Somehow I believe Heath Evans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Somehow I believe Heath Evans

On Wes Welker‘s hit on Aqib Talib in the AFC championship game: “The ball was in the air. I know Wes. I’ve seen Wes avoid those guys a thousand times in practice, in the games. I’ve seen him kind of stutter his feet, get those guys to stutter [their] feet, accomplish his goal on that pick/rub route and then avoid contact. Well, I’m not saying anybody told Wes to go do that, but I firmly believe that was just a warning shot. Wes is one of the toughest players I’ve ever been around in my life. And I just firmly believe Wes is thinking, ‘We take Aqib out, or we just get him to slow down, we win this game.’

“I said that going in, we asked the question that week before the AFC championship game: Anybody more important than these two quarterbacks? I’m like, ‘Yeah, Aqib Talib.’ You lose him, your whole defensive plan goes out the window. And we saw it. You go back to Baltimore last year. He goes down, Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana. But before, there was nothing there.”

On if Welker, coming off two concussions, would put himself in harm’s way: “We could always find bigger, stronger guys, but if I was going to sit down here and try to find tougher guys that I’ve played with in my 10 years, I’d be hard-pressed to find tougher guys [than Welker]. I know Wes, he’s smart, he’ll do anything for a team. He doesn’t have to be coached on it. He’ll find it himself.

“You hate to judge intent. Like I said, I’ve seen that same play a thousand times. And I’ve seen Wes avoid greater athletes and bigger defenders. And yet, you see that right shoulder go down. You see him maybe try to slip or maybe try to put that shoulder right into it. Did he know he was going to hurt him? No. Was he trying to hurt him? No. But do I think Wes was trying to give Aqib a warning shot, that, ‘Hey, this is coming your way all day long’? Abso-friggin-lutley.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Somehow I believe Heath Evans

I said this in a couple of other threads:

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Heath is dead on here.  The contact with talib was totally intentional. Talib was already behind the play and wasnt going to make the tackle anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Nor I and Heath's comment to me confirms what I thought in that it was deliberate. I am not saying it is why we lost the game but it contributed to the loss. The other point is that the media does not have a clue with what BB was saying when he said it was the worst hit he had ever seen. What he implied it was the worst acting job he had ever seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

what was Talibs injury?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Losing Talib was huge. He is and has been the missing piece that makes this D decent against the pass. Denying that, is ignorance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from DeadAhead2. Show DeadAhead2's posts

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I remember the Showtime Inside the NFL episode just after the game, it was discussed on there between Simms, Collinsworth and Tony Martin.  All 3 agreed that they didn't think it was intentional.  They thought it was more like two people coming at each other, not knowing which direction each one was going to go, they both guess wrong and run into each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

[/QUOTE]

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

[/QUOTE]

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. They both tried to get inside. Wes tried harder. Thats foot ball. Wes played here forever. He is not a dirty player, never has been. He did not try hurt Talib. I dont care if you are an ex player, current player, coach or film expert. it is impossible to look at any angle of that tape and definitively say there was intent.

Heath is an entertainer, and is entertaining Pats fans.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

It will be interesting to see if they run that play against the seahawks, and to see how much contact is made.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont see WHY anyone needed Heath to comfirm what their eyes saw. Ive watched Wes play here for 6 years and run pic plays over and over and Ive never seen anyone hurt in the process. Also, he changed his direction, lined up Talib and put his shoulder into him. Most times you are just trying to make him change direction. Wes delivered a SHO T! No way around it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I had quoted Heath right after it happened

I am sorry that was not two people just  simpley colliding

That wasnt a "rub" that was a blast

This was WW taking a bead and going for Talib. Period

You are smoking dope with any other explanation

Evans was incensed after iit happened, and when he first talked about it he dhsoed the hit comeing before the catch - close yes but clearly pi. And then they called the pick on us.Two plays that cost points to the PAts - rmemeber the Pats ade a last didtch effort in the fourth qtr - who knows what would have happenned - MaybePM chokres again . maybe not

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Also for those saying we wouldnt have won anyway. Probably right. I dont usually say anything about the refs but its very strange that on our 1st 3rd down, when Brady tried to hit Collie on a slant, I rewatched it and DRC blatantly holds Collie and uses the hold to pull on him and catch up and swat the ball away. The side ref was looking RIGHT at the play and it was clear that he was holding the jersey. Now considering they also missed calls for the broncos and called ticky tack p/i on Hooman, well the agenda was in place, sorry. Manning NEEDs more SB appearances to align with all the Hype the NFL is always placing on Manning.

Thats My opinion. Now our gameplan offensively S*cked anyway but I thought we gave ourselves a chance on D until Talib went out. We werent winning though with that gameplan BB/McDaniels came up with.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

and for those who want to put gameplans on Brady...

He does not dictate personell. When Slater comes on the field after NOT seeing the field all day, did Brady ASK for him?? No, it was a DESIGN play for him like we see ONCE A YEAR but why THEN?  IDK, ask BIll but please stop with the Amendola was open and Brady failed to see. That play was a straight go from the GUN designed to go to Slater deep. Whoever designed THAT is the problem...not Brady.

Whoever is blaming brady for trying to execute the plays called cant see the hyprocisy of also saying Brady goes rogue during games. if he DID, he sure as well would have changed THAT call.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't matter. Welker changedd direction to impede, so when he does that, that's the Off PI.  So, even before contact, it's already Off PI.  Nice try or learn the rules. You have to at least make it appear like you're running a route vs going like a bat out of hell and throwing yourself like a missle as if you're blocking for a runner.

People don't like disingenous people like yourself. It was clear Off PI.

[/QUOTE]

Talib also changed direction and went inside.  He started to go outside to go around Arrington but then chose to go inside to Welker.  You gotta watch the play live again.  Arrington was picking up Thomas, had Welker got outside there was nobody there, he would have been wide open for a big gain.  Collins got to Manning on a blitz so Manning dumped it off to Thomas.  Thomas was a bit surprised the ball was there, that's why he dropped it.  Watch the play again, not the little gif floating around, and stop acting like you know it all.  Clearly you don't know jack s#it.  Don't you dvr the games, boy? So you can go back and watch stuff like this?  LMAO!  You are a fraud!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont see WHY anyone needed Heath to comfirm what their eyes saw. Ive watched Wes play here for 6 years and run pic plays over and over and Ive never seen anyone hurt in the process. Also, he changed his direction, lined up Talib and put his shoulder into him. Most times you are just trying to make him change direction. Wes delivered a SHO T! No way around it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I didn't realize this was even an on going debate. The broncos reinvented the rub route this year leading the league in such plays. It was obvious WW was picking him and did so as hard as he could.

I don't think WW intentionally tried to injure the guy but their is no doubt he wanted to take him out of that particular play. WW playing with the heart and effort he always did, played that play as hard as he could and took Talib the soft hearted right out of the game....again.

25. This post has been removed.