some where Wes is laughing

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: some where Wes is laughing

Russ - define rentals, please. 

With regard to Mathis and Bethea, I'll ask these questions - Did the pats need to replace Bruschi in 2005?  How old was Rodney Harrison when the pats picked him up?  After you answer these questions you may wish to revise your statement. 

Grigson doesn't have to sell anyone anything.  When a team turns over around 70% of its roster there's no way to infer something else.  Even amidst the amazing playoff birth last year, this market knows there were a ton of holes in the team last year, and for those that fooled themselves into thinking something else, that fantasy should have been destroyed with all of this year's free agent pick ups. 

As for giving some time -what's so funny?  You want my GM to be done with roster changes after 1 year while you give yours 3 years.  Nice one Russ.  Further, and most importantly, the NFL is a QB driven league and the colts changed theirs.  The pats haven't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

I can assure you Wes and Hern have nothing in common other than the name on the uniform the past couple of years.

Now that you have had the chance to read other reports all day, aren't you feeling a little foolish regarding points 3 and 4?

Can I ask you how I could possibly feel foolish for my points 3 and 4?  Seriously.  Please elaborate on how my posts were foolish.  3 indicates that PRIOR to this incident, he had shown nothing to deem him a bad teammate, person, player, etc..  4. has absolutely nothing to do with reports coming out today.  I was hypothetically stating that in the case of Hern actually being found guilty of murder, how could BB/Kraft foresee that he would do such a crime?  I was challenging YOU.  I don't look foolish for asking you a question.

At the time of the contract extension, Hern had shown NOTHING that would indicate he was involving himself with criminal activity.  He had kept his head on straight and mouth shut throughout his rookie contract.  Do you really think BB/Kraft/pats org had not done their due diligence in keeping track of Hern and his off the field behavior before giving him a huge cotract extension?  If you think they didn't, I have a bridge to sell you.

Does this recent accusation with Hern look bad on the franchise?  Absolutely.  Only a blind moron would argue that it doesn't.  However, for one, it's on Hernandez. He's a big boy and made his own decisions.  Was BB/Kraft supposed to keep a 24/7 surveillance on him making sure he doesn't screw up, even though he's given no reason not to trust him since joining the Pats? To try to scapegoat and put this on BB/Kraft is absolutely ridiculous.  Makes it seem that you jump on every opportunity to bash these two men.  I find it odd, actually.  Two, I will let the judicial system carry out the case and wait for the charges to come forward.  Until then, I will not accuse Hern of committing a crime he may or may not have committed.  

I will also not make light of a situation that left a 27 year old man dead.  Lastly, I will not retract any of my points because I still stand by them, no matter whether Hern is found guilty of murder/accessory to murder.  BB/Kraft don't have some magical crystal ball that's going to foresee into the future and predict crimes their players will commit.  You are being extremely disingenuous and egotistical regarding this topic.

Regarding #3-I said with all of the new reports reported yesterday for all of AH's discretions, he obviously has not been a good person...isnt this clear to you and you must have mis spoken?

Regarding #4-I strongly feel the PAts should have known that Hern was running with his Conn crowd before signing him to the extension...this is due dilligence for any contract extension.

If I feel strongly the Pats dropped the ball...and by all media accounts we now have, I simply dont see how you not only stick up for the decisions made, but deride me for calling the PAts out for not knowing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m

Should Aaron Hernandez be unable to start season, Patriots could open 2013 with their 5 leading receivers from 2012 not in lineup.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Regarding #4-I strongly feel the PAts should have known that Hern was running with his Conn crowd before signing him to the extension...this is due dilligence for any contract extension.

If I feel strongly the Pats dropped the ball...and by all media accounts we now have, I simply dont see how you not only stick up for the decisions made, but deride me for calling the PAts out for not knowing

I don't get the big deal about the extension.  If he didn't get into trouble it was a great deal.  If he does can't they avoid any cap issues because Hernandez violated the NFL's personal conduct policy (to say nothing of any potential language that might have been in the contract)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

You know rkarp, I really really try to like you and engage in football talk with you, but you make it so difficult because of your trollish behavior.  The police haven't even made a statement implying that Hern is the murderer or that Hern will be locked up, etc. and you take the opportunity to jump all over Kraft/BB AND try to make light of a murder by saying Wes is laughing about the situation.  Shame on you.

1. Wes is a great guy so I highly doubt he is laughing about a situation that left somebody dead.

2.  Hern was a teammate of Wes's who by all implications, was a friend.  He didn't leave because he disliked his teammates; he left because BB/Kraft didn't want him anymore.  This has no correlation to a grudge against his former teammates.

3. Hern has shown NOTHING to this point that he isn't a good person, player, teammate, etc. besides you, being the 'all-access' guy that you are, seeing him in a nightclub being drunk.  Appalling!  A 22-year old millionaire was wasted in a club.  Oh, the humanity.  

4. Say for instance that Hern is found guilty of either murder or an accomplice, how could BB/Kraft foresee Hern becoming a murderer?  Because he smoked weed in the past and grew up in the hood?  WOW! You just described 50+% of the NFL.

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

I can assure you Wes and Hern have nothing in common other than the name on the uniform the past couple of years.

Now that you have had the chance to read other reports all day, aren't you feeling a little foolish regarding points 3 and 4?

Can I ask you how I could possibly feel foolish for my points 3 and 4?  Seriously.  Please elaborate on how my posts were foolish.  3 indicates that PRIOR to this incident, he had shown nothing to deem him a bad teammate, person, player, etc..  4. has absolutely nothing to do with reports coming out today.  I was hypothetically stating that in the case of Hern actually being found guilty of murder, how could BB/Kraft foresee that he would do such a crime?  I was challenging YOU.  I don't look foolish for asking you a question.

At the time of the contract extension, Hern had shown NOTHING that would indicate he was involving himself with criminal activity.  He had kept his head on straight and mouth shut throughout his rookie contract.  Do you really think BB/Kraft/pats org had not done their due diligence in keeping track of Hern and his off the field behavior before giving him a huge cotract extension?  If you think they didn't, I have a bridge to sell you.

Does this recent accusation with Hern look bad on the franchise?  Absolutely.  Only a blind moron would argue that it doesn't.  However, for one, it's on Hernandez. He's a big boy and made his own decisions.  Was BB/Kraft supposed to keep a 24/7 surveillance on him making sure he doesn't screw up, even though he's given no reason not to trust him since joining the Pats? To try to scapegoat and put this on BB/Kraft is absolutely ridiculous.  Makes it seem that you jump on every opportunity to bash these two men.  I find it odd, actually.  Two, I will let the judicial system carry out the case and wait for the charges to come forward.  Until then, I will not accuse Hern of committing a crime he may or may not have committed.  

I will also not make light of a situation that left a 27 year old man dead.  Lastly, I will not retract any of my points because I still stand by them, no matter whether Hern is found guilty of murder/accessory to murder.  BB/Kraft don't have some magical crystal ball that's going to foresee into the future and predict crimes their players will commit.  You are being extremely disingenuous and egotistical regarding this topic.

Regarding #3-I said with all of the new reports reported yesterday for all of AH's discretions, he obviously has not been a good person...isnt this clear to you and you must have mis spoken?

[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand about the word "prior"?  I said PRIOR to this incident, he has shown nothing that would deem him a bad teammate, person, player, etc..  What other 'discretions' could you possibly be referring to besides this incident?

Back to 4, how do you know  that Hern was/is "running with his Conn crowd"?  Were you personally there on Sunday night when this happened?  Do you have information that the police haven't made public yet?  

If the charges come out that Hern committed murder/accessory, then I will blame HIM and want HIM off the team that I root for.  Stop taking every freaking opportunity to put the onus on Kraft/BB.  It's pathetic.  Hern is a big boy and makes his own decisions.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I don't get the big deal about the extension.  If he didn't get into trouble it was a great deal.  If he does can't they avoid any cap issues because Hernandez violated the NFL's personal conduct policy (to say nothing of any potential language that might have been in the contract)?

you could be correct PCM, but we dont know the language of the contract. WHat if AH signed the team friendly deal because the personal conduct policy was omitted?

If the contract can be voided, can the bonus paid be clawed back and will the terminated contract go against the books as dead money ($10M)?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This is beneath you dude

Mob,

What don't you understand about the word "prior"?  I said PRIOR to this incident, he has shown nothing that would deem him a bad teammate, person, player, etc..  What other 'discretions' could you possibly be referring to besides this incident?

Back to 4, how do you know  that Hern was/is "running with his Conn crowd"?  Were you personally there on Sunday night when this happened?  Do you have information that the police haven't made public yet?  

If the charges come out that Hern committed murder/accessory, then I will blame HIM and want HIM off the team that I root for.  Stop taking every freaking opportunity to put the onus on Kraft/BB.  It's pathetic.  Hern is a big boy and makes his own decisions.  

prior to this incident, you did hear that he shot 2 other people (allegedly at this time)...

have you read the numerous reports regarding Ah printed yesterday regarding all the red flags due to hanging out with his associates?

you can choose to ignore anything the media has to say...many hear were saying inncoent until proven guilty...TMZ....wait for due process...etc, etc...but the facts all point to this guy was a bad guy...and to think his team mates didnt know it I think is pretty short sighted.

no, I was not there. but are you doubting the reports?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Look, time will tell how the AH situation plays out. But it should be clear to all the Pats drafted a punk and a knuckle head, not some kid that got caught smoking pot while is college. You want to gamble a 4th on a questionable character, thats fine, even though many teams had him off their draft board. But to resign him to big $$$ knowing he is a knucklehead, and hangs with a questionable crowd is on Kraft and BB. To hang your hat on a guy with this questionable a character is a huge mistake.

I posted over 1 year ago, that I saw AH in a club in NY, and it would not have made the Pats proud. (only Rusty jumped all over me for saying the guy was a knucklehead).

Yet the team, in spite of needed Wr's, chooses to pass on Wes for relatively small money.

Clearly, this has back fired on BB, and once the AH situation sorts itself out, it will be interesting to see if BB or Kraft takes heat.

An idiotic post by an .......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

you could be correct PCM, but we dont know the language of the contract. WHat if AH signed the team friendly deal because the personal conduct policy was omitted?

If the contract can be voided, can the bonus paid be clawed back and will the terminated contract go against the books as dead money ($10M)?

First of all it wasn't THAT team friendly (so I doubt he could have gotten some offsetting language in there about the conduct policy).  For his position it was one of the largest contracts ever.  This Reiss piece seems to imply that the Patriots can claw the bonus money back if he violates the personal conduct policy.  Second I find it hard to believe any clause (which I doubt exists) which says the policy doesn't apply would be approved by the NFL or enforceable.  So even if there is no specific behavior language in the contract (which we don't know) I think the Pats have a pretty strong case if Hernandez gets put away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

BB will be the one laughing when Amendola pulls in the game clinching pass in Super Bowl XLVIII

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Look, time will tell how the AH situation plays out. But it should be clear to all the Pats drafted a punk and a knuckle head, not some kid that got caught smoking pot while is college. You want to gamble a 4th on a questionable character, thats fine, even though many teams had him off their draft board. But to resign him to big $$$ knowing he is a knucklehead, and hangs with a questionable crowd is on Kraft and BB. To hang your hat on a guy with this questionable a character is a huge mistake.

I posted over 1 year ago, that I saw AH in a club in NY, and it would not have made the Pats proud. (only Rusty jumped all over me for saying the guy was a knucklehead).

Yet the team, in spite of needed Wr's, chooses to pass on Wes for relatively small money.

Clearly, this has back fired on BB, and once the AH situation sorts itself out, it will be interesting to see if BB or Kraft takes heat.

An idiotic post by an .......

yes, and your insight on the situation is breath taking. thanks for adding to the board

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

First of all it wasn't THAT team friendly (so I doubt he could have gotten some offsetting language in there about the conduct policy).  For his position it was one of the largest contracts ever.  This Reiss pieceseems to imply that the Patriots can claw the bonus money back if he violates the personal conduct policy.  Second I find it hard to believe any clause (which I doubt exists) which says the policy doesn't apply would be approved by the NFL or enforceable.  So even if there is no specific behavior language in the contract (which we don't know) I think the Pats have a pretty strong case if Hernandez gets put away.

the friendly part of the deal is that it is back loaded

have you ever heard of a team recovering bonus money? I seem to recall one instance where the Lions did..but not sure on that

Sections
Shortcuts