somebody explain how slater is on the field as a receiver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

Re: somebody explain how slater is on the field as a receiver?

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Well, he's the fastest player on the team, so I think they were trying to capture lightning in a bottle... but it sure goes to show you the shear lack of depth/skill at the WR position on the team.

I sure hope they address the position via FA and the draft... the draft, in particular, is deep and loaded with talent this year.

Agree, but why, why then? First series and we only need 3 yards. This drive was about establishing momentum and we took the wind out of our sails before we boarded the boat. 

It was their 2nd series.  It's easy to question it in hindsight because the play was unsuccessful, but fans will complain regardless.  They're either not taking enough shots down the field or getting blasted for taking shots down the field.  It was a single play, not sure how it took the wind out of their sails.  They came right back in the next series and went deep again to Edelman, which was, IMO a bigger miss because he was wide open.

I was hoping that they would try a slant or long pass, but not on third down and Edelman open in the middle for a first down.  With all the injuries this year it was a very good year.

This game was lost in Miami a few weeks earlier. I don't care what any body says the altitude is an unfair advantage. Home field throughout the playoffs was always the key this year with said injuries.

On to the draft and free agency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: somebody explain how slater is on the field as a receiver?

This is about having a guy on  your roster and trying to fit him into a role evne though you know he sucks.  McDaniels is just clueless how to design plays to the strengths of his  players.

YOu don't design a play for Slater who is the worst WR on your team.  Design the play for VEREEN, you idiot, who has the hands and where-with all to make the play.  Or throw the ball to Blount.  who can break tackles in the open field.

But no, we get the college boy numbnuts McD, while Denver has the creativity to hand the ball off to a TE....!  Did you see that?  An OC actually using his resources to his advantage.

Sections
Shortcuts