Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game

Start with lots of 2 TE sets, run to set up the Play action.

Give Ridley chances maybe running off right tackle with both Gronks blocking.  Mix in more screens with Ridley and Woodhead, who both catch well and have great outside edge speed (remembering the moves Ridley showed in the preseason). 

Short slant routes to Welker and Price on Chargers D will work (should give great YAC with Hernandez).

Gronk will open the center like he did 3 or 4 times in Miami - amazing how he catches eveything with no drops either as hard as he gets slammed in the middle of the field!!!

We need a fast and furious tempo mixing in the no huddle - that'll wear out this defense, too.

Then when they least expect it throw in another long pattern to Slater and/or Price. Still can't see how Chad fits in yet but for short, sideline back- soulder plays. We need Price more than we need Chad to get in the mix becasue he's faster and runs like a deer... where's he at now?

Don't think even the Chargers can keep up with a fast tempo Brady led attack with all these weapons. Predicting 5-7 scoring dirves if Brady's on and OL performs well..

What do you envision?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game

I'd like to see no huddle all game, run the ball, use theTEs, wear down their d-line and get some deep passes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaBostonFan. Show VirginiaBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see no huddle all game, run the ball, use theTEs, wear down their d-line and get some deep passes.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I agree they looked extremly dominant out of the no huddle. The only think i think their offense needs to do better is how to close out a game. They always forget about running the clock out at the end of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I liked what I saw of Ridley in pre-season but I don't really understand why so many posters feel like he should supplant BJGE right now.  The Wood-Ellis combo was excellent last yr and both played well in the opener.  Ridley and Vereen will both get their chances but I don't really see a reason to rush them on to the field yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm curious to see how they attack the Chargers.  My guess is two tight ends with a lot of the tight ends being split out wide against base defense

the idea is to get the tight ends matched up with linebackers in the open field, or a safety in man-to-man coverage

and if they go nickel/dime, then run

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

I like all the suggestions except for the bomb to Slater. He will just drop the ball. I like the guy but he got hands of stone just like Brandon Tate did! He was lucky to make the one catch he made against Miami. The 2nd time TB12 targeted hi, it was a perfect throw right in his hands and....clank!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like the no huddle also, would like to see that from the get go to run a high tempo pace from the begining with lots of passing and switch to a run heavy as the game goes on with Ridley and Vereen getting some good carries.

Also, if they win the coin toss I would like to see them receive.

Use a flea flicker and/or the Brady fake dirrect snap to Woodhead.

I want them to go out with guns a blazing from the get go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Posted by noahsark99[/QUOTE]

Start with lots of 2 TE sets, run to set up the Play action. 

yup 2 te min, and some 3 te

Give Ridley chances maybe running off right tackle with both Gronks blocking.  Mix in more screens with Ridley and Woodhead, who both catch well and have great outside edge speed (remembering the moves Ridley showed in the preseason).  

hope ridley is ready. like him and woody as 1 and 2. bjge has no shakeability. woody is looking even better this year and stronger.

Short slant routes to Welker and Price on Chargers D will work (should give great YAC with Hernandez). 

price is great on medium and long routes too.

Gronk will open the center like he did 3 or 4 times in Miami - amazing how he catches eveything with no drops either as hard as he gets slammed in the middle of the field!!! 

hern and gronk should be targeted in my opinion until they are stopped ie2 doubleteams and cant get free (casue even when doubled they do shake free sometimes. then play off of that.

We need a fast and furious tempo mixing in the no huddle - that'll wear out this defense, too.

Then when they least expect it throw in another long pattern to Slater and/or Price. Still can't see how Chad fits in yet but for short, sideline back- soulder plays. We need Price more than we need Chad to get in the mix becasue he's faster and runs like a deer... where's he at now?

thats been my point as well. price more valuable and should be on the field more with gronk and hern

Don't think even the Chargers can keep up with a fast tempo Brady led attack with all these weapons. Predicting 5-7 scoring dirves if Brady's on and OL performs well..

What do you envision?

as o line goes we go.
    ridley on field.
    rotate the players we have to keep them fresh.

linebackers and free safety need to step up (except fletcher, he has been very good).
    chung keep being superman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some offensive playcalls I'd like to see for the Chargers game : I agree they looked extremly dominant out of the no huddle. The only think i think their offense needs to do better is how to close out a game. They always forget about running the clock out at the end of the game.
    Posted by VirginiaBostonFan[/QUOTE]

"They always forget about running the clock out at the end of the game."

they is obrian. 

novice in training

and i agree with you

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I liked what I saw of Ridley in pre-season but I don't really understand why so many posters feel like he should supplant BJGE right now.  The Wood-Ellis combo was excellent last yr and both played well in the opener.  Ridley and Vereen will both get their chances but I don't really see a reason to rush them on to the field yet.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

hey siesta,
    its because they are better backs than bjge. he has effort and hard work.
    these other guys have speed and elusiveness (ridley also appears to have more power), neither of which benny has, which can allow the d to focus on the pass and not worry about the run. makes the defense job more easy and more likeley to be effective

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I like the no huddle also, would like to see that from the get go to run a high tempo pace from the begining with lots of passing and switch to a run heavy as the game goes on with Ridley and Vereen getting some good carries. Also, if they win the coin toss I would like to see them receive. Use a flea flicker and/or the Brady fake dirrect snap to Woodhead. I want them to go out with guns a blazing from the get go.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I like the no huddle also, would like to see that from the get go to run a high tempo pace from the begining with lots of passing and switch to a run heavy as the game goes on with Ridley and Vereen getting some good carries.

re ridley and vereen, music to my ears...

Also, if they win the coin toss I would like to see them receive.

Use a flea flicker and/or the Brady fake dirrect snap to Woodhead.

I want them to go out with guns a blazing from the get go.

i like it. i like it....

Sections
Shortcuts