Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady

In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady:
    [QUOTE]It is unfortunate that the only resoonses I got to my post are mostly from a bunch of hoots n this forum. I think the fans who truly believe that Brady is vastly overrated are afraid to say it how it is. For example, they keep referring to "Brady's Record". People, it is not Brady's record. It is the Patriot's record. It is BB's record as a coach. The patriots went 11-5 without Brady last year and almost beat the Colts. Stop playing the team record as Brady's record. Also, whomever said Brady's long passes are better than Manning is kidding themseleves. Brady has been just short of abismal on long passes througout his career. Payton manning on the other hand, makes any receiver look like they are all pros. Go Pats!
    Posted by rezadude[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will admit he is overated in YOUR mind. Now I will sit back and watch this overrated QB win a few more SB's before his sham  of a career is over!!

Go Pats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswin28. Show patswin28's posts

Shaugnessy had it right (and it pains me to say that):

"Remember Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain? Wilt had the eye-popping numbers, but Russell had the rings.

Peyton Manning is Wilt Chamberlain. Tom Brady is Bill Russell. End of story."

I'm not trading rings for pretty long balls anytime soon. 

P.S. Peyton is a cry-baby, to boot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CWNapoleon. Show CWNapoleon's posts

Payton manning on the other hand, makes any receiver look like they are all pros. Go Pats!

Just out of curiosity, do you mean receivers like David Patten, David Givens, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Bethel Johnson, Deion Branch (loved him, but you don't hear him ranked among the games best WR) Jermaine Wiggins (ok, I know he was TE, but you get the point)?

I have no problem with you saying Peyton Manning is better (I respectfully disagree), but give Brady his due.  He IS one of the greats of all time and disagree all you want but that IS how he will be remembered.

And just a thought in general, I've seen Tom Terrific's detractors saying things like, "put Brady on another team and we'd see that he's an average QB" or something along those lines.  Last time I checked, Peyton Manning has only played on one team with the same assortment of above-average (maybe even great) offensive weapons around him.  Truth is, there's no way to know in either case how either QB would fare on a different time.  My guess is they would still both be great.  Only difference is we KNOW Tom Brady can succeed with average receivers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Reza, you're on crack if you think Manning is better at every QB skill.

You mention Montana as one of the best. Brady is much closer to Montana than Manning. Joe was a cool customer. Brady is a cool customer. Manning is a spazz in big games.

Manning probably has slightly better physical tools, but he doesn't have the "it" the same way Tommy does.

Brady also never throws his teammates under the bus after a loss.

Brady also throws a cleaner long ball. Mannings wobble like a mofo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KarenInVA. Show KarenInVA's posts

In Response to Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady:
    [QUOTE]I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list. Brady has many things that appeals to the NE fans. First, he was an underdog and didnt come from the pedigree to be a top rated QB. He is great and accurate at throwing short passes. He is good at reading defenses. He is very competitive and does everything he can to win. Payton Manning and Joe Montana are the greatest QBs of all time and Brady is NOT. Brady would be an average QB on another team, like most Patriots who leave the PATs uniform. Get over it and enjoy the run that BB and The Kraft family have brought us. Go Pats and I think we have a shot at the SB this year.

Eli?  Is that you? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list. Brady has many things that appeals to the NE fans. First, he was an underdog and didnt come from the pedigree to be a top rated QB. He is great and accurate at throwing short passes. He is good at reading defenses. He is very competitive and does everything he can to win. Payton Manning and Joe Montana are the greatest QBs of all time and Brady is NOT. Brady would be an average QB on another team, like most Patriots who leave the PATs uniform. Get over it and enjoy the run that BB and The Kraft family have brought us. Go Pats and I think we have a shot at the SB this year.

You sound like a troll to me.

You say that montana is the greatest of all time, but brady, who's broken many of montana's records is average?

Tell me again how many SBs saint manning has won?

"In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady. In Reading defenses, there has never been a better quarterback than Payton. In throwing the long passes accurately, there are a handful of QB in the NFl history with his skills and Brady wouldnt make it to that list."

Let's anaylze you preposterous claim.

"In every aspect...payton is superior...." That's something a 5th grader would argue. Exactly what aspects? How is peyton superior? What evidence do you have to support your absurd proclamation?

"In reading defenses....never been better than manning..." see above.

"throwing long passes accurately..." BS

In case you should ever want to actually research your ridiculous claim here is where you can find some actual facts;

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams

I did the research. Guess what? peyton and tommy are virtually tied in every meaningful QB statistic tracked. QB ratings, yds per catch, adjusted yards per catch... etc.

The result of my research of these facts provides ample evidence to support my theory that you are an idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

[QUOTE]Of course Peyton Manning is superior to Brady. He dominated in the AFC championship in 2004 for example. He was 4-4 to his wide receiver Ty Law and he thread the needle to his tight end Rodney Harrison in double coverage in the end zone. He would have had an even bigger game if his center Jarvis Green hadn't kept falling backwards into him.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Nice...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Funny how dolt fans never mention the ESPN poll of NFL GM'S done a few years back - over 90% took Brady.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Go Pats indeed.  If you're a Pats' season ticket holder, I'm the Dalai Lama.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Link:

Peyton encourages his team after he throws three incompletions into the end zone

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImbDauwg. Show ImbDauwg's posts

Tom Brady is as good as or better than any quarterback who has ever played the game, including Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning.

If you've watched long enough, you wouldn't even hesitate before making the statement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : ~I came on here to give this exact response...ya beat me to it.  I would have worded it as follows however: "Agreed, Not to mention point-blankly, That Peyton Manning is the far superior QB than Brady is in several , perhaps EVERY aspect of his game (I rank it: Manning, then Jesus, then Montana), BUT It's also a good thing Manning has been surrounded by greater overall Offensive weapons and talent than Brady has during the majority of his NFL career, It's clearly the sole reason why Peyton Manning has been able to bring Indy more championships than Tom Brady has given N.E....in all, an excellent call by the author of this thread."
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    You know I could argue this all day long, but because I get ripped everytime I do (clearly people here don't like rational reasons why Manning may be better than Brady), I'll just leave it at - the point can be argued.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Link: Peyton encourages his team after he throws three incompletions into the end zone
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

That is priceless..LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Shaugnessy had it right (and it pains me to say that): "Remember Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain? Wilt had the eye-popping numbers, but Russell had the rings. Peyton Manning is Wilt Chamberlain. Tom Brady is Bill Russell. End of story." I'm not trading rings for pretty long balls anytime soon.  P.S. Peyton is a cry-baby, to boot!
    Posted by patswin28[/QUOTE]
    This is a pretty astute post.  For the pats fan, it should matter not who the better QB is but simply how many more championships you get to celebrate.  and the pats fans have gotten exactly that. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Like someone else said, dream the dreamy things about Brady. All I will say is, what have you done for me lately. The Patriots having won anything in 4+ years. Let's see, there are few plays that still stand out in my mind. Tom Brady tossing a 105 yard TD to Champ Baily that killed our playoff hopes. Then, the AFC championship game against the colts with 1 minute to go and tossing an interception aimed also for troy Brown that killed another SB hope. BB, not brady, has put this team in great positions to win 5-6 superbowls and they have come up with 3. When you give credit to brady for wins, also remember the ones that he single-handedly lost.
    It is a little like saying Pappelbon is as good as rivera (A joke of a comparison). I am a boston fan but know when to give credit to the opponent players when credit is due.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

To the GENIUS who thinks Peyton is better than Brady--SHORT MEMORY I SEE--

Remember when Peyton was known as the "CHOKER"?

If we (our defense, not TOM) had not let him  back in the one AFC Championship game that we lost the BIGGEST Lead in history, he still would not have a SB Ring at all!! They turned the heat up in the DOME!!

He still has trouble winning in the playoffs--LAST YEAR --maybe?

You are a YO-YO !!

Tom Brady is the BEST --You wait until December and you will see!!

He does not play in a DOME--59 points in the SNOW!!  REAL FOOTBALL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Please hand over your season tickets, you clearly have no idea what to do with them. 
    The easiest way to lose credibility on  this debate is to point out how It's obvious that (Brady/Manning) is the far suerior quarterback.  Even to people outside of Indy and New England it is a split decision.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

This is the stupidest thread I have wasted my time on.

"Peyton is better at everything QB"

"No, Tom is better"

Listen, they both do things really well. It is impossible to say which is better, yes you can sit and compare stats and numbers all day long. At the end of the day though, the two will come out pretty even. Personally, I think Peyton does a better job at the line than Tom, however, Tom has way better mechanics throwing the ball.

Some say Peyton has had better receivers, so of course his personal stats are better, but NE's defense has always been better than the Colts. This in turn helps Tom in a different way.

Ultimately, I think Bill has done a better job than Dungy did this past decade putting the best team on the field. That is why the Colt's have stuggled in the playoffs compared to the Pats who have fared quite well. Colt's fans can go ahead and say oh it is all Bill and not Tom, but why can't I say that about Dungy and Peyton? They are both very good QBs. The top two in the league, no doubt. Sorry Saints fans.

It is not a question of who's number one and number two with these guys. It is a 1A and 1B thing.

P.S. Tom is 1A, Peyton 1B.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CWNapoleon. Show CWNapoleon's posts

[QUOTE]Like someone else said, dream the dreamy things about Brady. All I will say is, what have you done for me lately. The Patriots having won anything in 4+ years. Let's see, there are few plays that still stand out in my mind. Tom Brady tossing a 105 yard TD to Champ Baily that killed our playoff hopes. Then, the AFC championship game against the colts with 1 minute to go and tossing an interception aimed also for troy Brown that killed another SB hope. BB, not brady, has put this team in great positions to win 5-6 superbowls and they have come up with 3. When you give credit to brady for wins, also remember the ones that he single-handedly lost. It is a little like saying Pappelbon is as good as rivera (A joke of a comparison). I am a boston fan but know when to give credit to the opponent players when credit is due.

Really?...Really?  Call out Brady for his subpar games, that's fair, he's had them, albeit very few, but fine.  I wouldn't include the AFC championship game loss to the Colts as a bad game by Brady, but fine. Here's where I don't get your arguement, wouldn't you have to hold Peyton Manning to the same standard?  What has he done lately?  We're on three years since his ONE Super Bowl victory.  By your metric, didn't Manning single handedly lose the games against the Pats in 2003 and 2004 then?  Your answer would have to be yes as Peyton had worse games both those years than Brady did against Denver in 05 and Indy in 06. 

Speaking of that single Super Bowl victory for the Colts this decade, would you argue that Tony Dungy was solely responsible for that?  If not, why?   

Also, speaking of games that stand out in the mind, remember when Peyton Manning threw 6 interceptions agaisnt the Chargers and Dr. Z from Sports Illustrated wrote an article about his heroic performance.  Not really related, but that was hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

You can make a decent argument about who's the better qb, clearly they're both all time greats.  But to say that Tom Brady would be "average" on another team is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard.  The man has made a career out of putting up very good numbers with very mediocre skill players, and record setting numbers with elite skill players.  His deep ball seemed pretty accurate when he broke Peyton's TD record.  What more do you want from a quarterback? Oh ya, rings, Tommys got a few more of those than Peyton.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I am a long-time Pats Fan and a season ticket holder. We all have biases and want to root for the home team and Brady is part of that. Having said that, Brady is no Payton Manning and will never be. In every aspect of the quaterback position, Payton manning is superior to Brady.

You are a funny guy. A Richard, but a funny guy. As Ohco likes to say when confronted with pure stupidity; Child Please!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well I'm a Colts season ticket holder and Tom Brady is soooo much better than Peyton Manning.  Peyton would just be average on another team and all my friends in Indy are just bias.
    That was fun, can I be a pirate next?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]Well I'm a Colts season ticket holder and Tom Brady is soooo much better than P e yton Manning.  Peyton would just be average on another team and all my friends in Indy are just bias. That was fun, can I be a pirate next?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Touche.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Tom Brady = Great post season QB.

Peyton Manning = Average post season QB.

Post season is the season that really counts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some Patriots Fans have lost it when it comes to Brady : You know I could argue this all day long, but because I get ripped everytime I do (clearly people here don't like rational reasons why Manning may be better than Brady), I'll just leave it at - the point can be argued.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Any point can be argued.

I like to stand in the middle of Kansas and marvel at how flat the earth is.

Nothing is more convincing than the evidence of my own eyes.

Which, of course, brings the matter of perspective into the discussion.

I have no doubt that random Steeler fan is wondering: "Why are these @holes always arguing about Brady and Manning when Ben Roethlisberger is clearly the best quarterback in the NFL?"