Some positive things...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Some positive things...

1.  Ridley can run the ball with consistency.  I like his style and his ability to keep churning his legs after initial contact.  Pats have a legit running game, and Vereen can only make it better. 

2.  Defense looks solid up front as we hoped and expected.  Secondary looks pretty good in containing Larry Fitzgerald for 4 yards, although the TE's hurt them today. 

When this team starts clicking they will be one of the best teams period.  It's amazing they played as bad as they did with still having a chance to win the game. 

I'm not one for saying it was a 'good loss', but I'll take the glass is half full with that performance.  I only see this team getting better.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Some positive things...

I liked Jones' play. Noticed the Cardinal's plays went away from his side?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not believe Ridley played as well as most everyone else does (especially in the second half) but the defensive play was excellent for most of the game. i know Kolb stinks but still they looked very good except for one drive (the key play was a botched tackle by arrington leading to a 30 yard play on 2nd and 18).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm on Board Getzo. This is an early season sloppy loss.

We got inconsistent and sometimes very bad offensive line play, Dropped balls, Blocked kicks, penalties and a big choke Job by the Ghost to finish us off. All that being said we almost won the game, the defense is nothing less than impressive and Ridley is a top flight running threat.

This is the Game plan I was asking for last year and the Defense....They just didn't execute at all on offense today until it was too late.

Let's see what happens against the Ravens next week. I don't expect the offense to get shut out for 3 quarters again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not believe Ridley played as well as most everyone else does (especially in the second half) but the defensive play was excellent for most of the game. i know Kolb stinks but still they looked very good except for one drive (the key play was a botched tackle by arrington leading to a 30 yard play on 2nd and 18).

[/QUOTE]

Ridley would of done better if the O-line didn't really sucked today.  I seen a lot of the back of the shirt with the #64 on it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I have to say that although I think I may of had four heart attacks in the fourth quarter of this game - I saw some decent things.

I think the offensive line needed to see a front like this and they needed to be put in a position with their backs against the wall. I think a lot of Brady's up and down performance was tied to the line play, when they improve I think they'll be fine. It was good experience.

I think the defense looked good for the most part, although I will say if the cards had a QB they would of scored 14 more points...there were guys wide open for TD's and he just flat out missed them. Chandler Jones was a monster again - they need someone on the other side to help.

If I never see Woodhead carrying the ball again I won't be upset.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ridley would of done better if the O-line didn't really sucked today.  I seen a lot of the back of the shirt with the #64 on it. 

[/QUOTE]

I like Ridley but I believe the offensive line was the primary problem on most of the runs that lost yardage. Ridley was great in week one and average in week 2. I t does not mean I want him benched. I believe they stuck with the run a little too long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

and Ridley would have played better if a FB was blocking for him too...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It seems every time the Pats line one back behind the other it is an obvious running play and they lose yardage. If they had a fullback that was a good pass reciever i might agree with you (was Kevin Turner the last fullback they had who was a real pass catching threat or am I forgetting someone).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It seems every time the Pats line one back behind the other it is an obvious running play and they lose yardage. If they had a fullback that was a good pass reciever i might agree with you (was Kevin Turner the last fullback they had who was a real pass catching threat or am I forgetting someone).

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  When we insert a FB a stuff is comming.  I remember the FB whiffing on a play and getting Brady sacked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I am starting to really like this d. If not for the Cardinals 2 yard TD-drive, they would've held an opposing O to 13 points - again. Jones and Hightower are going to  be huge for this team. This year and for years to come.

I like Edelman. Of course I think they need to use Welker more, but in the 2nd half he was consistenly getting open as  I saw it. There was even a couple of plays designed for the Gronk were I thought Edelman was more open. On some of the drives near the end I think he made som clutch catches.

Lloyd made some really impressive catches on the sideline, he is for real.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley running the ball 3.9 yac is the kind of consistency we can do without.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Tip-drill Int.

Hernandez injury.

One uncharacteristic drop each for Gronk, Lloyd and Welker.

Blocked punt that went out at the 2.

4-4 on FGs, 2 over 50, and a major league shank on #5.

And they lost by a grand total of 2 points.

A LOT ad to go right to keep them in this game, and the defense nearly pulled it off. 10 of those 20 points, maybe more, are directly on the O and ST. D kept them in it.

Jones looked awesome, not sure why he disappeared on the sideline for a few series.

LBs mostly looked very good.

McCourty impressed me.

DLine, overall, played pretty well.

Plenty of positives to be had. I wish we were talking about overcoming all those negatives in stealing a victory. Oh well. Hopefully Baltimore feels the wrath.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Special teams needs some serious work, block punt really killed us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

My thoughts exactly!! They needed an early loss anyways...rather take it out of the way now and get on a roll from here on out...Next week it's the real test for the D though, but so far they've been better than expected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I hope the Ravens feel the wrath but they had an ugly loss too so they may have some wrath they will wan't to dish out. I hope the offensive line is up to it because for 3 quarters today they did not seem to be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a terrible stat Mr clueless. Is this another everyone's fault but Brady game? The entire O stunk from the coaching on down including Brady.

I guess I should be happy that at least you're not trying to pin it on the D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Higher TOP (31-29). More yards (387-245). More first downs (25-15). Fewer TOs (2-1). Fewer punts (6-5). Slightly better 3rd down conversions (5/15 - 4/14), and the D held on the only 4th down conversion.

It would appear we are all mistaken, and the Pats actually won.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think play calling was an issue it seemed like there was too many called down field passes instead of just taking what the D gave us early.  They made some but they droped some.  Welker had two uncharacteristic drops, but I really don't like him trying to make plays down field... maybe it was just bad luck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a terrible stat Mr clueless. Is this another everyone's fault but Brady game? The entire O stunk from the coaching on down including Brady.

I guess I should be happy that at least you're not trying to pin it on the D

[/QUOTE]

Unabated personal attacks as usual.

You think a 3.9 yac is good Rusty?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Higher TOP (31-29). More yards (387-245). More first downs (25-15). Fewer TOs (2-1). Fewer punts (6-5). Slightly better 3rd down conversions (5/15 - 4/14), and the D held on the only 4th down conversion.

It would appear we are all mistaken, and the Pats actually won.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Pats are the better team who consistently tripped over their own feet today. If the Pats had not dropped some easy passes the conversion rate would probably have been much better. I suspect the Pats will be in at the end and the Cardinals will not be. Kolb still stinks and has never really accomplished much as a qb except take the Cardinals for an overpriced ride.

Sections
Shortcuts