some where Wes is laughing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: some where Wes is laughing

In response to UD6's comment:

Tom Brady tweet to be: "So in the twighlight of my career, Julian Edleman is my best option with deep knowledge of our offense."

Compared to the guys he had in 2001-2006? This group is 100 times more talented. This is also a deeper group of talent with a running game only the '03-'05 Dillion years can compete with.

Troll harder,  Dog-Face, he won 12 games with Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, Ben Watson and Jabar Gaffney, but he's doubting his greatness with some talented young guys?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Clearly, at best case, AH is looking at 6-9 games from the NFL, to be reviewed after 5 or 6 games. At worst, he is looking at prison.

How many games did Ray Lewis miss?

pcmIV - different commish at the time and the league didn't have as big of a image ego as it does now. I'm thinking it will go more like the Big Ben suspension. 6 games negotiated down to 4.

49 -  Why does it have to be either Amendola or Welker? We are currently sitting on over $8mil. For what Welker got we could have had both of them and still had money to sign people incase of injury during the season. Then you could have had the best of both worlds.

rkarp - at the time they resigned Hern he was keeping his nose clean and had no issues. All this has come since Feb of this year. Given Hern's talent and performance locking him up early was the good move, provided they put in a morality clause as an escape. Given past history not putting in that clause would be the mistake, not resigning him.

Who says the Patriots wanted Stone hand, butterfinger Wes Welker? The guy had 13 drops, second in the league, and picked up a habbit of flaking when he's needed most.

Welker was never in the Pats radar once Amendola hit the market, the Pats were done with him and the Pats have no need for two tiny slot WRs with limited speed. The Pats needed guys who could stretch the field.

It was Amendola or Welker, the Pats went with Danny.

Shocking!  Another tool that does not understand the difference between a drop rate and a drop total.  I suppose you wouldn't want Calvin Johnson, after all he had the same number of drops as Welker. 

[/QUOTE]

Calvin Johnson is useful, he's asked to make real big boy NFL catches. Welker is asked to make short catches 5 yards deep.

Want me to use your drop rate against you? Had Danny gotten the same amount of targets as Welker, Amendola would've drop 4 passes. Welker dropped 15.

Who's the tool now, tool?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Wes would have signed here for 2/$12. Pats knew about Gronk, they should have known about AH. Amendola, Wes, Edelman, Dobson and Boyce all easily could be on the team forming a very strong group

No, he couldn't have.  And, I think BB did more homework on Wes and wanted to move on anyway. Lots of drops and a severe Brady addiction with them being best friends.   Time to run the ball and win a SB.

Yes Queenie - all of those drops.  I guess nobody told you that among the NFLs top 20 WR, WW had the 4th best catch rate in the NFL.  You see Queenie, drops do not live in a bubble.  When you are thrown the ball more often, you have more drops.  This works the same way when a QB throws the ball more often, he get more INTs and more TDs. Percentages stay about the same, but the grand total changes with frequency.  Do you even understand that? 

Good points, Bust! BUT, have you looked at the stats for those who drop the ball only in the Play-offs and Superbowl? See, averages and stats DON'T take into account the additional gravity brought on by the situation. I wonder where Wes falls in that group? Also, no matter how many balls you catch, when you drop the ones that matter most, you still suck......

Yes, in fact, I have.  Apparently there is not a single receiver that only drops the ball in the playoffs.  Go figure! 

You seem think that Wes is a “regular season’ player who just crumbles in the playoffs.  That’s just fascinating, albeit really dumb.  In the playoffs, Wes was within a few percentages of his regular season total - Brandon Lloyd, far far worse.  Maybe that 3.5 mil that BB is paying LLoyd in 2013 should have gone to keep Welker.

Of the top 10 WRs in in the playoffs,  Welker's catch rate was as close to his season average as any of the other top 10. 

You should educate yourself before spouting off, otherwise you'll be just like queenie and look like a foolsafter every post.

This patsie team has been som accustomed to having Brady SYA and score on a final drive that when that doesn't happen after the defense crumbles, you blame Brady and his receivers for not doing the very improbable.  Why let the D off the hook for crumbling late in the game AGAIN, as opposed to the offense not having a game winning drive against a great D?

Hey PHATREX, I don't care how many times Wesley caught the ball, HE DROPPED TWO OF THE BIGGEST OPPORTUNITIES OF HIS ENTIRE NFL CARREER. They both cost the PATRIOTS dearly. In a pinch, HE SUCKED. Not making any of this up. Its true. I don't care that he helped us get there, once he got there HE SUCKED WHEN IT MATTERED MOST. YOU can't change the facts. Somewhere Wes is crying about the time he shoulda helped to win the Superbowl! And, since you mention it, YES the D has hurt us, but what has been most glaring is how impotent our own OFFENSE has become in big moments of the play-offs. Why does everybody continue to deny what they are seeing? If Tom and the O don't perform better next year in big situations than they did this year, we are in trouble becasue the D is not gonna be an excuse this season.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So a year ago, Rusty was telling us Brady sucked because he was surrounded by the best receiving talent he's ever had and couldn't deliver.  Now he's telling us that he's known for years that Welker sucked.  

The other day, he was all over me for suggesting that some other GMs (like Newsome and Thompson) might be in the same league as Bill Belichick--not necessarily better, but at least as good at building talented teams.  He was  laughing at Newsome for having to cut some players to manage the cap.  Rusty continually maintains that BB is a genius because he gets great value by picking guys other GMs overlook . . . guys like Gronk (who's missed all the biggest games of his career and is now in surgery after surgery) and Aaron Hernandez, who I hope is innocent, but is starting to look like a candidate for starting TE in the local maximum security prison league . . . 

BB trades away the Clay Matthews pick (to Thompson) for Darius Butler and Brandon Tate.  He then "salvages" his lousy 2009 draft by picking Gronk and Hern.  But if Gronk is injured yet again and Hern ends up in jail, aren't the other GMs who wouldn't touch them starting to look smarter than BB?  Add in Ras-I and the host of other wounded and questionable warriors BB has traded down for and can you really seriously say avoiding cap trouble was worth it?  Newsome had to deal with the cap this year--but he won the Super Bowl last year . . . and he isn't dribbling away draft picks on guys who can't play because they are hurt, they lack NFL talent, or they spend a lot of time in jail.

Now I still think the jury is out--both on BB and on Aaron Hernandez.  But the jury is definitely  in on Rusty: Guilty as charged of a complete and utter lack of integrity.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

So a year ago, Rusty was telling us Brady sucked because he was surrounded by the best receiving talent he's ever had and couldn't deliver.  Now he's telling us that he's known for years that Welker sucked.  

The other day, he was all over me for suggesting that some other GMs (like Newsome and Thompson) might be in the same league as Bill Belichick--not necessarily better, but at least as good at building talented teams.  He was  laughing at Newsome for having to cut some players to manage the cap.  Rusty continually maintains that BB is a genius because he gets great value by picking guys other GMs overlook . . . guys like Gronk (who's missed all the biggest games of his career and is now in surgery after surgery) and Aaron Hernandez, who I hope is innocent, but is starting to look like a candidate for TE in the local maximum security prison league . . . 

BB trades away the Clay Matthews pick (to Thompson) for Darius Butler and Brandon Tate.  He then "salvages" his lousy 2009 draft by picking Gronk and Hern.  But if Gronk is injured yet again and Hern ends up in jail, aren't the other GMs who wouldn't touch them starting to look smarter than BB?  Add in Ras-I and the host of other wounded and questionable warriors BB has traded down for and can you really seriously say avoiding cap trouble was worth it?  Newsome had to deal with the cap this year--but he won the Super Bowl last year . . . and he isn't dribbling away draft picks on guys who can't play because they are bad, they are hurt, or they spend a lot of time in jail.

Now I still think the jury is out--on BB and on Aaron Hernandez.  But the jury is in on Rusty.  Guilty of a complete and utter lack of integrity.

Where did I say Welker sucked? I have known for years "Welker has sucked"?  Please quote where I said that, please.

Poor Prolate. Still smarting from when he got blasted trying to tell us Newsome or Ted Thompson are on BB's level.

"I owe a large part of my second career to Bill Belichick."  - Ozzie Newsome

Rusty quotes on Welker just on this page:

Welker's career is fading.   Increase in drops and the day the 2008 season ended when Cassel passed to him a total of 122 times, Welker's negotiation position permanently took a MASSIVE hit.

But, it is the truth.  My friends and I (and family) would go back and forth talking about "have you noticed the last couple of seasons he seems to be dropping more balls"?  It wasn't a thing where I was searching for stats on it, just how his play compared to previous seasons.

Want me to use your drop rate against you? Had Danny gotten the same amount of targets as Welker, Amendola would've drop 4 passes. Welker dropped 15.

Adds up to sucks . . . just no integrity at all . . . case closed. 

I'm confused . . . after the Super Bowl two years ago, you were saying Brady threw a horrendous pass to Welker.  Then all the misplays were Brady's fault.  But now, all of a sudden, Welker has had the dropsies since 2008.  So which is it?  Does Brady suck?  Does Welker suck?  Or do both suck, therefore proving that the GM sucks?

Complete and total lack of integrity Rusty.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wes would have signed here for 2/$12. Pats knew about Gronk, they should have known about AH. Amendola, Wes, Edelman, Dobson and Boyce all easily could be on the team forming a very strong group

No, he couldn't have.  And, I think BB did more homework on Wes and wanted to move on anyway. Lots of drops and a severe Brady addiction with them being best friends.   Time to run the ball and win a SB.

[/QUOTE]

He couldnt sign for 2/$12?

[/QUOTE]

1. They offered him 5 out of the gate in FA.

2. They previously offered him 8 mil per.

3. You aren't the brightest bulb in the shed, but BB clearly lowered it so far down to get Welker to sign elsewhere, knowing Welker would be ticked that the price was lowered that much more.

Amendola was in Foxborough, Tuesday night March 13th.  If they have money invested in Hernandez and Gronk in the interior of the field, that is where the money is.  You don't put MORE money into it to appease Welker's ego after he was delusional and greedy.  I've explained this to you and Kraft PUBLICLY articulated something similar.

Playing with Tom Brady can spike your true value and the entire NFL feels the same way because no one was bidding on Wes Welker.

[/QUOTE]

This is simply not true. Once the market clarified to Wes and his agent, he gave the Pats last call T the same deal the Broncos put on the table, 2/$12. The Pats passed. They could have signed Wes, Amendola, Edelman and drafted Dobson and Boyce and has a scary good WR corps. Amendola and Edelman could play outside with Wes in the slot. 

You keep saying the middle of the field will be crowded, but it won't be crowded with TE's 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

I can assure you Wes and Hern have nothing in common other than the name on the uniform the past couple of years.

Now that you have had the chance to read other reports all day, aren't you feeling a little foolish regarding points 3 and 4?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Clearly, at best case, AH is looking at 6-9 games from the NFL, to be reviewed after 5 or 6 games. At worst, he is looking at prison.

pcmIV - different commish at the time and the league didn't have as big of a image ego as it does now. I'm thinking it will go more like the Big Ben suspension. 6 games negotiated down to 4.

49 -  Why does it have to be either Amendola or Welker? We are currently sitting on over $8mil. For what Welker got we could have had both of them and still had money to sign people incase of injury during the season. Then you could have had the best of both worlds.

rkarp - at the time they resigned Hern he was keeping his nose clean and had no issues. All this has come since Feb of this year. Given Hern's talent and performance locking him up early was the good move, provided they put in a morality clause as an escape. Given past history not putting in that clause would be the mistake, not resigning him.

Who says the Patriots wanted Stone hand, butterfinger Wes Welker? The guy had 13 drops, second in the league, and picked up a habbit of flaking when he's needed most.

Welker was never in the Pats radar once Amendola hit the market, the Pats were done with him and the Pats have no need for two tiny slot WRs with limited speed. The Pats needed guys who could stretch the field.

Shocking!  Another tool that does not understand the difference between a drop rate and a drop total.  I suppose you wouldn't want Calvin Johnson, after all he had the same number of drops as Welker. 

Calvin Johnson is useful, he's asked to make real big boy NFL catches. Welker is asked to make short catches 5 yards deep.

Still you.  Are you suggesting that players catching passes over the middle don't take a beating?  Do everyone a favor.  When the games start, watch one. 

Catch rate is far better than a drop rate.  Try it out.

[/QUOTE]

Get it through your thick Welker loving skull, Welker had 15 drops even though he's essentially getting a long hand off from Brady.

Amendola played almost the exact same position as Welker and he only had 2 drops. 2! 

So, Welker's hands were eroding even though Welker had a better QB, he wasn't the focal point of his passing attack(Gronk was) and Welker wasn't learning a brand new passing philosophy. 

Amendola > Welker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Still you.  Are you suggesting that players catching passes over the middle don't take a beating?  Do everyone a favor.  When the games start, watch one. 

Catch rate is far better than a drop rate.  Try it out.

[/QUOTE]

And yes, I'd rather have Calvin over Welker 10/10. I'm not a huge fan of slot WRs, the only one I like is Cruz because he can turn a 5 yard catch into a home-run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The other day, he was all over me for suggesting that some other GMs (like Newsome and Thompson) might be in the same league as Bill Belichick--not necessarily better, but at least as good at building talented teams.  He was  laughing at Newsome for having to cut some players to manage the cap.  Rusty continually maintains that BB is a genius because he gets great value by picking guys other GMs overlook . . . guys like Gronk (who's missed all the biggest games of his career and is now in surgery after surgery) and Aaron Hernandez, who I hope is innocent, but is starting to look like a candidate for starting TE in the local maximum security prison league . . . 

BB trades away the Clay Matthews pick (to Thompson) for Darius Butler and Brandon Tate.  He then "salvages" his lousy 2009 draft by picking Gronk and Hern.  But if Gronk is injured yet again and Hern ends up in jail, aren't the other GMs who wouldn't touch them starting to look smarter than BB?  Add in Ras-I and the host of other wounded and questionable warriors BB has traded down for and can you really seriously say avoiding cap trouble was worth it?  Newsome had to deal with the cap this year--but he won the Super Bowl last year . . . and he isn't dribbling away draft picks on guys who can't play because they are hurt, they lack NFL talent, or they spend a lot of time in jail.

Now I still think the jury is out--both on BB and on Aaron Hernandez.  But the jury is definitely  in on Rusty: Guilty as charged of a complete and utter lack of integrity.

Its poor form cherry picking the Matthews, Tate, Butler trade and the known Gronkowski injury history and the known Hernandez character issue history, especially when Belichick was able to stick it to the team's all time leading pass catcher over 2 million dollars. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I know its not cool to joke about this sh##ty situation but I saw this over in the ESPN comments section and couldn't not share lol

It would of been a clean get away, but when Tebow tossed Hernandez the keys to the rental car they bounced 8 times before getting lost in the bushes. 3 Minutes Ago                

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Irish the writing is on the wall, Hernandez is done.  He is 'deeply' involved in this, everything is pointing towards him and nothing is pointing in any other direction.