Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market.:
    In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : How can you say no to Olsen?  Why would you want to lock up a 32 year old guy thats gonig to cost us 1.2 million or so dollars? or use a second rounder to pick up an unproven guy to pay the same amount that you can have OLSEN FOR?   2010 Olsen gets 550 000 and 2011 olsen gets 650 000 with 1.9 million in incentives.  last 2 years hes reached 600 yards recieving with 5-8 TDS with ORTON and Cutler as QBs and no one to compliment him opposite him. Regardless he is a TE he is better then these bums of JOSH REED, ALGE CRUMPLER, TORY HOLT, JOEY GALLOWAY, DAVID PATTEN stop living in the past and we need to stop going out and getting 34 year old recievers and wasting money on HAS BEENS.   OLSEN IS A HYBRID TE.  AND IF YOU havent NOTICE PATRIOTS Are a PASS FIRST OFFENSE, you think we could of used alge crumpler or OLSEN on 4th and 2 against the colts this year?  Olsen put up those numbers opposite HESTER think what he can do opposite Moss/Welker/Eldelman/Tate
    Posted by clarkeyj1

I dont know if you have watched NE at all, but if you did, then you will know that TE's in this system are used primarily for BLOCKING NOT RECIEVING.  If that was the case they would have never let Thomas go.  I do like Olsen, I just think it would be a waste in this system. He is a recieving TE, but you never know what BB will do. They are better off signing a guy like Crumpler who is a blocking TE and can catch ala Wiggins and then sign a rookie.

As far as 4th and 2...come on guy, BB was not going to use a TE for that play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Torry Holt would be a good pick up. But, I'd rather go young. e gotta stop bringing in these fill-in players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

why does holt need to go over the middle when you have welker or edelman for that.if holt was used just for a possesion receiver like harrison was with wayne.he would be great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

why does holt need to go over the middle when you have welker or edelman for that.if holt was used just for a possesion receiver like harrison was with wayne.he would be great.
    Posted by mosseffect43

At this point, I don't think we can be choosy! We need a legit #2 and if we don't draft Tate or any other high pick WR, then we better sign Holt. He has been to pro-bowls and is a precise route runner which BB admires. Remember before Moss, most of our Wr were slot/possession type so he should do well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Holt is a good fit at the right price and then the question is would he want to play in New England a cold outdoor location at this point in his career?

As I mentioned earlier BB loves Crumpler and talked very highly of him a couple years ago at the Pro Bowl when he was coaching there. Add that to the Praise CJ has given him and CJ is not happy if Tenn. isn't able to keep him from what I have read he is pushing the Team to resign him. I'm not saying Crumpler turns Maroney into CJ but he obviously would be a huge addition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Realistic targets I would love

J. Taylor - solid veteran who BB absolutely loves and admires(plus he admires and is friends with T. Brady)

J. Reed - we got to see him up close for many years and he came for a visit. He would be a pretty cheap signing and theres some upside to him (albeit not too big) because he has never had a great QB

A. Crumpler - came in for a visit and there are no NFL caliber TE on the roster. His strength is blocking and thats something BB loves in a TE

T. Holt - solid veteran WR who can be a stopgap solution while Edelman and B. Tate continue their development. Imagine all the knowledge that Holt and Moss could instill in these youngsters

K. Bulluck - solid veteran but he is coming off a tough injury. Frankly, I think we are solid at ILB with Mayo, Guyton and McKenzie (BB loves this guy and he wasn't able to show anything due to his injury being so early in the offseason)

If the Pats sign Taylor, Crumpler and either Reed or Holt, and have a solid draft, I would be very happy with this offseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

It would be nice to trade a late 2nd a 5th and AD for Olsen and a 3rd that we can trade to Oakland for Morrison

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

It isn't that I wouldn't mind having Olsen in a Pats uni but will Belichick use him with our system? Our system needs a TE that can block for the running game and be an extra Pass protector and Crumpler is that player to a tee. To call him a Bum shows you do not understand what he did for Chris Johnson in Tenn. CJ himself praised Crumpler for his effect on his ability to gain seperation.  Crumpler immediately makes the RB's we currently have immensely better. I adjusted my previous post on Bryant... I had a brain cramp and forgot he was signed. And I also know Brabdon Marshal would be a good WR to have but I am not sure Belichick wants to go that route maybe he is planning on using the pick at #22 to draft a WR. There are a couple that might be available at that pick that would likely be good picks.
    Posted by DaBlade

1. Not one RB we have is on a tier level as CJ, Maroney is not going to become better because  we sign alge crumpler. ONE GUY is not going to make the difference in the blocking especially NOt a guy WHO is getting older, Chris Baker and ALGE CRUMPLER are the same physically, Baker is younger though more versatile, if Crumpler was such a great run blocker why did TITANS release him?
    SO you are saying CJ's numbers are going to go down next year with Crumpler gone? You obviously make no sense?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : I dont know if you have watched NE at all, but if you did, then you will know that TE's in this system are used primarily for BLOCKING NOT RECIEVING.  If that was the case they would have never let Thomas go.  I do like Olsen, I just think it would be a waste in this system. He is a recieving TE, but you never know what BB will do. They are better off signing a guy like Crumpler who is a blocking TE and can catch ala Wiggins and then sign a rookie. As far as 4th and 2...come on guy, BB was not going to use a TE for that play.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Well lets see... Baker and watson both about 60 targets on the year... and im pretty sure they didnt play all 16 games give that many targets to OLsen see what he does with it, Sign a rookie TE in the 4th round to block, Realistically once again WHY PICK UP A GUY FOR 1.4 million and use him for 1 year? when hes 32 years old? why NOT get a proven star at 24 whos making half a million the next 2 years... HE is a Weapon right now, its apparent that you only watch Patriot games and you have no incite on football, because you would realize if OLSEN was on the team you would know 4 Spread MOSS on one side  Welker on the other, eldelman or aiken and Olsen in the SLot with Faulk in the backfield theres no way anyone could of coverd taht.  Olsen is a HYBRID TE/reciever.. EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO FAULK on 4th and 2 even my dead grandmother

The point is INstead of wasting money on a 35 year old reciever or a 32 year old TE you can get a young talented PROVEN HYBRID that will dominate the INSIDE OF THE FIELD, that no LB can cover him... hes a young dallas clark... and would be and could be TOM BRADYS DALLAS CLARK, its all TOM BRADYS missing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

We dont have a third rounder

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I agree Holt is a good fit at the right price and then the question is would he want to play in New England a cold outdoor location at this point in his career? As I mentioned earlier BB loves Crumpler and talked very highly of him a couple years ago at the Pro Bowl when he was coaching there. Add that to the Praise CJ has given him and CJ is not happy if Tenn. isn't able to keep him from what I have read he is pushing the Team to resign him. I'm not saying Crumpler turns Maroney into CJ but he obviously would be a huge addition.
    Posted by DaBlade

Key words my friend : A FEW YEARS AGO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

The patriots are getting soft.

They should of traded for boldin, the only way I wont be dissappointed with them is if they are going to go after Marshall.

Besides that they were very soft this offseason when they should of went after Boldin. As far as Peppers big deal.  He was way over priced he said he wanted out to play for a contender and not for the money. He lied.

Pats could of got Boldin for cheap.

I am glad they took care of veteran players but they need to stop bringing in bums like Joey Galloway, and Donte Stallworth.  Last year they could of strengthen their D with drafting Clay Matthews but traded to the Packers. and all. Now look where they are. Scrounging for more 30+ players stop getting these fill players and go after YOUNG players.  They are so soft of a franchise it is quite irritating. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Holt definitely has something left in the tank.  You don't average 14 yards per catch on 50 receptions if you can't still make plays.  That shows that he can still get down the field too, and isn't just a short area target.  I'm surprised he isn't being mentioned more in the media.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : I agree they need to trade for marshall, which most likely is not going to happen.. but since nothings happened yet with him theres always hope...
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Marshall is a young T.O. in too many ways.  He's a locker room disaster, a me first guy who complains if he doesn't get the ball, always wanting more money.  And he's an off the field disaster.  And between them, they've won as many championships as I have.  No thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

how could that list i found of not list Torry Holt?  of course he would be amazing here.   Def the guy i want at WR. 

trading for kirk morrison?  i like that idea too. 

i think we need more vets in their prime, even if they arent top notch talent.  that said, ild love to get Holt, Bulluck, and Olsen

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive been saying/wanting to trade for Morrison since the end of the year. Very , very good player on a terrible team. Hed fit in great here opposite 51 , hes a smart , athletic guy who wouldnt have a problem playing ILB in a thirty four D. Hes in his prime and for a third hed be a steal. Listen I understand the "no need to panic" attitude , but dont say theres plenty of guys to chose from. This was a thin F/A class to begin with and now its Lindsey Lohan thin. I think we blew it on not signing Jones or Taylor , both went for small deals , 2/5mil and 3/12. Taylor has plenty of miles left and so does Jones. Both have benifited from not playing and taking all that wear/tear that backs get in their first five/six years. Taylor would be a perfect fit here , hes a great blocking back and even better on third down. The Vikes had a 6/7 man front almost 65% of the time last year to protect 4 and he was critical in helping do so. Also he was 4's favorite target on third down. Same deal with Jones although hes not as versatile , but he can block and still has plenty in the tank. Hes not going to crumble when the clock hits midnight and he turns 32 in August. The guy has been a top 5 back for the last 5 years and has racked up almost 2800 yards and 30!TDs the last 2 years. He clearly has 2-3 more years of high production and a 2 year deal worth 5 million is a steal. I love Pep , but way to much $ , ok pass on him , samething with Dansby. Re-signing Bodden was huge IMHO , hes a top ten CB. Same deal with the fork lift , hes 1/2 at his position and has 5-6 years of great production left. The problem comes in when you start to talk about the jets and 'fins , both have got better and both have young talented QBs that will only get better. I dont like the 22 spot and dont like any of the projected OLBs enough to go that way. There was a time when I thought my guys McClain , Thomas and Haden could fall to us. Thats not going to happen , so unless we trade up a couple spots Id either trade down or trade for Marshell. I know hes a bad , scary man who isnt worthy of having you no talent , know nothing , absolutely no athletic skills at all losers cheer for him , but then again most(and by most I mean all) know chit about football. This guy is durable , tremendously talented , 27y/o(in two weeks) in his prime , that can do things few have ever done. Believe it or not Welker was holding this team back to an extent. Teams double and sometimes tripled teamed 81 because they know WW couldnt put up 6. Teams were all to happy giving him underneath all day , and the PATS havent had another true scoring option besides Moss for years. Marshell at the X position , with Moss at flanker and Edelman playing the slot this O would be great. Seriously imagine it just for a minute , grab a RB(maybe Matthews , Best , Gerhart) and Mike Johnson for RG(he's a top rated G , versatile so he could play either side and will be there in the early third for us to trade down). This O could be unstoppable , re-vamped O-line , with a respectable running game and the best receiving corp since 07 and the greatest show on turf Rams. All of this very is absolutely possible , its not far fetched at all. McJosh is dying to get rid of the only legitimate option they have on O for some reason. LOL Sure Cutler isnt Manning/Brady , but he has all the tools one could ask for in a QB and Josh was icthing to deal him. Now Marshell isnt kneeling before him so they cant wait to get rid of a prime top 5 guy , who has one of the most unique skill sets the league has ever saw. If he was in this years draft hed go top ten , look at it that way , and again just a first is a steal deal. We still have 3! second rounders , BET! at least 3 of the hybrid OLBs will be there for us in the second. Take a chance on one of them at 44 and maybe Best at 48 , or the other way around and we're a top 5 team and contending once again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

How about Hank Baskett ala Mr.Kendra Wilkinson? I know he aint great, but he has been pretty decent for Eagles and has been good in special teams. He would duplicate Aiken, but could compete for a roster spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

How about Hank Baskett ala Mr.Kendra Wilkinson? I know he aint great, but he has been pretty decent for Eagles and has been good in special teams. He would duplicate Aiken, but could compete for a roster spot.
    Posted by bmadmax81

Humm, you mean the colts let him GO?  We should jump at ms. Wilkinson he only cost the Ponies a SB.  So how good do you think he really was a special teams?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : Humm, you mean the colts let him GO?  We should jump at ms. Wilkinson he only cost the Ponies a SB.  So how good do you think he really was a special teams?
    Posted by AcrossDaPond

I am not saying that we should give him a huge contract and make him our #2 WR. He can be brought on board for a vet minimum and  made to compete for a spot. He was a pretty decent tackler in special teams for Philly and he might be useful as a stop gap WR in our system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Some REALISTIC, and impactful guys on the market. : I am not saying that we should give him a huge contract and make him our #2 WR. He can be brought on board for a vet minimum and  made to compete for a spot. He was a pretty decent tackler in special teams for Philly and he might be useful as a stop gap WR in our system.

You mean someone like sammy Akien?  We already cut K Washington because he was essentially Akien making twice the money.
    You don't spend money for "special teams guys" thats what the (now) 3rd day of the draft is for.  At least with those guys there is the chance for improvement, for them to develop into something useful to 90% of the game instead of contributing to 1 or 2 plays a game.  We know who Bas-Ket is already, save those roster spots and money for younger guys to develop, not someone who has already developed into a reality tv star...  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The big thing surrounding the WR position this offseason is how high the Pats are on Tate...the one they already have. Brandon Tate. The guy was very good at UNC, and Could project into a solid #2 guy...maybe even a #1 down the line. All that obviously depends on how he's recovered from his injury, but most folks are completely forgetting about him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I was looking at the restricted free agents today and there is absolutely no one noteworthy at receiver the Pats can get.

I think they'd be willing to pay or trade or anything else but there's simply no talent out there.

Are there any draft day scenarios where a team would trade a receiver already under contract? If there aren't any receivers that could be moved than the Pats are definately looking toward the draft for receiver.

I know Marshall is a horrible person but I still hope he comes here; they need that kind of pop back in the passing game.

Sections
Shortcuts