Someone needs to tell BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Someone needs to tell BB

That great leaders surround themselves with great people.

In case he/you/anyone hasn't noticed we havn't won sh*t with the cardboard cutouts that have been impersonating coordinators and noncoordinators since 2005.

I don't want to hear 16-0 or 14-2, that's loser talk.  They play the season to win the Super Bowl.  Every year there's one Winner and 31 Losers.

Please Hire and keep Real Coordinators like Dom Capers......Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Someone needs to tell BB

So it's all about the coaching and not the players??

You can just as easily say that they haven't won since they had players like Seymour, Willie Mac, Bruschi, Vrabel, Law and Rodney on D at the same time.  And while you may argue that they benefited from better coaching, I would say that Sey and McG were stud, high picks coming out of college.  Law was a 1st rounder.  Rodney was already a great player when he got here. And Bruschi was definitely coached well to become a full-time LB, but he also came out of college as an alltime  D-1 sack leader.   They have some of those pieces now but still have holes in the D that weren't there when they were winning titles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Someone needs to tell BB:
    [QUOTE]That great leaders surround themselves with great people. In case he/you/anyone hasn't noticed we havn't won sh*t with the cardboard cutouts that have been impersonating coordinators and noncoordinators since 2005. I don't want to hear 16-0 or 14-2, that's loser talk.  They play the season to win the Super Bowl.  Every year there's one Winner and 31 Losers. Please Hire and keep Real Coordinators like Dom Capers......Thanks.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    I agree 100 % with T-Cal.  There is NO business in this world that 1 man alone can run. People talking about well the Pats team was hurt and didn't have star players, well they didnt have star players when they won the Super Bowls.
    BB has made blunders the last few years that never would have taken place with proper coaches in place.
    The saddest part is, as great as BB is, (and there is no doubt he is great) how much better would he be with the proper coaching staff, as he once had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Someone needs to tell BB:
    [QUOTE]So it's all about the coaching and not the players?? Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

technically he's right. BB has been outcoached in the last three playoffs losses, simple as that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Two heads are better than one,just not cheaper,alcohol is fun and cheap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

[QUOTE]So it's all about the coaching and not the players?? You can just as easily say that they haven't won since they had players like Seymour, Willie Mac, Bruschi, Vrabel, Law and Rodney on D at the same time.  And while you may argue that they benefited from better coaching, I would say that Sey and McG were stud, high picks coming out of college.  Law was a 1st rounder.  Rodney was already a great player when he got here. And Bruschi was definitely coached well to become a full-time LB, but he also came out of college as an alltime  D-1 sack leader.   They have some of those pieces now but still have holes in the D that weren't there when they were winning titles.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

it's a combo of things. players, luck, skill, coaching...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"So it's all about the coaching and not the players??"

Well, since BB is also in charge of picking the players I guess you could say it's all about the coaching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

BB outcoached 14 teams with his staff constituted as is AND  has managed to coach his team into the playoffs in other years. DOES that mean he and his staff are smart enough to win in the regular season but become dumb in the playoffs? I doubt it. I'm looking to hear from all the "Coaches" in this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to tell BB : technically he's right. BB has been outcoached in the last three playoffs losses, simple as that. 
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

BB needs help??

KPat, you are dead on!  BB has taken on too much and needs O and D coordinators of stature, not young errand boys in awe of him.  Jets beat us because he was too arrogant and stubborn to look at the Jets dropping everyone back and adjust to a two TE run-blocking scheme.  Run Law Firm and have Crumpler and Gronk block the Jets down the field.  This is just what Steelers Mike Tomlin did to Rex and the Jesters with Mendenhall running for 95 yards in the first half behind al OLine inferior to the Pats!  BB just wants to have it his way.  We pass no need to change you can't stop me!

Here is what Kraft said today's Globe and Herald about the Pats-Jests game shocker - bad game plan by BB, essentially:

Kraft was candid in his assessment of New England’s surprising 28-21 defeat in the divisional round.

When asked what was missing that day, Kraft’s quick response gave a reminder that he was a Patriots fan long before he was their owner.

“I don’t know, a good game plan? You’ve got to hand it to the Jets, they came in and they did a good job,’’ Kraft said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Bill needs to tell Kraft that this wonderfull value system is working because they have the best QB in the NFL and if they want to go further, they will need to spend some of that Patriot Place money. They also might want to try dipping into little Jonathan's trust fund.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i'm curious who you guys think they should bring in to coach.

BB trained the people he had up through years of work and dedication, and they up and left. Getting quality coaches like he had in the superbowl years take A lot of time and effort.

You dont want to be like todd haley in Kc going on his third Offensive Cood in 3 years, or oakland going on it what 4th?

GREAT teams have consistency, Thats what the pats have, What they need is a pass rush.

you say we got out coached? ok thats your opinion.

Imho we moved the ball really well at times, We held them on defense okay.

Add a pass rush and Sancheeze takes a few sacks. Add a legit deep threat and the middle of the field opens up a little more. take away a dropped TD pass and the INT and you have a patriots win, the coaching didnt have anything to do with the loss. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I said the only way we lost to the Jets was by momentum, we had some early but the int and the dropped passes about killed it.

Kraft pretty much called it out. We need a pass rush and a running game. The deep threat I dont think so much. It would be nice if it falls in our lap but don't pick a WR early.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"So it's all about the coaching and not the players??"

"Well, since BB is also in charge of picking the players I guess you could say it's all about the coaching."

While BB may do both, coaching and GM duties are 2 different things.  I think most of us will agree that their past 2 drafts have been better than the ones in the few yrs prior so I wouldn't say that he needs obvious help in this aspect.

And as far as coaching, they have the best record over a 16 game schedule with young, inexperienced guys all over the field yet they lose a playoff game and all of a sudden the coaching isn't good enough??

Like itsjustagame says.  It's a combination of a lot of things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE] DOES that mean he and his staff are smart enough to win in the regular season but become dumb in the playoffs? Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

That has been the trend in losing the last three playoff games.

The other teams coaches are preparing better and outcoaching BB. They are shutting down Brady with blitzes and flooding the zones, and BB is not adjusting properly like using no huddle, and poor clock management

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Brady doesn't throw that pick and Crumpler doesn't drop the TD pass and it's a toally different game.  Yes coaching is one aspect but let's not completely take away the performance of players when trying to place blame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Exactly siesta, there were some headscratching coaching moments, but the Pats dominated that first quarter. If its 14-0, its a different ballgame.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think we have some candidates posting here to replace BB...    ya think?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone needs to tell BB : That has been the trend in losing the last three playoff games.   The other teams coaches are preparing better and outcoaching BB. They are shutting down Brady with blitzes and flooding the zones, and BB is not adjusting properly like using no huddle, and poor clock management
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Kansas.... I guess if losing 3 P.O. games in row is a trend would you call the 3 games lost by the Sox to N.Y. in the 2003 playoffs a trend before they swept 4 games  and Francona went from dumb to smart.?   Are you saying that B.B can't coach in the playoffs but apparently he can adjust in the regular season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

The pats dominated the first quarter..sweet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]The pats dominated the first quarter..sweet.
    Posted by rochfan[/QUOTE]
    What? There's no trophy for that?Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

When you look at the stats..what jumps out at you is this..
    Jets just didn't make as many mistakes..nothing flashy..just slow and steady.
    Brady threw for almost 300 yards, but only 2 TD passes..and 1 pick.
    while Sanchez threw for less yards, but was a little less dink and dunk (his average completion was higher). Also, 3 TD passes with no INT's.

Pats were only 36 % on third down..0-2 on 4th downs..these are clutch downs.

Obviously pass rush was tale of 2 cities. 5 for Jets. 0 for Pats.

Finally, Pats were only 2-4 in the RZ..while Jets were an effective 4-5 in the RZ.

Pats pass defense generated 0 ints and 0 sacks.. not good. ..
    And it's not like they shut down the run in return. Both Greene and LT were over 4 yards a carry. And Woodhead, the top rusher in terms of carries was a not very impressive 3.8 yards a carry.
    Law firm was more effective, but carried the ball less.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Exactly siesta, there were some headscratching coaching moments, but the Pats dominated that first quarter. If its 14-0, its a different ballgame.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, digger....  IF Tyree didn't make that catch......  get my drift...  it is what it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

obrien is the o coordinator...you could see bill yelling at him during game... to change sh*t up...   anyway the plan was fine... the execution was not so much... this arguement is old as bill was the d coordinator... bet ya patricia gets that title this year  pats should have done better but they didnt... get over it they were still damn good and very young.... looking forward to coming year... coordinators have to grow too and i think they def did better this year...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] Sorry, digger....  IF Tyree didn't make that catch......  get my drift...  it is what it is.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    I hear ya. The Jets just played better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"You dont want to be like todd haley in Kc going on his third Offensive Cood in 3 years, or oakland going on it what 4th?

GREAT teams have consistency, Thats what the pats have, What they need is a pass rush."

The Patriots have had no Stability or Experience at the coordinator position since 2005.  This my friends is a/the problem.

Since Charlie left we have had.....None...McD....None.....O'brein/None.
    Since Romeo left we have had.....Rat Boy....Pees....None

HELLO, anyone see a problem here.

Sections
Shortcuts