Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady

I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list.
    Brady has many things that appeals to the NE fans. First, he was an underdog and didnt come from the pedigree to be a top rated QB. He is great and accurate at throwing short passes. He is good at reading defenses. He is very competitive and does everything he can to win.

Payton Manning and Joe Montana are the greatest QBs of all time and Brady is NOT. Brady would be an average QB on another team, like most Patriots who leave the PATs uniform.
    Get over it and enjoy the run that BB and The Kraft family have brought us.
    Go Pats and I think we have a shot at the SB this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady

Obviously you follow football very closely and know a lot about "Payton Manning"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady:
    I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list. Brady has many things that appeals to the NE fans. First, he was an underdog and didnt come from the pedigree to be a top rated QB. He is great and accurate at throwing short passes. He is good at reading defenses. He is very competitive and does everything he can to win. Payton Manning and Joe Montana are the greatest QBs of all time and Brady is NOT. Brady would be an average QB on another team, like most Patriots who leave the PATs uniform. Get over it and enjoy the run that BB and The Kraft family have brought us. Go Pats and I think we have a shot at the SB this year.
    Posted by rezadude

How can the Patriots have a shot at the Super Bowl this year if they have such a mediocre quarterback? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady:
    Obviously you follow football very closely and know a lot about "Payton Manning"
    Posted by shenanigan

and the "quaterback" position

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

yeah - thats why he has 3 rings and holds the TD record...

Nice try Colts fan... go back to your own board!

"Payton manning is superior to Brady"

Superior yet holds only one ring?  The funny part is how you can't even spell your QB's name correctly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Posted by shenanigan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

What a moron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

yeah - thats why he has 3 rings and holds the TD record... Nice try Colts fan... go back to your own board! "Payton manning is superior to Brady" Superior yet holds only one ring?  The funny part is how you can't even spell your QB's name correctly!
    Posted by IraqSteve

~I came on here to give this exact response...ya beat me to it.  I would have worded it as follows however:

"Agreed, Not to mention point-blankly, That Peyton Manning is the far superior QB than Brady is in several, perhaps EVERY aspect of his game (I rank it: Manning, then Jesus, then Montana), BUT It's also a good thing Manning has been surrounded by greater overall Offensive weapons and talent than Brady has during the majority of his NFL career, It's clearly the sole reason why Peyton Manning has been able to bring Indy more championships than Tom Brady has given N.E....in all, an excellent call by the author of this thread."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady:
    I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list. Brady has many things that appeals to the NE fans. First, he was an underdog and didnt come from the pedigree to be a top rated QB. He is great and accurate at throwing short passes. He is good at reading defenses. He is very competitive and does everything he can to win. Payton Manning and Joe Montana are the greatest QBs of all time and Brady is NOT. Brady would be an average QB on another team, like most Patriots who leave the PATs uniform. Get over it and enjoy the run that BB and The Kraft family have brought us. Go Pats and I think we have a shot at the SB this year.
    Posted by rezadude

What a coincidence..I was just over on a Colts forum telling them about my Colts season tickets and that Peyton Manning Sukkked. Nice to meet you Pats fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, seeing as how Tom is one of the best QBs at reading defenses in the NFL, I can't see how much Peyton Manning is better than him, unless you think Peyton Manning is vastly superior to every other QB in the NFL? I also have to disagree with you on Manning throwing a great deep ball, Peyton Manning's deep passes are not as acurate or sharp as Tom's. 

Finally, you say Tom is the benefactor of the New England Patriots? If Peyton had been drafted by the Jets and Bill Parcells, do you really think he would have such great NFL stats? 

There is no way Parcells drafts Peyton all those fancy weapons that he has on the Colts. Wayne (Round 1), Clark (Round 1), Gonzo (Round 1), James (Round 1), Brown (Round 1), Addai (Round 1), and one of the top 5 WRs to ever play the game in Harrison (Round 1). Parcells would focus on the defense, like Belichick, and look at what people say about Belichick's QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

As bad an overrated as Tom is, I wonder how many rings he'd have if he started with people like Moss, Welker, Dillion, ect, ect???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yeah your right I really want to trade Brady with a 14-3 playoff record for Manning with a 7-8 playoff record........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Of course Peyton Manning is superior to Brady. He dominated in the AFC championship in 2004 for example. He was 4-4 to his wide receiver Ty Law and he thread the needle to his tight end Rodney Harrison in double coverage in the end zone. He would have had an even bigger game if his center Jarvis Green hadn't kept falling backwards into him.

New England's standout CB Ty Law returns his third interception of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

I'm neither fan, and I think Peyton is better than Brady. That being said, that takes nothing from Brady. I just wonder sometimes if Brady would have the same luck with a different team and a different coach. Doesn't make him less talented... Some guys have the right fit with a certain coach and the way they do things.

But Peyton is playing with less than he had last year and they are undefeated.
    Pats are playing with everythign they had, and struggled in games against true opponents, jsut like they did the year they went undefeated.

Just makes me wonder. Look how well cassle did. Makes you think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm neither fan, and I think Peyton is better than Brady. That being said, that takes nothing from Brady. I just wonder sometimes if Brady would have the same luck with a different team and a different coach. Doesn't make him less talented... Some guys have the right fit with a certain coach and the way they do things. But Peyton is playing with less than he had last year and they are undefeated. Pats are playing with everythign they had, and struggled in games against true opponents, jsut like they did the year they went undefeated. Just makes me wonder. Look how well cassle did. Makes you think.
    Posted by funforme8

So you're comparing QB's by saying that you think the Colts are playing better recently. How do you apply this logic to the days when the Patriots were winning 3 Superbowls and we were destroying Indy in the regualr season and the Playoffs every year. By the way back then Brady's targets were David Patton, David Givens, Deion Branch, Troy Brown..All guys I like but certainly not Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark. Your Boat is full of holes better start bailing.Please tell me Brady is a system Quarterback because I never get tired of hearing that from outsiders.Colt Forum, 2 doors down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I'm neither fan, and I think Peyton is better than Brady. That being said, that takes nothing from Brady. I just wonder sometimes if Brady would have the same luck with a different team and a different coach. Doesn't make him less talented... Some guys have the right fit with a certain coach and the way they do things. But Peyton is playing with less than he had last year and they are undefeated. Pats are playing with everythign they had, and struggled in games against true opponents, jsut like they did the year they went undefeated. Just makes me wonder. Look how well cassle did. Makes you think.
    Posted by funforme8

First: 11/15/2009
    Last: 11/15/2009

This is your Very first post on this forum on the day of the Colts Pats game. You actually expect that anyone is going to believe your not a Colts fan. Go back to your own board Hillbilly Hick. All of you Colts fans are closet Patriots fans. That's why you spend more time on our message board than your own teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : funforme8 Posts: 1 First: 11/15/2009 Last: 11/15/2009 This is your Very first post on this forum on the day of the Colts Pats game. You actually expect that anyone is going to believe your not a Colts fan. Go back to your own board Hillbilly Hick. All of you Colts fans are closet Patriots fans. That's why you spend more time on our message board than your own teams.
    Posted by kman2004

You mean you're. Not your. And nah, not a Colts fan. Just what I think.
    If you think I am one, go ahead. I live in Boston, root for the teams, so it really doesn't bother me.

Hillbilly Hick? Hm. Wasn't aware that east Coast residents were Hillbillies.... Interesting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : So you're comparing QB's by saying that you think the Colts are playing better recently. How do you apply this logic to the days when the Patriots were winning 3 Superbowls and we were destroying Indy in the regualr season and the Playoffs every year. By the way back then Brady's targets were David Patton, David Givens, Deion Branch, Troy Brown..All guys I like but certainly not Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark. Your Boat is full of holes better start bailing.Please tell me Brady is a system Quarterback because I never get tired of hearing that from outsiders.Colt Forum, 2 doors down.
    Posted by ewhite1065

The fact that you made this post with the ire that you did lets me know your intelligence level.
    All I did was post a point. COuld be debated without getting nasty, as some do on here.
    Keep living in the past all you want. All that matters is now. And today.
    Boston fans think Brady is the best, Indy fans think Peyton is. It's how it is.
    Personally, I don't think either one is better than the other. I think they are both the best depending on what you use to scale greatness.
    Can't take away either's achievements or talent.

If that makes me a "closet Colts fan" then you guys really might want to amp up your blueberries in the morning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

It is unfortunate that the only resoonses I got to my post are mostly from a bunch of hoots n this forum. I think the fans who truly believe that Brady is vastly overrated are afraid to say it how it is. For example, they keep referring to "Brady's Record". People, it is not Brady's record. It is the Patriot's record. It is BB's record as a coach. The patriots went 11-5 without Brady last year and almost beat the Colts. Stop playing the team record as Brady's record. Also, whomever said Brady's long passes are better than Manning is kidding themseleves. Brady has been just short of abismal on long passes througout his career. Payton manning on the other hand, makes any receiver look like they are all pros.
    Go Pats!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : The fact that you made this post with the ire that you did lets me know your intelligence level. All I did was post a point. COuld be debated without getting nasty, as some do on here. Keep living in the past all you want. All that matters is now. And today. Boston fans think Brady is the best, Indy fans think Peyton is. It's how it is. Personally, I don't think either one is better than the other. I think they are both the best depending on what you use to scale greatness. Can't take away either's achievements or talent. If that makes me a "closet Colts fan" then you guys really might want to amp up your blueberries in the morning.
    Posted by funforme8

You claim you are a Colt's fan. Why are you spending your Sunday morning on the opposing teams message board then? LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It is unfortunate that the only resoonses I got to my post are mostly from a bunch of hoots n this forum. I think the fans who truly believe that Brady is vastly overrated are afraid to say it how it is. For example, they keep referring to "Brady's Record". People, it is not Brady's record. It is the Patriot's record. It is BB's record as a coach. The patriots went 11-5 without Brady last year and almost beat the Colts. Stop playing the team record as Brady's record. Also, whomever said Brady's long passes are better than Manning is kidding themseleves. Brady has been just short of abismal on long passes througout his career. Payton manning on the other hand, makes any receiver look like they are all pros. Go Pats!
    Posted by rezadude

Dude..Not worth the effort. Initiating ignore button RIIIIGGGHHTT NOW

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from funforme8. Show funforme8's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : You claim you are a Colt's fan. Why are you spending your Sunday morning on the opposing teams message board then? LOL
    Posted by kman2004

Please tell me where I said I was a COlts fan. Because I posted THIS:

"And nah, not a Colts fan. Just what I think.
    If you think I am one, go ahead. I live in Boston, root for the teams, so it really doesn't bother me."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : The fact that you made this post with the ire that you did lets me know your intelligence level. All I did was post a point. COuld be debated without getting nasty, as some do on here. Keep living in the past all you want. All that matters is now. And today. Boston fans think Brady is the best, Indy fans think Peyton is. It's how it is. Personally, I don't think either one is better than the other. I think they are both the best depending on what you use to scale greatness. Can't take away either's achievements or talent. If that makes me a "closet Colts fan" then you guys really might want to amp up your blueberries in the morning.
    Posted by funforme8

And all I was doing was posting a point that your point was off base. No Nastiness involved. If you post points like that on a Pats forum the day of a game you will get taken to task. Don't take it personally. Did I mention..Colts forum 2 doors down. By the way there is no correlation between ire and intelligence so you must just think anyone that disagrees with you is dumb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

But Peyton is playing with less than he had last year and they are undefeated.
    Posted by funforme8

Not really, Marvin really didn't show up all last season. The o-line was injury riddled last season too. Marvin=nothing last season and not there this season so doesn't matter. O-line is healthy this year but Gonzalez is out. Where does the less come in? o-line is more important than a receiver.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

My signature quote is all I need to say...

Sections
Shortcuts