some where Wes is laughing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

some where Wes is laughing

Look, time will tell how the AH situation plays out. But it should be clear to all the Pats drafted a punk and a knuckle head, not some kid that got caught smoking pot while is college. You want to gamble a 4th on a questionable character, thats fine, even though many teams had him off their draft board. But to resign him to big $$$ knowing he is a knucklehead, and hangs with a questionable crowd is on Kraft and BB. To hang your hat on a guy with this questionable a character is a huge mistake.

I posted over 1 year ago, that I saw AH in a club in NY, and it would not have made the Pats proud. (only Rusty jumped all over me for saying the guy was a knucklehead).

Yet the team, in spite of needed Wr's, chooses to pass on Wes for relatively small money.

Clearly, this has back fired on BB, and once the AH situation sorts itself out, it will be interesting to see if BB or Kraft takes heat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: some where Wes is laughing

Somewhere, Danny the Man-E is laughing at Wes laughing at Aaron. No matter what happens to Aaron, the Pats made the right move in keeping Hern over a 30+ year old, 10 + drop WR! So you and Welker can go jump off a bridge.

A 20 year old acting a fool in a nightclub? Who woulda thunk it?!!

Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Look, time will tell how the AH situation plays out. But it should be clear to all the Pats drafted a punk and a knuckle head, not some kid that got caught smoking pot while is college. You want to gamble a 4th on a questionable character, thats fine, even though many teams had him off their draft board. But to resign him to big $$$ knowing he is a knucklehead, and hangs with a questionable crowd is on Kraft and BB. To hang your hat on a guy with this questionable a character is a huge mistake.

I posted over 1 year ago, that I saw AH in a club in NY, and it would not have made the Pats proud. (only Rusty jumped all over me for saying the guy was a knucklehead).

Yet the team, in spite of needed Wr's, chooses to pass on Wes for relatively small money.

Clearly, this has back fired on BB, and once the AH situation sorts itself out, it will be interesting to see if BB or Kraft takes heat.

Sounds like you are convinced he's guilty based on a bunch of media reports. Saying that "Clearly, this has back fired on BB" seem a bit premature don't ya think? Maybe we should wait to see if he's actually charged with anything first?

And Wes is still close friends with many Pats, especially TB. So to say he would be standing back laughing at his close friends sounds pretty ridiculous. Do you laugh at your close friends who run into problems?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

49Pat..thats the point. We have a 24 year old (not 20) acting like a dope in clubs and from reports much worse. Knowing this, which many in this area, in Miami and within the Pats org knew of, why do they give him a $41M contract of which $16m is guaranteed?

I agree, I would take a 24 year old near Pro Bowler over a 31 year old All Pro. But the Pats did not have to sign AH to that contract right now, and they could have kept Wes for the small money it would have taken, even after signing AH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wes I'm sure is free to laugh but I really don't think he is.  Sounded pretty classy on Dennis & Callahan this morning and probably hasn't jumped to a whole lot of conclusions (which is more than I can say for a good many posters on this board).  AH may very well be complicit in this apparent homicide or he may simply be guilty of extremely poor judgment.  No one on this board actually knows yet or perhaps I've missed something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49Pat..thats the point. We have a 24 year old (not 20) acting like a dope in clubs and from reports much worse. Knowing this, which many in this area, in Miami and within the Pats org knew of, why do they give him a $41M contract of which $16m is guaranteed?

I agree, I would take a 24 year old near Pro Bowler over a 31 year old All Pro. But the Pats did not have to sign AH to that contract right now, and they could have kept Wes for the small money it would have taken, even after signing AH.

They gave him a huge deal because he's a dynamic TE with tremendous potential and ability. Also, don't bother trying to flash Welker's All-Pro honors like he shouldn't be thanking Tommy for making him relevant. He was a nobody before Tommy made something out of him, Aaron was dynamic before he hooked up with Tommy. Danny Amendol is here now, get over your crush on Welker.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

first I would never make light of a murder. if you interpreted it that way, you were incorrect.

Kraft/BB made cold, team first decision to dump Wes over small money. This in spite of injury/character concerns over targets #1 and #2, and injury concerns over targets #3 and #4. Wes could have easily been retained and the Pats still could have made every move they have made to date.

With the potential of Gronk on PUP, and AH either in jail or NFL penalties, that team first, cold decision has back fired.

Clearly, at best case, AH is looking at 6-9 games from the NFL, to be reviewed after 5 or 6 games. At worst, he is looking at prison.

My post about seeing AH in a club 1 year ago had nothing to do with liquer, it was about drugs and bullying other patrons with his numerous hanger ons. It is very clear that AH has a questionable social life and friends. The question was did he clean up his act? Seems he did not, and the Pats should have known this BEFORE giving him 7/$41

lastly, to think Wes did not want to end his career here, and was very hurt by the Pats not signing him, and now to think he does not revel in the Pats woes, is not seeing the entire picture. Wes surely feels for another pl;ayer and ex team mate, but he also clearly wants to stick it up BB's you know what

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Not sure Wes is laughing.   I do wish he was still  wearing a Pats uniform for many many reasons.  Too little too late just about covers everything that has ben said and will be said about the Wes situation from all involved. I'm a huge WW fan.

As far as AH goes...guilty or not- I think the decription of knucklehead is mild. He's embroiled in two very dicey situations involving shootings. He's making the thugs who played for the Ravens look good.

I can only speculate like everyone else on if AH will be facing mrder, accessory, or other charges realting to the Florida nightclub alleged incident.  I appreciate the not guity sentiment of many on the board until proven otherwise.   I'm seing a lot smoke which may mean a fire for AH and another huge loss for the Pats.

Ughhhh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

This is proof positive that RKrap is a troll. To say someone is laughing over a murdered human is a disgrace.  

I might email the higher ups at ESPN and aler them they have an employee acting 8 years old on this board here, and that they might want to figure out who it is and maybe have a discussion with him.

It's very apparent RKrap is in fact a Jets fan and not a Pats fan, too.  Finally, I am sure there have been many a Pats player who is acted stupid or in poor fashion in a nightclub, but quite frankly, I don't know how one compares something like that to a murder situation.

I also find it suspicious that if Hernandez is a suspect, and they have enough evidence to use an OJ Simpson style surveillance of his every move, that he has not been arrested.

The local police are making fools of themselves at the current time.

first of all, you ahve already emailed the higher ups. we had a big laugh from your email...

of course you will fall into the BB can do no wrong line...bottom line, the Pats did not do their homework on this guy, guilty or innocent, you dont give 7/$41 to a knucklehead...

you are very quick to jump over Ben R and Ray Lewis, but when the shoe is on the Pats foot, you have excuse after excuse...

grow up junior...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

BB rarely takes  heat on this board. He is the man behind the curtain. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Clearly, at best case, AH is looking at 6-9 games from the NFL, to be reviewed after 5 or 6 games. At worst, he is looking at prison.

How many games did Ray Lewis miss?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I started thinking about Welker and Brady just after I read that Hernandez and his boys destroyed their cell phones and his home surveillence system. 

Imagine how Brady must feel knowing that he gave up money to the org only to subsequently lose

• his #1 TE for part of the season due to unexpected surgery requiring a delay of expected surgery
    • his #1 receiver due to pettiness and penny pinching
    • his #3 due to murder. 

I just don't think Brady would have signed a deal if he knew that on opening day his new #1 pass catcher either has never played with him or is Julian Edleman. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

How many games did Ray Lewis miss?

pcmIV - different commish at the time and the league didn't have as big of a image ego as it does now. I'm thinking it will go more like the Big Ben suspension. 6 games negotiated down to 4.

49 -  Why does it have to be either Amendola or Welker? We are currently sitting on over $8mil. For what Welker got we could have had both of them and still had money to sign people incase of injury during the season. Then you could have had the best of both worlds.

rkarp - at the time they resigned Hern he was keeping his nose clean and had no issues. All this has come since Feb of this year. Given Hern's talent and performance locking him up early was the good move, provided they put in a morality clause as an escape. Given past history not putting in that clause would be the mistake, not resigning him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I started thinking about Welker and Brady just after I read that Hernandez and his boys destroyed their cell phones and his home surveillence system.  

Imagine how Brady must feel knowing that he gave up money to the org only to subsequently lose

• his #1 TE for part of the season due to unexpected surgery requiring a delay of expected surgery
    • his #1 receiver due to pettiness and penny pinching
    • his #3 due to murder. 

I just don't think Brady would have signed a deal if he knew that on opening day his new #1 pass catcher either has never played with him or is Julian Edleman. 

[/QUOTE]

A troll aligning with RKrap, another troll. Yes, BB knew something like this would occur, but he still shoudl have paid Wes 10 million per and also forgot to tune up his crystal ball the day the ink dried on the Hernandez deal.

There are character clauses in those contracts.   There is still a healthy amount of talent without Hernandez on the team. They were without him for much of last year and went 12-4.

In fact, in one of the losses in the home opener in Week 2, our "idiot kicker" missed a FG to win the game.

[/QUOTE]

Don't flatter yourself by attempting to read deeper into what I said.  This has nothing to do with Belichick or Kraft. 

I am simply saying that, with hindsight, this stinks for Brady.  And yes the Welker situation likely sticks in his craw a little more now given that Welker could have been had for another 2 million total. 

Sections
Shortcuts