some where Wes is laughing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: some where Wes is laughing

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Get it through your thick Welker loving skull, Welker had 15 drops even though he's essentially getting a long hand off from Brady.

Amendola played almost the exact same position as Welker and he only had 2 drops. 2! 

So, Welker's hands were eroding even though Welker had a better QB, he wasn't the focal point of his passing attack(Gronk was) and Welker wasn't learning a brand new passing philosophy. 

Amendola > Welker.

You're making it sound like its easy to catch Brady's bullet passes close range. You know how careful Tom is, he'll throw it low so that only the receiver can get it making for some tough plays. These aren't easy catches, especially when it was almost always 10+ times a game.

Right now there is no way you can say Amendola is better than Welker. Maybe he will prove that he is this season but lets wait and see what he can do in the Pat's offense first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Not sure Wes is laughing.   I do wish he was still  wearing a Pats uniform for many many reasons.  Too little too late just about covers everything that has ben said and will be said about the Wes situation from all involved. I'm a huge WW fan.

As far as AH goes...guilty or not- I think the decription of knucklehead is mild. He's embroiled in two very dicey situations involving shootings. He's making the thugs who played for the Ravens look good.

I can only speculate like everyone else on if AH will be facing mrder, accessory, or other charges realting to the Florida nightclub alleged incident.  I appreciate the not guity sentiment of many on the board until proven otherwise.   I'm seing a lot smoke which may mean a fire for AH and another huge loss for the Pats.

Ughhhh.

I agree with you 100%.

I seriously doubt that  the rental van is the only piece of evidence the police have linking AH to this murder; someone had to show sufficient probable cause to get a judge to issue  a warrant allowing the police to search AH's freakin' house.  

I completely disagree that AH's pot smoking in college should have been seen as some sort of warning, but what we're seeing right now are some giant red flags.  At a bare minimum, it looks AH is probably associating with thugs with guns (i.e. whoever killed Odin Lloyd).  In a worst case scenario, it looks like he's either a murderer or an accessory.  From a logical standpoint (as opposed to a legal proof standpoint) the allegations that AH was involved in shooting in Florida make it more likely that he also had some criminal involvement in Odin Lloyd's murder.  I'm not saying that AH  is guilty, but I am saying that from the standpoint of his employer,  the NFL, and this fan,  being in the epicenter of an ongoing murder investigation looks really bad for AH. Whether he's guilty of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt is a different question from whether he appears to be a long way down a very bad road and now represents a serious character risk. 

Always hated Ray Lewis for getting away with the murder, BTW.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

a 27 year old man is dead and a former teammate is the #1 suspect at the moment... what is so funny is that?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Funny to still see all the Welker talk and people blaming one pass on the failure of the Patriots to win a SB in 2011.  Clearly there was more to it then just the one pass, which wasn't a great pass to begin with.   Nobody talks about the dropped pass by Branch on the very next play on 3rd and 11 or the poor defense who couldn't stop 88 and 83 yard final drives to lose 2 SuperBowls.  Wes made great catches in his career as a Patriot, one handed catches too, you can probably find those on youtube also, Rusty.

Does Amendola have the skills to be a great receiver in NE?  Yes, yes he does.  But until he proves it or until he can show that he can stay on the field for an entire season then praising him as the next great receiver and bashing a proven player like Welker is pretty ridiculous.  Haters gonna hate all they want, we will see how this works out in the end. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

49Pat..thats the point. We have a 24 year old (not 20) acting like a dope in clubs and from reports much worse. Knowing this, which many in this area, in Miami and within the Pats org knew of, why do they give him a $41M contract of which $16m is guaranteed?

I agree, I would take a 24 year old near Pro Bowler over a 31 year old All Pro. But the Pats did not have to sign AH to that contract right now, and they could have kept Wes for the small money it would have taken, even after signing AH.

You are the biggest troll here outside of Phat Rex.  They didn't have to sign one of the best TEs in the league to a new deal before he went to Free Agency? If BB let him get to FA, you'd be the first one on here whining how BB blew it because he did let him go to FA.

You're such a fraud it's beyond unbelievable at this point. I smelled it a mile away 3 years ago when I confronted you here. I am good like that. I can detect phonies and hypocrites with ease.  

Finally, if Hernandez is involved in this and guilty, there are character clauses and things in that contract that protect the team's position.  You can bank on that, Einstein.

can u spot egotistical self-loving blowhards? check the mirror

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Get it through your thick Welker loving skull, Welker had 15 drops even though he's essentially getting a long hand off from Brady.

Amendola played almost the exact same position as Welker and he only had 2 drops. 2! 

So, Welker's hands were eroding even though Welker had a better QB, he wasn't the focal point of his passing attack(Gronk was) and Welker wasn't learning a brand new passing philosophy. 

Amendola > Welker.

You're making it sound like its easy to catch Brady's bullet passes close range. You know how careful Tom is, he'll throw it low so that only the receiver can get it making for some tough plays. These aren't easy catches, especially when it was almost always 10+ times a game.

Right now there is no way you can say Amendola is better than Welker. Maybe he will prove that he is this season but lets wait and see what he can do in the Pat's offense first.

That is a fair counterpoint because Brady does stick it in there on a line, but from what I've seen with Amendola;s impressive athleticism (that one handed catch on You Tube is sick) and hand/eye coordination, he looks just like Welker out there, dude. So far, the reports from camp are very strong by multiple accounts, too.

I read one account where if they need to work on something, they go watch film and Amendola has it corrected immediately where Brady gets giddy. That;s encouraging.

Look, I think a lot of what people love about Welker is his backstory and his underdog size and road up the ladder in the NFL. But, he's not the only guy like that out there.  He just happened to play with Brady and be around a ton of talent here with BB as GM and coach.

BB saw the upside in 2006, traded for him and Welker took off. He's looking at Amendola in the same way in 2013.

translation: welker's gone so i will revise history and cr*p on him-danny's here so he must be better than welker ever was

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Funny to still see all the Welker talk and people blaming one pass on the failure of the Patriots to win a SB in 2011.  Clearly there was more to it then just the one pass, which wasn't a great pass to begin with.   Nobody talks about the dropped pass by Branch on the very next play on 3rd and 11 or the poor defense who couldn't stop 88 and 83 yard final drives to lose 2 SuperBowls.  Wes made great catches in his career as a Patriot, one handed catches too, you can probably find those on youtube also, Rusty.

Does Amendola have the skills to be a great receiver in NE?  Yes, yes he does.  But until he proves it or until he can show that he can stay on the field for an entire season then praising him as the next great receiver and bashing a proven player like Welker is pretty ridiculous.  Haters gonna hate all they want, we will see how this works out in the end. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

if an inch is a big deal in football, then certainly a critical 3rd down dropped pass in the SB would be too... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

I can assure you Wes and Hern have nothing in common other than the name on the uniform the past couple of years.

Now that you have had the chance to read other reports all day, aren't you feeling a little foolish regarding points 3 and 4?

[/QUOTE]

Why would he feel foolish of #4? You think any NFL GM has to have special crystal ball powers to avoid seeing a draft pick kill someone or himself?

Leave it you to pretend BB should see something in the future, as some other players kill themselves off the field (for whatever reason) or commit felonies after showing no signs of such behavior for years.

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point I made as usual. The point is not that the Pats drafted someone in the 4th round that many other teams took off their draft boards. That was a gamble that no one could argue. The point is signing him early, to a 7/$41 and giving him $12.5 upfront when the signs pointed to being involved with the wrong crowd....

as some dope here likes to say, " warnings were out", yet the Pats missed those warnings. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Amendola > Welker.

[/QUOTE]

That is a fair counterpoint because Brady does stick it in there on a line, but from what I've seen with Amendola;s impressive athleticism (that one handed catch on You Tube is sick) and hand/eye coordination, he looks just like Welker out there, dude. So far, the reports from camp are very strong by multiple accounts, too.

I read one account where if they need to work on something, they go watch film and Amendola has it corrected immediately where Brady gets giddy. That;s encouraging.

Look, I think a lot of what people love about Welker is his backstory and his underdog size and road up the ladder in the NFL. But, he's not the only guy like that out there.  He just happened to play with Brady and be around a ton of talent here with BB as GM and coach.

BB saw the upside in 2006, traded for him and Welker took off. He's looking at Amendola in the same way in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

The discussion need not be who is better or who has more upside, Wes or Amandola. The discussion should be would the Pats be better off with both of them, and Edelman and Donson and Boyce than they are today. The answer is clearly yes. 

The Pats very clearly could have signed Wes for 2/$12, same as Denver did. BB passed at 2/$12, not Wes. Wes came back to the Pats with 2/$12 in hand and said match it. 

Of course it is BB's prerogative to pass on it, but does anyone other than Ned Braden think the Pats are a better team now? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Pats could use a slot receiver about now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

lewis was in his limo according to witnesses during the scoffle that rendered stabbings. lewis was telling his bros to get into the car before things got over heated and ugly. that's why he was innocent of any charge. try reading the report.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats could use a slot receiver about now. 

So could the Colts. They could also use a pass rusher since Jerry Hughes is a bust, Freeney is done and Mathis is old.

Enjoy your middling team for the next few years.  Renting players won't work.  You have to draft.

[/QUOTE]

Heck Russ, give the new GM a little time will you?  The team turned over somewhere in the neighborhood of 70% of its active roster from 2011 to 2012.  What they did last year was incredible and unexpected and is frankly unexpected this year, but only playing the games will tell. 

Yes the draft is key, but this is only grigson's second draft.  Further, it seems to me that Belichick has been involved in quite a few "rentals" in his day who've played significant roles in the pats success over the years. 

So where do you think the pats stand as far as a Superbowl run is concerned on this day?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

I can assure you Wes and Hern have nothing in common other than the name on the uniform the past couple of years.

Now that you have had the chance to read other reports all day, aren't you feeling a little foolish regarding points 3 and 4?

[/QUOTE]

Can I ask you how I could possibly feel foolish for my points 3 and 4?  Seriously.  Please elaborate on how my posts were foolish.  3 indicates that PRIOR to this incident, he had shown nothing to deem him a bad teammate, person, player, etc..  4. has absolutely nothing to do with reports coming out today.  I was hypothetically stating that in the case of Hern actually being found guilty of murder, how could BB/Kraft foresee that he would do such a crime?  I was challenging YOU.  I don't look foolish for asking you a question.

At the time of the contract extension, Hern had shown NOTHING that would indicate he was involving himself with criminal activity.  He had kept his head on straight and mouth shut throughout his rookie contract.  Do you really think BB/Kraft/pats org had not done their due diligence in keeping track of Hern and his off the field behavior before giving him a huge cotract extension?  If you think they didn't, I have a bridge to sell you.

Does this recent accusation with Hern look bad on the franchise?  Absolutely.  Only a blind moron would argue that it doesn't.  However, for one, it's on Hernandez. He's a big boy and made his own decisions.  Was BB/Kraft supposed to keep a 24/7 surveillance on him making sure he doesn't screw up, even though he's given no reason not to trust him since joining the Pats? To try to scapegoat and put this on BB/Kraft is absolutely ridiculous.  Makes it seem that you jump on every opportunity to bash these two men.  I find it odd, actually.  Two, I will let the judicial system carry out the case and wait for the charges to come forward.  Until then, I will not accuse Hern of committing a crime he may or may not have committed.  

I will also not make light of a situation that left a 27 year old man dead.  Lastly, I will not retract any of my points because I still stand by them, no matter whether Hern is found guilty of murder/accessory to murder.  BB/Kraft don't have some magical crystal ball that's going to foresee into the future and predict crimes their players will commit.  You are being extremely disingenuous and egotistical regarding this topic.

Sections
Shortcuts