some super bowls of the past decade coincidence or destiny?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

some super bowls of the past decade coincidence or destiny?

katrina rips neworleans,and they are still recovering from that.the saints win the super bowl.manning plays against his fathers old team.are the saints that good?are teams holding back in certain games?for certain catastrophe,s,or other reasons that happens here in the U.S.I knew the saints were gonna win this game once they reached the super bowl with the help of there easy schedule.I dont want to think or beleive games are fixed,but you have to think.coincidence which there have been many this past 10 years. or destiny?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: super bowls coincidence or destiny?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Umm, Katrina was in 2005 and is 4.5 years removed from this year's SB. Trying to call the Saints a team of destiny because of this event is like calling Dallas a team of destiny in the 70's after Kennedy was shot there in 63.

You might have more luck with the destiny angle if the Saints had not lost the NFCCG to Chicago a year after Katrina (and the first season they had their stadium back)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i agree,but all the sporting networks still are useing the katrina factor on how new orleans is still trying to recover from katrina.it dosent have to be a instant thing like 9-11

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Katrina factor?

Man. That doesn't mean they were destined. That is moron talk.

The relationship between thsi SB win and Katrina is simply that it is uplifting to an area that was told by various politicians like Dennis Hastert that they should just leave, told by ownership groups that they weren't a viable city for the Saints anymore, etc, etc, etc. This whole place is still in collective PTSD over that hurricane.

The city needed the championship. But in no way is the "Katrina factor" indicative of some (wink, wink) Destiny. That is almost as stupid as people saying the Pats won in 2001 because of 9/11.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: some super bowls of the past decade coincidence or destiny?

zb-up lifting story.your tieing in with what im saying but in diffrent meaning.make up your mind.more like a coincidence.9-11 is a coincidence after that tragedy.with bledsoe going down,brady stepping in.you have to think one or the other.lets see what else.didnt the year arlen specter cried about spy gate.one of his home teams makes the super bowl?coincidence or destiny?how about the colts and bears.the first time two african american head coaches in the super bowl.coincidence or destiny?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Things happen for a reason! - no matter what it is.  You Win Football games / Superbowls by execution and great coaching (which N.O. had both yesterday and this past year).

Awesome Job N.O! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think sometimes when teams have a feeling of "destiny" they may play a little better.  Sort of a "mind over matter" or "think positive" mentality.  I think that mindset helped the Pats in 2001 after a 9-11, a team called the Patriots just seemed like they should win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Moss, what are you talking about?

One or the other?

1.) Coincidence
    2.) Conspiracy

I am not sure what you are driving at. It is a good thing for a city that needed something really good to happen. I live here, and can tell you it is great.

But Katrina didn't make them win via magical destiny, NOR was it a fix for a storyline.

The Saints were that good, and of course, you can count on Manning to throw some picks in the clutch too.  ;-)

Those are the only two football stories of the day. 

The Katrina story is about New Orleans, not just the Saints. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

zb-I dont think every super bowl in the past 10 years had a conspiracy.im all for good endings.im for the up beat new orleans needs.just certain events at certain times makes me think coincidence or was it destiny.

Sections
Shortcuts