Some good news . . .

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Some good news . . .

Like I said we'll watch and see what happens with Patterson versus Dobson and Boyce.  But jackson doesn't really help the argument that BB is the best GM ever.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"State your premise as to who is on the same plane as BB as a GM and back it. "

Giants GM and Ravens GM. 

Back it up: both have repeatedly beat us when it counted in the postseason in recent years, often dominating us at the line of scrimmage and fielding better athletes at the skill positions. 

While you are polishing BB's Hall of Fame bust (which he will obviously deserve when it's all said and done), the rest of us are wondering why is so set on his ways of doing things when it's obvious that if the game hasn't passed him by he needs to at least be open to changing some of his approaches. Oh, unless you are happy with feasting on a weak division, making fun of the Jets and losing when it counts. Newsflash: for most of us, getting high on BB's manipulation of the salary cap is not going to get us through the night. I remember when you were all geeked up on how BB was manipulating Pittsburgh and their cap woes around Emmanuel Sanders. BB foolishly lowballed to show how smart he was, and you delighted in the position he put Pittsburgh in. You lost track of the reality that we needed that player, or decided we did, and then went after him with one hand tied behind our back, the hand that was tied to BB's rigid methodology. Pittsburgh easily kept the player  over the Pats' lukewarm overly clever offer.. But of course you reassure us they will have even more cap trouble next year!!! Oh that's a great feeling! Sorry,I'd rather win games than get high on those fumes....

Hernandez is not BB's fault, but let's face it, the headlines are full of items that expose his weaknesses right now. Gronk, BB was able to draft because of injury concerns (those coming home to roost), Hernandex (character concerns, nuff said), Welker (may not be a key loss but an example of incredibly rigid salary negotiations, another part of the "value" philosophy, oh, and as our consolation prize we get Tebow headlines and more "smartest guy in the room" stuff by BB, pulling in a player with virtually no upside and tons of media headaches (the kind he himself hates). 

We may end up having a great season but you CANNOT spin this as a great month for BB and his player acquisition strategies. Unless maybe you are a Tebow nut. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

How about this for good news, the Sox are still in 1st place and the B's are in the S.C. Finals! 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I didn't think there was any way Cordarrelle Patterson was going to last past pick 15, there were rumors he was immature, that the receivers at Tenn were so talented that it helped him, that he was raw, etc...but I saw him in interviews and I thought he handled himself very well. I didn't think this kid showed any of that thug personality and he looked like the most explosive player (at that size) in the draft. Honestly he looked like one of the few special players in the draft - when we didn't select him I thought...well we must know something about his past/personality that everyone at home doesn't realize. Seems pretty stupid now to think that we know something that others don't - we just gave 40 million to a guy that very well may be a psycho - and Belichick and the other coaches got to spend 8 hours a day with the kid...travel with him...talk to him...eat with him...

Something is going wrong in our player acquisition department.

Good post, as usual.
    I truly believe at this point, the best thing that could happen to the Pats organization is for BB to step down as GM and focus solely on his HC responsibilities. Belichick has had so many head scratching moves and 1st, 2nd and 3rd round busts the past several years. I lost confidence in BB fielding a good D a long time ago. And I don't expect much from the D this year with all the usual jags that BB has signed in the offseason. But BB will never step down from his GM position. His ego is way too big.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"State your premise as to who is on the same plane as BB as a GM and back it. "

Giants GM and Ravens GM. 

Back it up: both have repeatedly beat us when it counted in the postseason in recent years, often dominating us at the line of scrimmage and fielding better athletes at the skill positions. 

While you are polishing BB's Hall of Fame bust (which he will obviously deserve when it's all said and done), the rest of us are wondering why is so set on his ways of doing things when it's obvious that if the game hasn't passed him by he needs to at least be open to changing some of his approaches. Oh, unless you are happy with feasting on a weak division, making fun of the Jets and losing when it counts. Newsflash: for most of us, getting high on BB's manipulation of the salary cap is not going to get us through the night. I remember when you were all geeked up on how BB was manipulating Pittsburgh and their cap woes around Emmanuel Sanders. BB foolishly lowballed to show how smart he was, and you delighted in the position he put Pittsburgh in. You lost track of the reality that we needed that player, or decided we did, and then went after him with one hand tied behind our back, the hand that was tied to BB's rigid methodology. Pittsburgh easily kept the player  over the Pats' lukewarm overly clever offer.. But of course you reassure us they will have even more cap trouble next year!!! Oh that's a great feeling! Sorry,I'd rather win games than get high on those fumes....

Hernandez is not BB's fault, but let's face it, the headlines are full of items that expose his weaknesses right now. Gronk, BB was able to draft because of injury concerns (those coming home to roost), Hernandex (character concerns, nuff said), Welker (may not be a key loss but an example of incredibly rigid salary negotiations, another part of the "value" philosophy, oh, and as our consolation prize we get Tebow headlines and more "smartest guy in the room" stuff by BB, pulling in a player with virtually no upside and tons of media headaches (the kind he himself hates). 

We may end up having a great season but you CANNOT spin this as a great month for BB and his player acquisition strategies. Unless maybe you are a Tebow nut. 

Best Post I have read this year!  BRAVO!!!!  Kudos for calling it like it is and not being a yes man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

How about this for good news, the Sox are still in 1st place and the B's are in the S.C. Finals! 

Yes, but Bailey blew another save last night and gave up a 2 run blast to lose it.  Bruins better revert back to how they need to play in Game 5 or they could be in serious trouble. Just saying. Hawks got life back.  If you don't skate, you wont win.  Chicago can't beat Boston is Boston plays it's game. If the Bs let the Hawks play their game by not skating with them, the Hawks will win.

Pretty simple. The Bs can control the series if they simply will themselves to skate for 60 minutes.  Not 45 or 55 minutes, 60 minutes.

The B's can not play the run & gun style. They need to get back to controling the middle of the ice stopping that stretch pass, controling the tempo. One way to get the legs going is start dump and chasing and when you get there pound those d-men cause eventually the turnovers will come cause human nature will kick in. Yeah Bailey blew one last night but over all the Sox have been a fun entertaining team to watch. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just so you know, the rubes out here on the prairie are also singing the praises of the once and future Jerome Simpson (again).

My advice would be to take anything coming out of Winter Park with several very large grains of salt.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The ironic part in all of this is if but for a handful of plays here and there in all 5 Superbowls (the Pats could have lost any of the 3 Superbowls they won and could've won either of the 2 they lost), we are stuck on whether BB is a worthy coach and GM.  They won 3 -- deservedly so -- and lost 2.  When BB's teams won close games in the first 3, he was a genius above reproach.  When he lost the next 2 in close fashion, his whole team building and coaching philosophies are suddenly fair game for attack. 

Now apparently we should be questioning him for guys he didn't draft before they play their first game or put on the pads.  And oh yeah, let's beat him up for signing productive guys to extensions, because of course he should've known that pot heads eventually turn into murderous felons.  

Some of these threads kill me.     

18. This post has been removed.