12/examining-qb-yards-after-catch.html Here's another that shows how much Brady has relied on his receivers since 06 (sans 08) when the common refrain is that Manning is the one with the receivers. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What I saw was that Scouts, inc. gave the nod to Brady, but the writer's  personal opinion was that Manning was better.  And he was thinking about changing his opinion.

High YAC is not a negative stat for a QB.  One of Brady's strengths is that he is so accurate that he hits his receivers in full stride.  That leads to a lot of YAC's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Why does this Colts fan continue to post on a Patriots forum? 
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, it's because he -- and those like him -- want what we have, and since their teams can't hang with the Pats on the field, they come here to try to belittle the Pats with retarded spin.

It's kind of sad, if you stop to think about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ud loves to make crap up and present it as fact.  Just down right lies.
    Brady has always done more with less, always!
    As far as injured IR'd players, the Pats now actually have more than the geldings.   In fact they have the most of any team this year.  So, boo hoo Ud, You can't spew that BS any more.
    I'm sure you'll find some other BS lie to harp on soon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

[QUOTE]Ud loves to make crap up and present it as fact.  Just down right lies. Brady has always done more with less, always! As far as injured IR'd players, the Pats now actually have more than the geldings.   In fact they have the most of any team this year.  So, boo hoo Ud, You can't spew that BS any more. I'm sure you'll find some other BS lie to harp on soon.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I don't want to see another Colts putz whining about injuries until Reggie Wayne is playing nickel back and has three interceptions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts