Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.

more the reason i hope the O-Line is solid then ever.i also wouldnt mind seeing the pats pick-up recently released langston walker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/brady-belichick-should-brace-for-blitzes/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/08/bills.ap/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.

I can't imagine why teams wouldn't blitz Brady.

Blue New Jersey was able to derail the 2007 Pats by pressuring Brady. Conventional wisdom was that you couldn't blitz Brady, because he would pick you apart. The Giants, however, had the personnel to bring the heat on Brady without blitzing a great deal. Most teams don't have that personnel, but I still say you're better off chasing him around the pocket than you are sitting back waiting for him to pick you apart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.:
    [QUOTE]more the reason i hope the O-Line is solid then ever.i also wouldnt mind seeing the pats pick-up recently released langston walker. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/brady-belichick-should-brace-for-blitzes/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

We already know this. He will be blitzed much more than ever. Welker on the bubble screen and quick slants will be huge this year. He and Moss will need to get a lot of YAC, and probably will given one-on-one open field tackle opportunities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchfla. Show mitchfla's posts

Blue New Jersey derailed an injured Brady, remember the boot he was wearing before and after the Superbowl, the Jets could have put pressure on Brady in the Superbowl. Eli Manning? Really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

The pats are stacked at o line

dont worry about brady . He is going to kill it this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.:
    [QUOTE]The pats are stacked at o line dont worry about brady . He is going to kill it this year
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE] I agree they are stacked,but you can never have to many better players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

and also...

the pats still have kevin faulk, fred taylor etc

swing passes and draws from that bunch should alleviate the pressure as well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

wes welker too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

thats just it they are good when the pressure is in bradys face.but why let that happen?some good blocking will do the trick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

That would be a bad idea on most teams. Brady can pick up a blitz pretty well and toppled with the fact that they have some good RBs on the roster the Pats will run more this year. Don't forget that the only RB we had at SB 42 was Maroney. He isn't effective unless he is in an open field. By all means, Blitz away. 

The last thing the Patriots should be worried about is their offense. Their offense is as titanic as it was in 2007. Defense should be their chief concern. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine why teams wouldn't blitz Brady. Blue New Jersey was able to derail the 2007 Pats by pressuring Brady. Conventional wisdom was that you couldn't blitz Brady, because he would pick you apart. The Giants, however, had the personnel to bring the heat on Brady without blitzing a great deal. Most teams don't have that personnel, but I still say you're better off chasing him around the pocket than you are sitting back waiting for him to pick you apart.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The Steelers do and it's a shame we won't see it because the cheatriots might not make the playoffs again if Brady goes down.  I see every team blitzing Brady.  He looks fragile, gun shy and doesn't take off like the old days, teams are going to exploit this.  He will soon join the ranks of Cunningham and Palmer of guys who were never the same after having their knees shredded like a hulk hogan t-shirt.    I guarantee this will be the year Brady throws career high interceptions.  For 3 quarters of total play I have seen Brady get nailed 3 good times.  Twice by the Bengals and once by the Redskins and that was preseason.  Wait until the games mean something.  Get ready boys it's going to be another miserable year watching the playoffs again this year. 

Who is the backup quarterback again? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]and also... the pats still have kevin faulk, fred taylor etc swing passes and draws from that bunch should alleviate the pressure as well
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Not to throw water on the fire, but if our O-Line is stacked why did we quickly sign Kendall Simmons in place of Seymour. We traded a D-Line guy and signed an O-Line guy. Does that mean that BB and crew are more comfortable with the D-Line than the O-Line?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Here's a little tid bit from your old pal Leon.
    The pats Oline gave up more sacks then any other team in the league last year!I believe the # was 47.Brady can't take getting hit once let alone 47 times!

Gnaw on that and get back to me when you can.
    Yup that was bile that shot up the back of your throats!

LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Unless Brady wakes up one day channeling Matt Cassel, I don't expect to see numbers anywhere near those.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

No real surprise here...every Pats' fan who follows the team knows this. So does BB, his coaches, and the Patriot players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

If teams do start blitzing Brady more often, pickup Kevin Faulk in your fantasy football leagues.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Blue New Jersey derailed an injured Brady, remember the boot he was wearing before and after the Superbowl, the Jets could have put pressure on Brady in the Superbowl. Eli Manning? Really?
    Posted by mitchfla[/QUOTE]

I thought that boot was a belichick prop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Leon, honey, you're stealing my stuff from other discussions.
    (Sack! + Simmonds, for 2 examples)

Are you finally exposed as Borges in disguise?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever. : I thought that boot was a belichick prop.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

No, it was not like Manning faking a bursa sac injury last year and using that as an excuse for poor play at the beginning of the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

You Claudius-Yes I did take the 47 # from you.Credit given but Simmonds???I don't know what you are talking about.

47 times last year!!!!Yipes! Do the pats have a backup QB?If so I suggest that you go get his jersey while it's still cheap because there is no way Brady is going to last the season.He took two good hits in the last 2 years and they both sidelined him!

Hey that stellar draft you guys had should help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a little tid bit from your old pal Leon. The pats Oline gave up more sacks then any other team in the league last year!I believe the # was 47.Brady can't take getting hit once let alone 47 times! Gnaw on that and get back to me when you can. Yup that was bile that shot up the back of your throats! LOL
    Posted by LeonLike[/QUOTE]

Two diffrent QBs. Cassel holds onto the ball for as long as he can and even leaves the warm and protective shield that is the pocket and scrambles out looking to get defensive players away from their coverage because he doesn't trust his arm. Brady stands tall in the pocket and will get the ball to an open reciever in 2 seconds flat. Not to mention, the Jets don't have a great pass rushing defense like the Giants.

Also, everyone know Lito Sheppard is easy pickings, Leon. Look fo Randy Moss to line-up with him all season long. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PedroiaThaDestroyah. Show PedroiaThaDestroyah's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a little tid bit from your old pal Leon. The pats Oline gave up more sacks then any other team in the league last year!I believe the # was 47.Brady can't take getting hit once let alone 47 times! Gnaw on that and get back to me when you can. Yup that was bile that shot up the back of your throats! LOL
    Posted by LeonLike[/QUOTE]

Brady Has a Bit, Just a BIT more experiance handling those situations compared to Cassel, But this is Leon talking here so he's got to be right on this one

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Please don't get me started on Brady-It's too late to get into all of off the field distractions this past year.You know with the new wife dragging him around the world by his nose,the shooting incident,the poor guy he's got panhandling to pay back selling his garbage,the wife likes to bet on sporting events and not once did he show up on the sidelines to support his teammates last year.Not once!Great teammate.

Anyway Gang!Night Night time for Leon.You know the old saying-Early to bed and early to rise makes Leon not only healthy but wealthy and oh so very wise.

Y'all have a nice night now....ya'hear!?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMuscle-. Show BostonMuscle-'s posts

I wonder if leon played football? Tell us another story

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

This is pretty obvious to me.  I don't think you're going to see teams send the house, you're probably going to see three man lines with two other gaps they'll try to shoot but you're still guaranteed 5 rushers per play.

It all comes down to the offensive line doing their job.  If Brady has 4 seconds with the ball in his hands he is going to have someone to throw to with this group.

Sections
Shortcuts