some nice grades for Cannon and Siliga, as well as Solder, per PFF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: some nice grades for Cannon and Siliga, as well as Solder, per PFF

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I think there was really only a week or two between when Kelly went out and when Wilfork did so they didn't really spend much time together and if I remember right Vellano got most of those snaps. But Jones did have a nice move for a couple weeks before the bye week, after that it seemed like teams got caught up and almost washed him out of plays with little chip blocks

I agree with you that it took teams some time to figure out the best way to attack Jones was run right at him, with Siliga we don't have that problem, they have to run away from him and Vellano was definitely the weaker of the two, so he is best off coming from the bench.  

Now they have Sealver playing that Wilfork role and they tend to line him up over center on runningdowns or over the opponents best interior lineman, allowing Jones to find spots to attack.  We're not as strong as we were with Vince and Kelly obviously but we are much stronger than we were without Siliga.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think there was really only a week or two between when Kelly went out and when Wilfork did so they didn't really spend much time together and if I remember right Vellano got most of those snaps. But Jones did have a nice move for a couple weeks before the bye week, after that it seemed like teams got caught up and almost washed him out of plays with little chip blocks

I agree with you that it took teams some time to figure out the best way to attack Jones was run right at him, with Siliga we don't have that problem, they have to run away from him and Vellano was definitely the weaker of the two, so he is best off coming from the bench.  

Now they have Sealver playing that Wilfork role and they tend to line him up over center on runningdowns or over the opponents best interior lineman, allowing Jones to find spots to attack.  We're not as strong as we were with Vince and Kelly obviously but we are much stronger than we were without Siliga.  

Oh completely agree. Siliga is much better up the middle than either Vellano or Jones without a doubt. Glad we have him. I'm sure he'll be around next year too, not so sure both Vellano and Jones will be (I think it will be one or the other maybe nether if Armstead ends up ok and they draft a guy). Lets hope he can keep it up and he doesn't have that hole to exploit like Jones and Vellano does

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oh completely agree. Siliga is much better up the middle than either Vellano or Jones without a doubt. Glad we have him. I'm sure he'll be around next year too, not so sure both Vellano and Jones will be (I think it will be one or the other maybe nether if Armstead ends up ok and they draft a guy). Lets hope he can keep it up and he doesn't have that hole to exploit like Jones and Vellano does

Good thinking, Vellano could head down to the practice squad or get cut outright.  

I can't help but wonder how good this D might have been to start they year with Armstead, it would have been interesting to pair a defensive end his size with Vince and Kelly in the 3/4 or even have him at end with Chandler Jones on the other side in a 4/3.  Might have been scary good.  The NFL never works out this way because of injuries but the roster to start the season was as good as I can ever remember.

I've wanted BB to draft a DT for so long, but the longer he has gone without doing so only reinforces my belief that he takes the best player available regardless of need with those early picks.  If the draft falls differently this year, if DT ends up being undervalued and a great prospect falls to us I think he'll snap one up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I've wanted BB to draft a DT for so long, but the longer he has gone without doing so only reinforces my belief that he takes the best player available regardless of need with those early picks.  If the draft falls differently this year, if DT ends up being undervalued and a great prospect falls to us I think he'll snap one up.

This in a nutshell has been the greatest penalty levied by the team's consistent success.  Everyone already knows the story about how BB was planning to draft Steven Jackson, but was so shocked that VW fell in their lap that they grabbed him instead.  People forget that Seymour and Warren were both top 15 picks.  There just aren't that many guys with that kind of size and skill set available each year and most of the great ones don't make it to the end of the 1st (there are always exceptions but in general that has been the rule).  We've only had 1 top 15 pick since and that year (2008) was a horrible draft for DT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

You guys getting this?

Blount 189 yards/ 24 carries - 7.88 yards per carry

& he is pretty excited about going to the playoffs.

The o-line is in their element with lots of runs too.

Ridely is motivated too and showing a lot of pride.

Think the offense is now obligated / compelled to make running a big focus...this is good for the Pats prospects in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

To follow up on my last post I really believe that when BB traded Seymour the hope was to get a high enough pick in return to replace him.  Unfortunately the Raiders (who to that point had won 5 games or less in the past 7 seasons) somehow put together an 8-8 season.  Had that trend continued we would have had a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick which could have been used to add a difference maker on the DL.  I love Solder, but can you imagine a guy like JJ Watt on this team.  What a dam shame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Time to cash in on Cannon, BB did good by drafting him. I reckon he could get a 3rd for him.

Sections
Shortcuts