Somehow I believe Heath Evans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: Somehow I believe Heath Evans

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

I believe that it was intentional, in all the years that BB has spoken to the press hehas never called out a player. His usual response is That's a league decision.. I do think that hit was just too much for the Patriots to overcome. 

I have no doubt that BB has anomysity towards WW. It actually started a long time ago. Watch the NFL "football life BB" At the very begining during a preseason game with Phil I believe back in 2009 watch the interaction between Bill and Wes after Julian made a terrific return. Basically Wes told BB that Julian could keep the return duties after BB asked Wes if he knew who the Yankees first baseman was before Lou Gehrig. BB response to Wes was "way to compete"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

everytime i read tfb12s comments, subjectively, i feel like im reading a comment from a jets troll. it literally feels that way he tries to rub in the loss and rusty just keeps fighting for the pats he does it for the team.

down with tfb12

Kinda strange isn't it?  Mt Hurl does it as well. Pezzy and Babe are others. It's why they align with Bustchise. They come off like Jets trolls almost reveling in the idea that the team didn't get to the SB again. It's like they're happy Brady keeps playing in mediocre fashion letting the team down.

The one time he could have been that leader to help the D, he still can't show it.

All of them also ignore the QB of this team and his play, simultaneously.  

Real fans are disappointed and wonder if Brady will ever snap out of it, but they try to sweep his play under the rug again.

The definition of troll is the guy who slams our hall of fame quarterback (and best player on this team by far)...that is you!

Winner winner chicken dinner!! Ding ding ding! YOU ARE THE TROLL!! YAAAAAAY!

Only you mindlessly run around overrating mediocre players year in and year out...Chung, Merriweather, Maroney, Cunningham, Brace, Rasi Dowling, Tavon Wilson, Shaun Ellis, Fells, Ballard, Hightower, Fanene, Butler, Taylor Price, Bodden, Adrain Wilson, Trevor Scott, Love...on and on and on. You've made excusess for them all - and there were many many more you praised when they weren't deserving. Unless the player literally went out on that field and crapped his pants in front of 70k people, you put them ahead of Brady (and let's face it some of them DID crap their pants).

You even started a thread on Tavon Wilson the day after he made a tackle in his first preseason game!! You did that! You did! He hasn't made a play since! LOL! Truth.

All the people on here you put down on a daily basis know more about football and are more honest about what is going on than you...not even close. I can at least admit when I'm wrong. I can admit when we HAVE brought in a good player and be thrilled about it. Jaime Collins? I'm peeing myself over that guy...great find...great job by Belichick and that scouting staff. Chandler Jones? We have one of the better pass rushers in the league and we picked him in the 20's in the draft...that is outstanding, it is. Vareen? If he stays healthy he will be a fine second round pick. Solder? If he is a little more consistent he will be a solid first round pick. That is more than you can do...Brady could throw for 500 yards and 6 touchdowns to rookies and we won't hear a word from you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

even if he's right, there isn't much that will change the outcome of the game. We're still out of the playoffs. Plus, Talib's injury isn't the only reason why the Patriots lost.

+1 - Got to get past this folks, the ink is dry in the history books on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

I said this in a couple of other threads:

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

Tie goes to the runner! Smiley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I said this in a couple of other threads:

In all the time Welker played with the Pats, did you ever see him launch himself at a defensive back like that?  I don't recall ever seeing it but I may be wrong.

No. It also is Off PI when the ball is in the air. When you impede a defender, it's PI and called all the time except when it's our team.

The only way you can even tell if Welker and Talib hit before Thomas touches the ball is if you use super slow motion and pause each frame.  At regular speed it happens too fast to even tell.  Stop trying to shove your agenda down our throats. 

That doesn't matter. Welker changedd direction to impede, so when he does that, that's the Off PI.  So, even before contact, it's already Off PI.  Nice try or learn the rules. You have to at least make it appear like you're running a route vs going like a bat out of hell and throwing yourself like a missle as if you're blocking for a runner.

People don't like disingenous people like yourself. It was clear Off PI.

Talib also changed direction and went inside.  He started to go outside to go around Arrington but then chose to go inside to Welker.  You gotta watch the play live again.  Arrington was picking up Thomas, had Welker got outside there was nobody there, he would have been wide open for a big gain.  Collins got to Manning on a blitz so Manning dumped it off to Thomas.  Thomas was a bit surprised the ball was there, that's why he dropped it.  Watch the play again, not the little gif floating around, and stop acting like you know it all.  Clearly you don't know jack s#it.  Don't you dvr the games, boy? So you can go back and watch stuff like this?  LMAO!  You are a fraud!

I've seen your explanations of this particular play and have seen the video you continually point to and I have to say, you should try watching that video or point to the one you really watched because what you say about this play has no, and I mean absolutely no, basis in reality. Welker took Talib out on purpose and it wasn't even close to NOT being a pick play and not even close to being no offensive PI.

Like I've said before you are great with photoshop but you have an agenda here that is counter to what a true fan of a team would have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

You guys are missing the bigger picture. I don't care if Wes was trying to injure Talib or not. Hard to prove intent as only Wes knows the answer to that one. What I do care about is the perception that BB was off his rocker claiming it was the worse hit and how all the media jumped on him for saying so. I believe his comments were more about the route that Wes ran and how he under sold that route. I would love to see video of him as a pat and running the rub play just like that.

He wouldn't run it like that as a Pat because he knows he would have been flagged for it!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Sometimes I just shake my head reusing this blog

It was so clearly welker looking for the hit on Talib it isn't funny., the timing is close but not a tie. this paws as bad as the Carolina lb hitting zGronk p pppppppp

sorry about the p my ipad

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Another take, yes Welker did it on purpose but lets think about it. I think it was a cheap shot but very very strategic and smart...and in the end is  a winning strategy. This is the leagues fault that Welker and others have to choose between  pushing the boundaries and winning or playing  clean and losing.

Football is a game where great advantage is made by being the agressor. If you can stand the fines and penalties there is no doubt strategic gain to knocking your opponent down and out.

If the league really wanted to stop it they would have ejections and disqualifications not just fines and penalties. At least the penalty for a defensless hit would greatly exceed a light touch to the back of a shoulder by a defesive back on a 50 yard pass play.

So we have a system where the best teams are the ones that have figured out how to get away with borderline stuff or even  take a fine on non borderline stuff ..Seattle and Denver are in the SB...need I say more. Even Talib...the player at the other end of the hit is credited for being so good becasue he knows how far to push the grey area.

Secondly..we have a league where they want offense and the rules and attitudes have gotten to the point where if you are a defesive player and you breath on a reciever you are penalized while Welkers hit is not called, offensive holding is not called on almost every play.

Get some real rules NFL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kittybustchiser45's comment:

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

even if he's right, there isn't much that will change the outcome of the game. We're still out of the playoffs. Plus, Talib's injury isn't the only reason why the Patriots lost.

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

EVERY DAY...EVERY NIGHT....I"LL BE HERE TO REMIND THIS BOARD JUST WHO BUST-CHISE IS...THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

GIT 'EM MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY-MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Another take, yes Welker did it on purpose but lets think about it. I think it was a cheap shot but very very strategic and smart...and in the end is  a winning strategy. This is the leagues fault that Welker and others have to choose between  pushing the boundaries and winning or playing  clean and losing.

Football is a game where great advantage is made by being the agressor. If you can stand the fines and penalties there is no doubt strategic gain to knocking your opponent down and out.

If the league really wanted to stop it they would have ejections and disqualifications not just fines and penalties. At least the penalty for a defensless hit would greatly exceed a light touch to the back of a shoulder by a defesive back on a 50 yard pass play.

So we have a system where the best teams are the ones that have figured out how to get away with borderline stuff or even  take a fine on non borderline stuff ..Seattle and Denver are in the SB...need I say more. Even Talib...the player at the other end of the hit is credited for being so good becasue he knows how far to push the grey area.

Secondly..we have a league where they want offense and the rules and attitudes have gotten to the point where if you are a defesive player and you breath on a reciever you are penalized while Welkers hit is not called, offensive holding is not called on almost every play.

Get some real rules NFL.

great post, pushing the boundaries by being aggressive makes for winning football. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

It will be interesting to see if they run that play against the seahawks, and to see how much contact is made.

i think the seahwks have been studying the dinkos illegal picks have will have an answer for it. they will probably be very physical, wes may be knocked out a third time this year

Sections
Shortcuts