Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradysbgstfan. Show bradysbgstfan's posts

Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.

Blue New Jersey was able to pressure Brady not only because of his slight injury, but because they were able to use only the D-Line and get to him, they had/have so much depth at that position, it's ridiculous, I do agree Brady's injury played a factor in that game, but come on, don't tell me you can only bring your front 4 with heavy pressure and expect to be a sharp shooter like he was for those 18 previous games. It just isn't going to happen. Now most teams can't do that, so even if they do blitz, Brady will have a full arsenal at his disposal and make everybody pay this season! At least lets hope so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Blitzing a QB like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees ect. is risky. Going to have alot of one on ones on the outside and even sometimes across the middle no one will be there, screens also work well. So if I had to choose, I'd let TB pick my D apart slowly rather than him burn my DBs with a bomb down the field to Randy Moss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

From the Eagles game in 2007 onward, Brady was getting hit 1 in 10 pass attempts.  That's not opinion, it's a fact.  Even if we discount Cassell's hits and sacks from last year, Brady took way too many hits from the Eagles game forward.  I think it should be an area to watch closely.  Not when we're playing scrub defenses, but when we meet a defense worth a hoot.  You know, the type of defense most likely to be had by our opponents late in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.:
    From the Eagles game in 2007 onward, Brady was getting hit 1 in 10 pass attempts.  That's not opinion, it's a fact.  Even if we discount Cassell's hits and sacks from last year, Brady took way too many hits from the Eagles game forward.  I think it should be an area to watch closely.  Not when we're playing scrub defenses, but when we meet a defense worth a hoot.  You know, the type of defense most likely to be had by our opponents late in the playoffs.
    Posted by carawaydj

You forget that the after the Eagles game, the weather in the NE started to get all north easty. We faced the Eagles, Steelers, and two games with double digit wind current. Brady had to face good defenses and Mother Nature, herself. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

What about when the Patriots played the Panthers in the other SB? Brady was 100% healthy and the team successfully ran several "boot-leg" plays to avoid their huge D-Line.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

They do have an answer its called 5 rbs who can all catch and block. Its called Galloway and Moss on Deep routes while Welker TE's and rbs kill the blitz with dink and dunk. Remember the Kevin Faulk draw. Fred Taylor runs that play effectively. Look for Watson and Baker to alternate with Mathews while he blocks and they catch. Especially Watson(The forgotten man) over the middle Still runs a 4-5 40 last I checked! We have specifically geared up to kill the blitz this year and don't be surprised if after a few weeks teams remember why they stopped blitzing us in 07!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever. : You forget that the after the Eagles game, the weather in the NE started to get all north easty. We faced the Eagles, Steelers, and two games with double digit wind current. Brady had to face good defenses and Mother Nature, herself. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

That's basically why I said we should pay attention to how the O line does against good defenses.  When the playoffs arrive, the teams get better, the weather gets bad, and the two teams you mention could very well be our opponents enroute to a Lombardi.  How our O line performs in those conditions against those defenses is what really matters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

They do have an answer its called 5 rbs who can all catch and block. Its called Galloway and Moss on Deep routes while Welker TE's and rbs kill the blitz with dink and dunk. Remember the Kevin Faulk draw. Fred Taylor runs that play effectively. Look for Watson and Baker to alternate with Mathews while he blocks and they catch. Especially Watson(The forgotten man) over the middle Still runs a 4-5 40 last I checked! We have specifically geared up to kill the blitz this year and don't be surprised if after a few weeks teams remember why they stopped blitzing us in 07!
    Posted by TrueChamp

1. Teams did indeed stop blitzing us, but the kryptonite turned out being able to apply pressure without blitzing.  Few teams had the D to pull this off.  In fact, only a few got close.  Of course, we know that one of them got more than close.

2. Remember the decision to go with one less active TE in the Superbowl?  I remember Reiss blogging about it and suggesting we were banking on the spread offense.  We weren't equipped to do the scenario you point to, but we did not go into the SB with an adequate backup plan to protect Brady.  I hope the answer you suggest we will do is in fact what we do.

3. We will have to wait until we face a good defense before any of us know for sure if we'll be better off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Here's a little tid bit from your old pal Leon. The pats Oline gave up more sacks then any other team in the league last year!I believe the # was 47.Brady can't take getting hit once let alone 47 times! Gnaw on that and get back to me when you can. Yup that was bile that shot up the back of your throats! LOL
    Posted by LeonLike

Gnaw on this, douchbag

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever. : 1. Teams did indeed stop blitzing us, but the kryptonite turned out being able to apply pressure without blitzing.  Few teams had the D to pull this off.  In fact, only a few got close.  Of course, we know that one of them got more than close. 2. Remember the decision to go with one less active TE in the Superbowl?  I remember Reiss blogging about it and suggesting we were banking on the spread offense.  We weren't equipped to do the scenario you point to, but we did not go into the SB with an adequate backup plan to protect Brady.  I hope the answer you suggest we will do is in fact what we do. 3. We will have to wait until we face a good defense before any of us know for sure if we'll be better off.
    Posted by carawaydj

I agree going against a virtual rookie - who needed to blitz Cassel?

In 2007 as the season wore on so did Kyle Brady's injruies adn slowness. I too commented on that in my blog especially since the Blue NJ should have won game 16 if they kept up the pressure on Brady in the 2nd half. The Blue NJ adjusted and by not attacking Brady allowed the Pats to win. Blue NJ then had the confidence in the SB because they knew they should have won in game 16.

This year will be no different then if Brady played last year in that teams will try to pressure him. Even more so now that he has had his injury and will seem to be not as mobile in the pocket.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

That would be a bad idea on most teams. Brady can pick up a blitz pretty well and toppled with the fact that they have some good RBs on the roster the Pats will run more this year. Don't forget that the only RB we had at SB 42 was Maroney. He isn't effective unless he is in an open field. By all means, Blitz away.  The last thing the Patriots should be worried about is their offense. Their offense is as titanic as it was in 2007. Defense should be their chief concern. 
    Posted by 49Patriots
    thats the point.the more the reason to make sure the offense stays strong.for it may be needed to carry the defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

I'm sure Brady will be blitzed more than ever this year.  This is why Baker
    and Matthews will be doing the blocking instead of Watson and Thomas.

A sure way to get Brady injured would be to sign Langston Walker.  The
    Bills cut Walker because he missed his assignment on the first ten plays
    in their last preseason game.

Kendall Simmons is a good addition.  When healthy, he was a starting
    guard for Pittsburgh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

simmons is good,and im not saying walker needs to start but he was released because they have a draft pick for that spot.they tried to trade walker,but adding more solid depth dosent hurt anything.not to mention the last two games of the pre-season,our o-line was getting brady pounded,and injured.thats with the te,s in there blocking.it dosent matter to me if walker is here or not.the point is the o-line needs to be solid this year,for it will be our offense thats gonna get the pats anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

BB doesn't stick his head in the sand and move on. He analyzes the HELL out of his past mistakes and thoroughly learns and adapts from them, before he moves on.

There is no question in my mind he has watched not only the superbowl but many of the close games in the 2nd half of that year as teams adjusted to them and learned what he would have done differently on BOTH sides of the ball. I am sure he did that prior to 2008-09 season before Brady got hurt. I am positive he is and will have the team well prepared for anything they've seen before and will wait and see and adapt to what ever new wrinkles teams bring to the table THIS season.

He always does. He never stands Pat(no PUN intended). He evolves with the game/rule changes and the personnel changes. That's what makes him great.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Here's a little tid bit from your old pal Leon. The pats Oline gave up more sacks then any other team in the league last year!I believe the # was 47.Brady can't take getting hit once let alone 47 times! Gnaw on that and get back to me when you can. Yup that was bile that shot up the back of your throats! LOL
    Posted by LeonLike

LOL!  You are an idiot.  The QB has much to do with that Statistic.....Cassell was more hesitant at throwing the ball and instead of throwing the ball away, he would tuck and run...resulting in a sack.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever. : 1. Teams did indeed stop blitzing us, but the kryptonite turned out being able to apply pressure without blitzing.  Few teams had the D to pull this off.  In fact, only a few got close.  Of course, we know that one of them got more than close. 2. Remember the decision to go with one less active TE in the Superbowl?  I remember Reiss blogging about it and suggesting we were banking on the spread offense.  We weren't equipped to do the scenario you point to, but we did not go into the SB with an adequate backup plan to protect Brady.  I hope the answer you suggest we will do is in fact what we do. 3. We will have to wait until we face a good defense before any of us know for sure if we'll be better off.
    Posted by carawaydj

We were not equipped because of injuries to Thomas Watson and Kyle Brady not being near 100% but more importantly lack of rbs. The main problem was sorry to say we were outcoached that game. We got comfortable with the spread offense as you said and never properly adjusted. We kept going down field all game and it just wasn't working. Belichick was VERY involved with coaching the defense while the offense was on the field and I think Mcdaniels was in over his head! Im not blaming BB I am just stating what I saw a lot in that game. 3 and outs after failed down field passing plays.

I think this is the main reason we kept 5 rbs and auditioned TE help finally pulling off a very underated last minute trade for Matthews(great blocking TE) Only time will tell but it looks like BB is fully aware of the blitz and has indeed taken appropriate steps to counter!

Also obviously the Giants were and still are(imo) the best team to apply pressure with the defensive line only it just took us to the 4rth qtr to properly adjust. Then unluckiness set in with our dropped interceptions,in the grass miss call and helmet catch! In all seriousness Brady still won that game with an epic drive and we pressured Eli into to losing it but Samuels and co. just couldn't hold onto the ball. 

We will be just fine!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Some are thinking Brady will be Blitzed more then ever.:
    more the reason i hope the O-Line is solid then ever.i also wouldnt mind seeing the pats pick-up recently released langston walker. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/brady-belichick-should-brace-for-blitzes/ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/08/bills.ap/index.html
    Posted by mosseffect43

Preface: I did not click on the links.

Probably more a case of HOPING he will be blitzed more my friend...hoping.

Some just can't stand the fact that he's back and will [likely] incite any means to sideline him again. Mind you I do not share this sentiment (sidelining him) naturally, but the conspiracy theorist within me believes it plausible.

The talking heads are probably hoping to circle *erk over a jughead brothers super bowl this season. *gag* Speaking of which, did you notice the gruesome twosome is back with more Oreo licking commericals this year? When I saw it I threw up a little bit in my mouth...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

CT-I hope our O-line does its job,but if the pre-season is the measureing stick,im not comfortable with them.

Sections
Shortcuts