Some appreciation for Wes Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Some appreciation for Wes Welker

I was thinking as I watched the Bears beat-down last week that Welker has really done a phenomenal job this year. Less than 9 months after serious knee surgery he's out there making plays, and now that his  knee is stronger, he is just killing people. He was money in the snow in Chicago, and I think that his attitude and toughness has really led the way for the receiving corps. The guy cannot be stopped and is fearless over the middle.

I doubt he's even on the MVP radar, and of course with the year that TB is having he might not rate even if he were, but maybe NFL comeback player of the year?

In a year full of great Patriot performances so far, I think that his is up near the top, especially considering his comeback from injury. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Some appreciation for Wes Welker

Comeback player of the year by a mile. I still say he's the most dangerous WR in the league because he gets open the fastest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I remember so many people saying Welker would be useless without Moss "drawing the safety".  Incredibly unfair to an incredibly talented player with more heart than some entire organizations have combined.  Welker is the perfect football player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

The play that says it all about WW was Monday night against the Jest the O had a broken play and TB turned fired the ball out of bounds~ WW sprinted to the area to make it look like a receiver was in the area...smart

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

He's doing amazingly well, considering that Moss is no longer here to make it possible for him to get open.  Wink wink, nudge nudge....

It was said here much too often that Welker would not be open any more after Moss' departure.  More baloney for the inevitable mea culpa sandwich.

Wes Welker is stud in the land of giants, he could get open in a bath room stall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Some appreciation for Wes Welker:
    Comeback player of the year by a mile. I still say he's the most dangerous WR in the league because he gets open the fastest.
    Posted by BBReigns

I'm going to say the most dangerous possession receiver as he continues to get first downs and take screens for first downs. He moves the chains.   

D-Jax is the most dangerous WR IMO.  The man is the best deep threat in the league right now with Vick getting him the ball on a dime 60 yards down field. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wes is the heart of this team, what a great comeback

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Wes is the best!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Wes Welker is the man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I felt like Wes was at least the TEAM mvp back in 2008. Cassel really depended on him as he was developing throughout the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I think Branch is a mix between welker and moss.    Not the every down deep WR but always open and on the same page as welker.   Welker is playing great and has alot of heart.   Tate keeps making plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Has a real shot at 100 rec for what, the 4th year now? coming of a major injury. i cant think of another player in any sport that overcame an injury so quickly and has done so well so soon

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Wes Welker Is NOT human...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Some appreciation for Wes Welker:
    I was thinking as I watched the Bears beat-down last week that Welker has really done a phenomenal job this year. Less than 9 months after serious knee surgery he's out there making plays, and now that his  knee is stronger, he is just killing people. He was money in the snow in Chicago, and I think that his attitude and toughness has really led the way for the receiving corps. The guy cannot be stopped and is fearless over the middle. I doubt he's even on the MVP radar, and of course with the year that TB is having he might not rate even if he were, but maybe NFL comeback player of the year? In a year full of great Patriot performances so far, I think that his is up near the top, especially considering his comeback from injury. 
    Posted by BelichickDisciple

He had a 4 game stretch where he had some difficulty - but I think it was because he was running the same routes before Moss was traded (and because the other receivers still were progressing). Once they changed his routs (and others came around) his performance became more like last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Some appreciation for Wes Welker : I'm going to say the most dangerous possession receiver as he continues to get first downs and take screens for first downs. He moves the chains.    D-Jax is the most dangerous WR IMO.  The man is the best deep threat in the league right now with Vick getting him the ball on a dime 60 yards down field. 
    Posted by Getzo

You could say 5 flanker WR (Moss, VJax, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Fitzgerald, etc) are the most dangerous because they have great speed and size and make big plays deep, but again, the value is the speed and efficiency in which he gets open.

Welker is an extension of a team's run game which is a huge bonus.

He's like a TE that gets open quicker and is harder to defend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I remember so many people saying Welker would be useless without Moss "drawing the safety".  Incredibly unfair to an incredibly talented player with more heart than some entire organizations have combined.  Welker is the perfect football player.
    Posted by pyegian

The pundits can blab all they want. Welker can find that one little 3 foot square spot in the middle of several defenders and Brady can deliver a laser right where it needs to be for him to catch it. If Brady doesn't see a clear lane the ball will go to someone else and Wes will throw a block at the closest man.

Sections
Shortcuts