Some stats going into week 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Re: Some stats going into week 5

I think the 3rd down defense of the Patriots is key...they need to stay fresh and get off the field on 3rd down and the offense needs to chew up clock to help them...

My bet is if they can hold Baltimore to 33% on 3rd down conversion and win the time of possession, they will win. (assuming no huge difference in turnovers/penalties, and they don't kick all FG's in the red zone...)

Yeah, rocket science when I put all those caveats out there...

In Response to Some stats going into week 5:
    [QUOTE]Brady has a 109 rating, best in the league. Manning has thrown 11 TDs to Bradys 9, but Manning has thrown almost twice as many passes (216/122) Baltimore Indy and NE have each only given up 5 sacks, good enough for a three way tie for second least in the league Flacco only has a 72 rating (26th) has thrown 6 ints and only 5 TDs NE is first in third down conversion % at 55.3, Baltimore is fifth at 45.7% NE has 19 penalties (4th least) for 175 yards (5th least), while Baltimore has 30 penalties (tied for 17th) for 261 yards (tied for 15th) Baltimore has 114 rushing yards per game (14th) for 3.6 ypc (29th), NE gains 122.3 rushing yards per game (13th) for 4.3 ypc (14th) NE gives up 112.3 yards per game on the ground (20th), while Baltimore gives up 101 yards per game (10th), but their yards per carry are about equal (NE 4.4, BAL 4.2) and each team has forced 2 fumbles, regaining 1 NE gives up 272 yards per game through the air (28th) and Baltimore gives up 157 (2nd) NE allows third down conversions 54.7% of the time (32nd), Baltimore allows only 26.6% (1st) Im thinking efficiancy and balance will win this game.  A few big plays by either teams defense or special teams could be the difference.  Thoughts?
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Some stats going into week 5:
    [QUOTE]I think the 3rd down defense of the Patriots is key...they need to stay fresh and get off the field on 3rd down and the offense needs to chew up clock to help them... My bet is if they can hold Baltimore to 33% on 3rd down conversion and win the time of possession, they will win. (assuming no huge difference in turnovers/penalties, and they don't kick all FG's in the red zone...) Yeah, rocket science when I put all those caveats out there... In Response to Some stats going into week 5 :
    Posted by mcboyd22[/QUOTE]

ya turnovers will be key in this game.  im thinking if the pats have a +1 differential they should be in good shape... big if

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Too bad you don't get paid for this stuff... heck the Globe could use you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Those penalties are probably more on the defense than on the offense for Baltimore.  The D is very aggressive and so come the penalties.  At least the Ravens will help keep some drives alive for the Pats.

Turnovers are going to be key for sure.  Flaaco isn't quite there as a top QB yet.  He'll make some mistakes.  Of course for this to happen the Pats have to stop the run or get off to a big lead to where they take the run away from the Ravens.

I wonder if the Pats woke anybody up on special teams.  I thought there would be some improvement on this part of the game for the Pats.  The drafting of Mesko was huge and then to hope for Tate to do returns.  I'm placing the game against Miami as an outlier.  But one can only hope.  I do expect Tate to run a couple of more back this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad you don't get paid for this stuff... heck the Globe could use you. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

thanks, i love numbers... oddly tho ill be the first person to tell you that stats are almost meaningless when determining the outcome of a game yet to be played. 

any given sunday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Some stats going into week 5:
    [QUOTE] Manning has thrown 11 TDs to Bradys 9, but Manning has thrown almost twice as many passes (216/122) Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

that's becasue pouting has played one more game than TB12

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Some stats going into week 5 : that's becasue pouting has played one more game than TB12
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

one game should not account for 96 passes tho.  hes averaging 13 more pass attempts per game than brady... not saying good or bad, just numbers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some stats going into week 5 : one game should not account for 96 passes tho.  hes averaging 13 more pass attempts per game than brady... not saying good or bad, just numbers
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

i was focusing on the TDs, check out that ratio: Tds vs passes thrown

Sections
Shortcuts