Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable

The announcement that Crable is starting out on the PUP list is very unsettling.  Does anybody have more information than was posted on this site?  I for one am pretty concerned.  We are counting on Shawn to be a heavy contributor to the pash rush this season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable

I think everyone is still debating politics, religion, healthcare, world hunger, and so on.  I threw in a comment on Crable myself on the "Healthcare" thread, but it went completely unnoticed.  

We can only hope that since it's the PUP list where he can get activated during training camp, the injury isn't serious.  The injury bug looks like it's getting an early start this year.  Is it just me, or do the Pats have more injuries than the average team on a year after year basis?  Comments from Underdogg and JBolted make me think every fan believes their team has more injuries than the other teams.  Someone on this forum without any life whatsoever should research this.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

In Response to Re: Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable:
    "Someone on this forum without any life whatsoever should research this." LMAO I can tell you this. Is must have been something recent, and considering the only thing they should have been doing up to this point is working out and lifting weights, i will assume it is minor.  If its the same chin injury I would be worried, cuz this guys legs like stilts.  I just commented on this on my "lets talk football" thread.  The fact that they went and worked out another LB - Stryka, or whatver his name is, means they want to add depth, but this guy is 6'4" 250, and had 10 sack last year, def. worth a shot. Worse come to worse, and B.B. feels desperate , he could always pull some hat out the bag trade with all the pics we have next year to get a real OLB if he feels we need it.  Someone with no life should go find out who has a lot of OLB's on their team...
    Posted by STILLBALLIN

Two things, first on the comment about the Pats seeming to have more injuries than the average team--there may well be something to that.  But I think we need to keep in mind that, until last year, they usually went deep into the play-offs each season, so they were actually playing many more games than the "average" team anyhow.  And that does make it understandable why so many players (and the union, from what I've read) are against this plan to extend the regular season by two more games.

Secondly, if BB felt the team needed some "help" because of injuries and guys like Crable being on the PUP list, wouldn't it make more sense to get someone like Rosie Colvin back for part of the season, rather than bringing in some new guy who didn't know the Pats' system?  Rosie and Junior both played pretty darn well at the end of last season when the D was so plagued with injuries.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think the reason all fans believe theire team gets hit harder by injuries is because they know all the players on their own team. We see a guy like Crable on the PUP list and say, "Damn. That's a shame. We were expecting big things from him." While Phil in Kansas City, first-time caller, sees Crable, S., on the list and says, "Who's that deusche? Never heard of him. He' s nobody." The impact differs according to your interest level and so the injuries to "your" team seem worse (or more, if you will).

It wouldn't surprise me if that person with no life who did the research (where -- oh where, on earth could we ever find such a person?) discovered that there is very little measurable difference in the average number and severity of injuries from team to team. Although the guy who made the point about teams that consistently go deep into the playoffs being more susceptible is spot on.

Ultimately, injuries are just part of the game and happen to all teams. Only on forums like this one will you hear otherwise knowledgeable fans engaging in the "my injury is bigger than your injury" game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

He will be fine by week 6, best time to get injured is now, not halfway thru the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mike Reiss intimates that Crable may not have passed his conditioning test. 

I had a sense 4 months ago that Crable was in BB's doghouse, but then I heard good things about him too. 

WIld guess, Crable liked beer better than lifting weights this offseason.  So, he couldn't pass the famous BB stress test, run 40 yards 10 times in a row and be fast enough on the tenth time.  If this is what actually happened, look for Crable pedaling a stationary bicycle on the sidelines at the first public practice. 

More ominous is the Pats bringing in an OLB, possibly to replace Crable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable : Two things, first on the comment about the Pats seeming to have more injuries than the average team--there may well be something to that.  But I think we need to keep in mind that, until last year, they usually went deep into the play-offs each season, so they were actually playing many more games than the "average" team anyhow.  And that does make it understandable why so many players (and the union, from what I've read) are against this plan to extend the regular season by two more games. Secondly, if BB felt the team needed some "help" because of injuries and guys like Crable being on the PUP list, wouldn't it make more sense to get someone like Rosie Colvin back for part of the season, rather than bringing in some new guy who didn't know the Pats' system?  Rosie and Junior both played pretty darn well at the end of last season when the D was so plagued with injuries.
    Posted by Rimfire

I think since 2001 the Pats have play either the equivalent or more than a season in playoff games, so for guys like Brady, seymore, vrabel, Tedy, have and extra season on their resume, and you also dont get the amount of time some players do to recover, i guess that is the price of sucess

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

All three of these teams likely get more injuries than the rest because they tend to play longer seasons. That and the fact that the Colts and Pats both tend to carry more vets.

The Pats had a tremendous amount of injuries last season, indeed it dwarves what any other team had. But that isn't normal for NE anyway.

The injury toll on deep running teams should provide the biggest peice of common sense data on why expanding the season is just silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable:

The announcement that Crable is starting out on the PUP list is very unsettling.  Does anybody have more information than was posted on this site?  I for one am pretty concerned.  We are counting on Shawn to be a heavy contributor to the pash rush this season. 
    Posted by kittycat6969

Crable stinks.

Never had done a thing and people tell me how devastating this is?

The guy probably has drug issues, so they put him on the PUP to avoid a Calvin Pace-type embarrassment.

Warren out also.

No progress on Wilfork contract.

34 year old, injury-prone corner is supposed to be our new Asante?
    O-Line small and no depth.
    Any of you guys worried yet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Somebody please update me on Shawn Crable : Crable stinks. Never had done a thing and people tell me how devastating this is? The guy probably has drug issues, so they put him on the PUP to avoid a Calvin Pace-type embarrassment. Warren out also. No progress on Wilfork contract. 34 year old, injury-prone corner is supposed to be our new Asante? O-Line small and no depth. Any of you guys worried yet?  
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

No, I'm no more worried than I was before the 2007 season.  I don't think we have any more questions/concerns this year than we did before the 2007 season kicked off.  The sole exception is Brady.  How well he comes back trumps everything else.  I posted this on another thread long ago.  Let's rewind to before the 2007 season to put a little perspective on this year:

1. Our receiving corps was basically cleaned out.  Gaffney was the only holdover playing on opening day.
    2. Who the hell is Welker?  Can he play?
    3. Will Moss be the Moss of old, or the Moss from Oakland?  Will he cause problems in the locker room? He's still injured and does not take a snap in the preseason.
    4. Troy Brown is on the PUP, and can't play until week 6.
    5. Seymour is on the PUP, and cannot play until week 6.
    6. Rodney gets a 4 game suspension.
    7. Who is Sammy Morris?  
    8. Will Samuel even report to training camp, or will he hold out?
    9. Can Seau really have one more year in him?

2007 turned out fairly well for us, albeit not quite well enough.  Nonetheless, it does put some perspective on the concerns we have this year.  It's hardly as if this is the only year we have things to worry about.  In BB I trust.

Sections
Shortcuts