Some Ravens Fans Support Domestic Violence

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Some Ravens Fans Support Domestic Violence

Well, were they cheering him because he was there? One can't assume they support his actions, do we?

One wonders, how would NE fans react if AH returned somehow? I know this would be the long shot from hell, but, what if?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

They supported a murderer for over 12 years.  It's no surprise they cheered for Ray Rice.  Because he's done so much for the community, it's easy for them to turn a blind eye to him beating his wife (then fiancee) unconscious.  I hate this team and their fans probably more than the Jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't think there's anything particularly special about Baltimore.

Better ask what is wrong with people, in general.

Of course, it's also the nature of rooting for football players. It's easy not to think of them as people at all. That could be anybody under that helmet. Is rooting for a "bad" guy to play well any worse than not really caring when a "good" guy gets hurt entertaining you?

I dunno.

Seems to me that rooting for laundry is pretty silly, in any case.

But it's fun . . .   so  . . .   ya know . . .

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I have zero respect for woman beaters.  I don't care what the situation was. Walk away.  If Tom Brady was arrested for beating Gisele and got off lightly like Ray Rice did, I would be complaining about it the same way.  And he would never have my respect again.  I would boo him and never cheer for him.  Ravens fans defend Ray Rice saying "Oh he's so great in the community.  This was one mistake." Beating your wife unconscious and dragging her out of an elevator isn't a mistake.  It's an act of violence and it shows just what kind of character you really are.  And apparently in Baltimore, they have no problem with murderers and woman beaters.  Says a lot about their mentality.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Funny thing is that murderer will end up in the Hall of Fame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Rice made a big mistake and he got a slap on the wrist by Goodell as far as I'm concerned, but the fans cheering for him is a non issue. There's been players on the Patriots who have had spotty records and we have still cheered for them like it didn't matter. An example right now would be Dennard. Not saying ravens fans are the greatest of fans, but this just isn't anything out of the ordinary

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rice made a big mistake and he got a slap on the wrist by Goodell as far as I'm concerned, but the fans cheering for him is a non issue. There's been players on the Patriots who have had spotty records and we have still cheered for them like it didn't matter. An example right now would be Dennard. Not saying ravens fans are the greatest of fans, but this just isn't anything out of the ordinary

[/QUOTE]

You can't compare punching a cop to punching a woman. And I come from a family with a lot of cops, they would all feel the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There was no clear cut video evidence of Dennard punching a cop, or dragging him up an elevator like laundry. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Obviously punching a woman is worse than punching a cop. What rice did is despicable, I'm just saying it's not like ravens fans are the only ones who would still cheer on rice on the football field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

who freaking cares.

its football they are supporting the player not his actions.

stop caring about Baltimore and all it's crap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

"He made a mistake." As if that makes it's all better. "It's OK, it was just this one mistake."

A mistake is misspelling a word or getting in a car accident, or not checking the expiration date on the milk carton before taking a swig.

Punching a woman in the head is a conscious choice, an intentional act. It's not a mistake. 

Just because you regret after the fact that you chose to do something stupid, doesn't change what it was. It was a violent act by a punk not worthy of anyone's respect. Frankly, I think Rice's biggest regret is he got caught. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who freaking cares.

its football they are supporting the player not his actions.

stop caring about Baltimore and all it's crap.

[/QUOTE]

+1!!!!!!!!!

the ravens are in rusty and dexters heads lol

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Seriously, if the same exact thing happened to a Patriot player or even the coach, what exactly would your reaction be? Honestly. I'd guarantee you claim that there was no actual proof of the hit and that the police were out to get the Patriots and framing Player/Coach A

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Rusty, I'm not arguing that what rice did isn't horrible. That's obvious and you're absolutely right that he is a punk for assaulting a female. What I'm saying is that it's football, the fans want to see a good product and rice is a very good player. I don't know how the fans around here would react to a situation like this, but neither do you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seriously, if the same exact thing happened to a Patriot player or even the coach, what exactly would your reaction be? Honestly. I'd guarantee you claim that there was no actual proof of the hit and that the police were out to get the Patriots and framing Player/Coach A

[/QUOTE]

If it was on film?  Is that a serious question or are you deciding to now become a troll with the rest of them?

My god, joe.  Sometimes you need to just call it like it is.

[/QUOTE]

What if BB did the same exact thing Rusty? What if there is the same exact scenario/video/etc. of BB and his girl? What exactly would your reaction be? Honeslty, that's all I want to know. Because I seriously doubt you would hate him and not cheer for him

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"He made a mistake." As if that makes it's all better. "It's OK, it was just this one mistake."

A mistake is misspelling a word or getting in a car accident, or not checking the expiration date on the milk carton before taking a swig.

Punching a woman in the head is a conscious choice, an intentional act. It's not a mistake. 

Just because you regret after the fact that you chose to do something stupid, doesn't change what it was. It was a violent act by a punk not worthy of anyone's respect. Frankly, I think Rice's biggest regret is he got caught. 

[/QUOTE]

You continue to be one of my favorite posters in here.  You're smart and you make sense.  Couldn't have said this better myself...although I tried. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it was on film?  Is that a serious question or are you deciding to now become a troll with the rest of them?

My god, joe.  Sometimes you need to just call it like it is.

[/QUOTE]

What if BB did the same exact thing Rusty? What if there is the same exact scenario/video/etc. of BB and his girl? What exactly would your reaction be? Honeslty, that's all I want to know. Because I seriously doubt you would hate him and not cheer for him

[/QUOTE]

"Greatest wife beater of all time. Thanks again, BB."

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts