Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.

so i see the panic on here and its annoying me for some reason so i did some research on guys still out there who could be on the Patriots in 2010.

LB:
    Keith Bulluck -i know we had our differences in the past, but the titans are finished and we could really use a leader and hard hitter like him.   Exactly the type of guy BB likes. Veteran, tough, and very talented.  and he is an UFA

Larry Foote -no stranger to big games and besides the odd name, he would be nice fill in for a big hole at OLB.  Plus, he has 3-4 experience.  UFA

Jason Taylor -you know the deal with him.  another solid option for 2010. UFA

WR:

Laveraneus Coles -possesion receiver with big play capability. seen him burn us plenty with the jets.

slim picking here. not much more impactful FAs.  A trade is more likely.

TE:

just trade for Olsen. best move possible here. 

so stop the panic. there are cheaper options out there and the draft will absolutely bring 2-3 major contributors for next year. 

i see 2 trades:

Olsen for a 4th.
    and I say BB pulls a shocker and trades for a guy who he has loved for a long time. Chad Ochocinco for a 2nd round pick.  my bold prediction. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.

The Bears don't even want to trade Olsen for a 2nd right now, no way on earth they take a 4th.  Also the Bengals are going for it all right now.  They think they can win.   Ochocinco is going nowhere.

I'd add Torry Holt to the WR list.  He's old but still put up 14 yards per reception (50 receptions 700 yards) last year and knows how to play the position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

What makes you think we'll get Ochocinco for a 2nd rounder? I'm curious to hear your logic behind the deal.

It seems like just yesterday the Bengals were trying to get TO/Antonio Bryant to solidify their team. They signed Antonio Bryant today. So then why would they dump Chad?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I started a Tory Holt thread a while back, but there were no takers. I think he is perfect. A two year deal (one option) for a HOFer. 

Much better than Mason, IMO. Much, much better than TO. Much better than Coles. 

I think Holt, Edelman, Moss as a trips setup will be fine going in, provided NE drafts someone.

And he is an extremely high character player. He can catch 50 balls. Beat most second corners. Runs laser precise routes. Has great hands. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I will add that he is not a playmaker, but NE only needs a dependable #3. Not dropsies McAiken, runs out of bounds Galloway, or anything like that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Jason Taylor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

THey need a TE and WR via FA.  Holt, TO, crumpler, who ever BB thinks would fit best.  The draft is needed for Defense.  What is Bulluck's story?  ILB or OLB?  3-4 experience?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

It would be great to get olsen, and they may realize they need to drop him, Martz does not use TE's down the field.  Olsen is a terrible mix, but they are going to want at least a low second for him.  Know anybody who has a couple of those?  The only ? for me would be his contract, n-e one know if he's looking for a new deal or owed a lot of money?  Cause we got a hole he could fill immediately, not in the 2 years it would take for gresham/hernadez to learn the offense.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I agree with zbellino about what kind of receiver the Pats need.  They don't need another flashy guy who's a deep threat but more of a solid, technical, possesion receiver.  They tried to use Stallworth opposite Moss but it was Gaffney, who they had picked up off the street, that was actually a much better complement and fit in this offense.  I still won't be surprised if we see Branch return.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

No to Olsen....he is a recieving TE and NE does not use TE's for recieving.  First priority is to block.  They already lost out on Fells so I hope they lock up Crumpler.

Bulluck is from the 4-3 system I believe and I doubt that NE will pick him up. I know NE needs a reciever, I just dont see where they are going to get one from.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Branch is too expensive dollar wise for a trade, so unless he gets cut I don't see it.  I wouldn't want Branch back anyway . . . from what I have read his knee is not going to get better, so it is what it is and he'd be in and out of the lineup with diminished skills to boot.  He's missed 15 games in the last 3 years and was hampered when he played.  He never had more than 5 TD and has been very inconsistent when he has played.  I'd pass.

I could see them bring back Kelley Washington.  He had a decent year last year for the Ravens.  NE would be happy with 34/431/2 as a 4th receiver and another special teams guy for what should be a relatively inexpensive contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.:
    I started a Tory Holt thread a while back, but there were no takers. I think he is perfect. A two year deal (one option) for a HOFer.  Much better than Mason, IMO. Much, much better than TO. Much better than Coles.  I think Holt, Edelman, Moss as a trips setup will be fine going in, provided NE drafts someone. And he is an extremely high character player. He can catch 50 balls. Beat most second corners. Runs laser precise routes. Has great hands. 
    Posted by zbellino

The only problem I have with Holt is that he may not want to go over the middle and get pummeled. Will Holt run a screen? It seemed like guys just couldn't get open last year and they need a receiver that can get some seperation and run after the catch yardage is just gravy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Holt sounds good on paper, there was a time when he was about the best route runner in the league and his work ethic was/is 100% pro.  That being said, his skills have eroded significantly, and even as the WR3 i'm not sure he could get the separation you need.  I could be wrong, I haven't really followed his game much the past few years, but he didn't seem to have much left in the tank last year. He won't cost much so if they brought him in the risk would be low 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I almost liked the idea of Kelly Washington coming back, but then I remember during the wildcard game he was talking a lot of trash.  Waving to the fans..."the dynasty is over, the dynasty is over..."  I dont want that guy anymore...well maybe bring him on then cut him before the season starts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I've always been a Bulluck fan. I wouldn't mind seeing him come in here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Alge and a rookie will be out TE's......

I would like to see J Taylor on this team...

I would like to see Ocho on this team and would have assumed that the Bengals would have traded him last year when they sucked and Ocho was opening his mouth.  Won't happen now.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Not saying they will do all these moves but if they did the team would be much improved and I think these are all realisticly capable of being done... question is does BB want any or all of them I think some of them yes...

LB Keith Bulluck
    DE Jason Taylor,
    TE Alge Crumpler
    C Kevin Mawae
    WR Antonio Bryant- signed with Cinci... so we missed out on this one. I wonder if BB wants to draft a WR early?
    OG Bobbie Williams- in case you don't know him He was solid starter with Cinci and is young.
    or... 
    OG Chester Pitts- Played for Houston and is a solid Guard that like B. Williams would be an immediate upgrade over Neal. 
    These are the players that I think immediately make this team into odds on favorite pre draft. If they have a solid Draft then it's Dynasty #2 begins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

No to Olsen....he is a recieving TE and NE does not use TE's for recieving.  First priority is to block.  They already lost out on Fells so I hope they lock up Crumpler. Bulluck is from the 4-3 system I believe and I doubt that NE will pick him up. I know NE needs a reciever, I just dont see where they are going to get one from.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

How can you say no to Olsen?  Why would you want to lock up a 32 year old guy thats gonig to cost us 1.2 million or so dollars? or use a second rounder to pick up an unproven guy to pay the same amount that you can have OLSEN FOR?   2010 Olsen gets 550 000 and 2011 olsen gets 650 000 with 1.9 million in incentives.  last 2 years hes reached 600 yards recieving with 5-8 TDS with ORTON and Cutler as QBs and no one to compliment him opposite him.

Regardless he is a TE he is better then these bums of JOSH REED, ALGE CRUMPLER, TORY HOLT, JOEY GALLOWAY, DAVID PATTEN stop living in the past and we need to stop going out and getting 34 year old recievers and wasting money on HAS BEENS.   OLSEN IS A HYBRID TE.  AND IF YOU havent NOTICE PATRIOTS Are a PASS FIRST OFFENSE, you think we could of used alge crumpler or OLSEN on 4th and 2 against the colts this year?  Olsen put up those numbers opposite HESTER think what he can do opposite Moss/Welker/Eldelman/Tate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : The only problem I have with Holt is that he may not want to go over the middle and get pummeled. Will Holt run a screen? It seemed like guys just couldn't get open last year and they need a receiver that can get some seperation and run after the catch yardage is just gravy.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

That is true. Holt was never a guts and glory guy. So, true, there is a drawback. 

Why can't Jerry Rice un-retire for one season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

sorry man i would love to see ocho cinco in a pats uniform but it's not going to happen, cincinnati is rebuilding, when they made the playoffs last season it told them they were going in the right direction and gave them hope, so they signed Bryant, no way do they sign another WR threat and cut coles just to trade ocho cinco, it would levae them with just one WR threat after the death of chris henry. RIP.

jason taylor and trade for brandon marshall (there aren't any top 5 calliber WR in the draft at #22) both are realistic and would improve us greatly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

sorry man i would love to see ocho cinco in a pats uniform but it's not going to happen, cincinnati is rebuilding, when they made the playoffs last season it told them they were going in the right direction and gave them hope, so they signed Bryant, no way do they sign another WR threat and cut coles just to trade ocho cinco, it would levae them with just one WR threat after the death of chris henry. RIP. jason taylor and trade for brandon marshall (there aren't any top 5 calliber WR in the draft at #22) both are realistic and would improve us greatly.
    Posted by natesubs

I agree they need to trade for marshall, which most likely is not going to happen.. but since nothings happened yet with him theres always hope.   And need to pick up some defense somewhere.  They can probably draft maybe golden tate in the second if hes still around in the second, the rest defense. 

Since they have yet to pursue any Running backs free agency suggests that we once again are going to give Maroney another shot... which is kind of ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

I started a Tory Holt thread a while back, but there were no takers. I think he is perfect. A two year deal (one option) for a HOFer.  Much better than Mason, IMO. Much, much better than TO. Much better than Coles.  I think Holt, Edelman, Moss as a trips setup will be fine going in, provided NE drafts someone. And he is an extremely high character player. He can catch 50 balls. Beat most second corners. Runs laser precise routes. Has great hands. 
    Posted by zbellino

I wholeheartedly agree. Holt is a precision route runner - perhaps one of the best route runners ever to play the game. As long as he can still get in and out of breaks at age 33, he would be perfect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

It isn't that I wouldn't mind having Olsen in a Pats uni but will Belichick use him with our system? Our system needs a TE that can block for the running game and be an extra Pass protector and Crumpler is that player to a tee. To call him a Bum shows you do not understand what he did for Chris Johnson in Tenn. CJ himself praised Crumpler for his effect on his ability to gain seperation.  Crumpler immediately makes the RB's we currently have immensely better.

I adjusted my previous post on Bryant... I had a brain cramp and forgot he was signed. And I also know Brabdon Marshal would be a good WR to have but I am not sure Belichick wants to go that route maybe he is planning on using the pick at #22 to draft a WR. There are a couple that might be available at that pick that would likely be good picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Holt talked about being a precision route runner the other day on NFL live. He said he practiced running routes over and over without trying to catch the ball. Once perfected ,he then ran routes while catching the ball. He could be a good influence on the younger receivers and also contribute to the wide receiver group.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Holt for the right price NEGAME... he might be a good fit but at the right price.

Sections
Shortcuts